10-250 question

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by robertwhee, Jul 28, 2007.

1. robertwhee

robertwhee New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    I recently upgraded to the hr20 but want to use the 10-250 as an off air reciever, is this possible and how?

This is what I have tried, connected antennea and rerun setup and selected off air ant. only but it it says I need to call direct tv.

Help

2. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...
    You need to have it connected to the satellite in order for it to work. It still gets its authorization from DirecTV. You'll only be paying the mirroring fee. I forget - it's either 4.99 or 5.99.

3. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    The HR10 can be used as an off-air ATSC tuner (with 30-minute buffer) without satellite or DVR service, but without those two things, it cannot record. Simply rerun the setup saying you have antenna only and then do a channel scan. You won't have guide data other than the current show info provided by the stations.

4. robertwhee

robertwhee New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    thanks Steve that worked but setting up this to work on my media center pc I cannot get it to recognize my OTA HD channels like 3-1 5-1 etc. The channel guide only sees regular channels any ideas on how to correct this in MCE

5. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Sorry, you've lost me. What does the HR10 have to do with Media Center? If you want to tune in HD channels using a PC, you need a dedicated ATSC tuner card (either PCI or one that connects by USB) and which is supported by MCE. You can't just take some external receiver and "hook it up".

6. robertwhee

robertwhee New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    sorry, I do have a card and it is connected and I can view the OTA channels on MCE. I was just wondering how I could MCE to see the OTA HD channels because the guide data on MCE only picks up regular channel #'s

7. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    That's a question for another forum entirely.

8. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY