1 of my 3 Tivos will not re-name???

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by delphinus1966, Oct 24, 2007.

1. delphinus1966

delphinus1966 New Member

Jun 6, 2006

Advertisements

Hello, I recently moved and after the move I changes my tivos locations and re-named all three. My series 2 and one of my s2dt's renamed, but my 2nd s2dt will not rename. I checked to see if it has connected to the tivo service and it has. It has been like this for the last two weeks. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you correct it.

Thanks in advance!

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I'm in the same boat. One of mine won't rename. The name is changed on the Tivo website but won't show up using MRV. No idea how to correct it though.

3. delphinus1966

delphinus1966 New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention that on the tivo site that it does show the correct name. Hopefully, someone will have some idea on how to correct this problem. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with tivo and they told me to try a hard reboot, which I have already done, so I guess they have no idea how to correct it either.

4. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    A clear and delete everything might solve the problem, but then you lose all recordings and season passes.

5. pjhartman

pjhartman excitable boy

Jan 21, 2002
    Omaha, NE

Advertisements

It took my THD about three days to "find" and apply the name given to it, but it eventually did.

Maybe just let things roll forward for a couple of days to see if the change catches.

6. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Don't know why, but last night my Tivo's name was finally corrected. Before you try deleting everything, try unplugging all of your tivos and then rebooting them. I had to unplug my tivo that would not rename because of another problem and after I plugged it back it, the name was corrected. Not sure if the change had anything to do with the reboot but its worth a shot.

7. ldc3000

ldc3000 Member

Jun 24, 2004
    NC
    A restart fixed the issue for me.

8. Sturmie

Sturmie Commander Cool

Jun 11, 2007
    Tivo support told me this was a known issue (ie, renaming your units on Tivo.com and then NOT having the name change on the units themselves)...is this not true? i haven't tried restarting all 4 of my units, but i changed the name on 2 of them two weeks ago and they STILL haven't been renamed.

9. Sturmie

Sturmie Commander Cool

Jun 11, 2007
    so, since it's been 2+ weeks since i changed the names on my boxes online and i haven't seen the changes at home yet, should i be worried?