1 Channel Breakup Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by PSUMattDE, Aug 25, 2007.

1. PSUMattDE

PSUMattDE New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Hey guys- i've been a Tivo man for 5 days now. Had been 100% awesome until last night.

One channel via Verizon FIOS - Comcast Sportsnet Philly HD - Channel 829 in my area - started breaking up like crazy last night. I knew it was more than the "macroblocking" problem.

Anyway - I checked the diagnostics - the signal level would go from 100 - to 80 - to 67 - back to 100 - and the SNR was moving all over from 38dB to 34dB to 31dB - with alot of noticeable errors. It never did this at all since I got hooked up Monday (I had watched a few Phils games during the week)

Doing the same thing on Tuner 2 - so ruled out the cable card. Funny thing is - it's not doing it on my other Verizon provided cable boxes in the house - their signal levels were constant. I haven't noticed it on any other channel yet - so i'm not sure what to think.

Anyone else see this before? I removed the line from the splitter - hooked it back up - no change.

Thanks for any tips.

2. vchan168

vchan168 New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I am having a similar issue, all the channels are rock solid, except for channel 1-49, I just got my TiVo HD like few days ago, so far, I like it alot better than FIOS STB. I just want something that will record my show and I want it make sure it will record, which is a big plus for TiVo.

it is very weird, I mean, every other channel has like 99-100 signal strength, but from 1-49, it can be from 0-100, it is very crazy.

and I live in Germantown, Maryland

3. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Matt,

Were you able to fix your problem?

4. PSUMattDE

PSUMattDE New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Bk-
    Yeah, i'm better now. A tech came out and changed out the splitter and removed the 8dB attenuator they had previously put on the line coming in.

I'm thinking it was more than that - maybe a couple day issue upstream with those frequencies - but i've been better since then.