1/28 Supernatural and Smallville Delayed

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by nexter, Jan 27, 2011.

1. nexter

nexter New Member

Aug 24, 2010

Advertisements

The CW has delayed the return of 'Supernatural' and 'Smallville.' Instead of returning Jan. 28, new episodes of the CW dramas will return Feb. 4.

2. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey, thanks for posting this info.

3. jimp

jimp Member

Jan 1, 2005
    BFE, Indiana
  4. jimp

jimp Member

Jan 1, 2005
    BFE, Indiana
    At least one of my TiVos picked up the guide data correction late this afternoon. I haven't had a chance to check the other one yet.

It now shows Vampire Diaries and Nikita on tonight.

5. DrWho453

DrWho453 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Raleigh NC

Advertisements

My guide showed the vampire diaries and other show in the time slot but tivo still showed that it was going to record small. and super. at eight and nine. I had to manually cancel the recordings

6. jimp

jimp Member

Jan 1, 2005
    BFE, Indiana
    Finally got a chance to check my living room tivo and it still hadn't updated the guide... I forced a manual connection so we'll see what happens.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I forced a call an hour before the shows started, and by ten minutes before Supernatural had dropped off but Smallville hadn't. So I did a manual recording of Vampire Diaries, and that took care of Smallville (which was probably about to drop off also, but why take chances?).

And now both are properly scheduled for next week, with the episodes that were originally tonight.

8. jimp

jimp Member

Jan 1, 2005
    BFE, Indiana
    Oddly enough my living room TiVo recorded the Smallville episode ("Collateral") and didn't record Supernatural, but it also was set to record "Collateral" on 2/4 when I checked the To Do list. First time I've seen that happen and it didn't take a manual recording to fix.

9. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    My Comcast DVR recorded Supernatural, or at least it thought it did.
    However, the Feb. 4 episode is scheduled to record so no manual correction needed.
    Bummer, I was all set to watch a new Supernatural on a cold Saturday afternoon.

10. Lenonn

Lenonn Member TCF Club

May 30, 2004
    The listings still show it as having aired last week, so the TiVo assumes tonight's is not new. If you have your Season Pass set to record only new episodes, it looks like it thinks tonight is a reairing.

11. jimp

jimp Member

Jan 1, 2005
    BFE, Indiana
    It's always best to check, but my living room DVR where the SP's for Smallville and Supernatural live shows both episodes as new -- original air dates are 2/4/10 on both, and both show they will record because of the SP.

It may depends on if/when your box picked up the guide data change last Friday.

12. DrWho453

DrWho453 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Raleigh NC
    I checked mine a couple of days ago and it is set to record both small and super which I was happy to see since I manually canceled last weeks recording.

13. BOHICA

BOHICA New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    USA
    well my Premier did not record smallville as it should using the season pass. most likely it sees it as a repeat as it was "recorded" last week. The unit should have corrected for this so I'm a little pissed. :mad: But like others did, I should have checked.

14. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    I guess I should have checked here earlier. I missed tonight's recording as well. :mad:

Not available on Hulu or CWTV web site. The only place it's available (legally) from Amazon, iTunes, etc, though it won't show up on those sites for a few days.