09/25/17 MSNBC 6PM EST Greta's back on the schedule

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by unitron, Sep 25, 2017.

1. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

Advertisements

Or at least that's what TiVo thinks.

I forget the name of the current show in that slot after MTP Daily and before Hardball, but the guide show's Greta's old show instead.

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    that's weird. that is Ari Melber's time slot...at least I hope it still is.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Since the guide hasn't been fed since last Thursday, it's still showing the boiler plate for news shows. Tonight's MSNBC also doesn't indicate that all are new. Late night, like Jimmy Kimmel, are also missing their data. I expect this to be corrected sometime this afternoon.

Expect to see Greta every week. It took a while to get Deadline placed into the boiler plate. I've been trying for two years to get the logo fixed. Wanna try?

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i don't know if rivo has fixed this yet (been too busy to check), but the monday, tuesday, and wednesday night episodes of all in with chris hayes all had a first run date of 9/22, which means the 1p didn't schedule them to record.

5. IraF

IraF Member

Jan 22, 2002

Advertisements

Yes, all or most of prime time is shown as re-runs of 9/22, so most prime time shows won't automatically record. I noticed this yesterday and forgot to check today until just how - missed Ari Melber but caught the rest in time to set. The rest of daytime is 50% 9/25, 50% 9/22. All week ahead is similarly messed up.

krkaufman likes this.
  6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I just noticed earlier that several MSNBC shows didn't record today because they were considered duplicates. Guide data seems to be deteriorating.

7. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i shudder to think of this... :eek:

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It has been this way for a very long time (since Rovi?). Next week, which means "next week" is always the same. On Thursday and Friday the real data gets filled in. Even zap2it will have missing data on the last day or two of its guide. True, it looks like the networks don't provide the data, but we don't work for Nielsen or TiVo, so it's speculation. Everything I had scheduled (prime time and late night) recorded, but only because I left the TiVo data alone and didn't change to the correct "season" of the new programs. My guide is still stuck on 10/4.

TiVo Online has valid data this morning. My three TiVo units do not.

9. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I've seen generic data for MSNBC shows since the Rovi switchover, which has resulted in over-recording of content, since TiVo errs on the side of caution. (Prompting the tweak to my TCF avatar's byline, since I've had to begin shepherding our TiVo's post-Rovi, where before they were pretty much maintenance-free.) However, the recent issues with MSNBC programs NOT recording seems related to some change where rather than listing generic information for the shows, incorrect data is being associated, making the programs appear to be old or duplicates.

10. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    when i looked at program info for the shows that failed to schedule, it showed a first aired date of 9/22 for shows on 9/25, 9/26, & 9/27.

the good news? it was corrected with yesterdays guide update.

krkaufman likes this.
  11. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Same here. Except I got "lucky" by noticing many shows in the afternoon failed to record, and set manual recordings for Monday night's shows just prior to their beginning. I then forced a manual service connection which *did* correct the guide info and filled-out the guide through 10/8.

12. russdog

russdog New Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Gulf Shores
    Many MSNBC shows labeled "11-02-17"... so OnePass doesn't record them...

Is this an MSNBC-caused problem or a ROVI-caused problem?

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Since TitanTV (Nielsen) is ok and tvguide.com is bad, I vote Rovi.

krkaufman, NorthAlabama and russdog like this.
  14. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The guide extension to 11/16 corrects this problem.

15. IraF

IraF Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Guide info has been wrong on many primetime MSNBC shows and will be wrong on some shows next week too. Typically it will give a show title that is a date in the past.

I noticed the OnePass was going to miss shows, so I set them to manually record. TiVo skipped them anyway - marked in History as Duplicates.

Is there no way to defeat a broken guide? Is the answer to stop using One Pass on MSNBC and just manually record each episode of each show?

16. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If I had a 1P for MSNBC from 7pm to 11pm I would check the guide on Sunday. Any show during the following week that had bad metadata, like OAD, I would select that program to record. In effect I would give it one check mark. Right now I see 1/2 of next week's shows have bad dates. I don't have a 1P for any of these show, but watch them in real time. Perhaps by Monday the dates will be corrected. This problem is not limited to MSNBC. Most news programs are bad. Late night is bad. Since the guide change we are babysitting the TDL. It sucks, and a new pretty UI doesn't fix it.

17. IraF

IraF Member

Jan 22, 2002
    I attempted to do just that very thing - from the guide, selected all those episodes that were going to be skipped (with "one check mark"). Maybe I screwed up and missed some, because it seems TiVo decided to skip them as duplicates despite my explicit selections.

I'll have to observe this more closely in the future. I have several upcoming single-checked 1P items, including Last Word 11/10 and 11/13; All In 11/13; and 11th Hour 11/13. Will keep an eye on this.

18. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    if i go through and correct the mistakes following a monday night connection, it generally records for the current week - unless rivo gets extra frisky that particular week, and decides to screw it up again.

19. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Yup.

20. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Even tonight's primetime is bad. Half the shows are 11/8. Though it would mean duplicates, I would make my 1P "new & repeats".

I have a 1P for a program that is set to "all". After each daily update I go through my TDL and delete those episodes that exist in My Shows. It's easier that I thought it would be and only takes a minute.