“Rewind has been disabled on the Bolt”

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Gerhard, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Gerhard

Gerhard Member

Sep 29, 2002
    So I called to opt out of the pre-roll ads, and I noticed recently that I can’t press the rewind button on the TiVo bolt and have it work... so I mention this to technical support while I was on the phone opting out of the pre-roll ads...

The guy tells me that rewind has been disabled on all TiVo bolts.

“They were having problems with it not working properly and so they disabled it on all bolts.”

Am I losing it or is that really true…

I suspect it’s time to get rid of all my TiVo’s and move on to something else.

I wonder how many TiVo customers are getting lost on a daily basis with some of the crap they’re doing?

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    That is crazy even for the wonderful CSRs we deal with now. No, rewind is not being disabled on all Bolts or any other DVR. It sounds to me like a bad button on the remote. Some on demand shows will have all trick play disabled but that is only for the specific show

Mikeguy likes this.
  3. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    If you have a smartphone just download the Tivo remote bc app and see if rewind works. Easy peasy.

ke3ju likes this.
  4. Gerhard

Gerhard Member

Sep 29, 2002
    It does it from every remote I have, so I don’t think it’s actually the TIvo remote

weird

Thanks for getting back to me so fast

5. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Reboot

6. lman

lman Member

Nov 14, 2006
    I had the same problem with the recent update and had to reboot to fix it. I've had to reboot twice to fix the rewind/fast forward problem.

7. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Littleton,...
    I have been noticing this too, specifically when your are recording a program and cancel the recording while still watching it. The Tivo will not let you rewind or pause. Need to figure out how to report this to them.

8. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    I've seen problems with rewind and fast-forward. I've also been having the problems where, when jumping around between tuners, the tuners pause when you switch to a different tuner.

Easiest fix is to play a recording. Any recording...just a few seconds will suffice. Then the three problems described above will be gone...until the next time.

Rebooting also works, it just takes longer.

9. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Just another of the many lies from TiVo NO-help Support to get the customer off the phone instead of helping him.