TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Anyone not able to get the 399 MSD?

22K views 95 replies 33 participants last post by  HenryFarpolo 
#1 ·
I tried calling TiVo because when I added the Roamio Pro to the cart with lifetime service it was coming up at 499. The TiVo rep said that both the TiVo boxes currently on my account have used the MSD in the past to get the lifetime service so I would be unable to use the MSD on a new Roamio. Anyone ever heard of this before? I hung up and said I needed to think about it...

#36 ·
I keep an old Series 2 Humax that I paid full lifetime on in 2005 ($299 at that time) and run it up before activating any new TiVo so I will get MSD pricing, if I sold that Series 2 the rest of my TiVos would not be qualify for MSD as you must have one TiVo that you paid full Lifetime on in your account.
Before this thread, I have never heard of such a requirement. If this is true, it really sucks.

Doesn't even make sense. If you have EVER paid full price on lifetime, then there should be a record of that and you should be eligible for discounts from that point forward. Even if you sell the original box on which you paid full price lifetime, that doesn't take away that you paid full price once.

I can't confirm or deny it, since I still have an ancient "Philips 20 Hour PTV Recorder" with lifetime showing on my account. But I sold or threw that box away many years ago. I can't remember exactly what happened. I think it went bad and was not worth repairing.

Only thing I can find on their site says "for a Product Lifetime subscription to qualify you for the multi-service discount, the TiVo DVR to which it is attached must have connected to the TiVo service within the last 180 days." It doesn't say it has to be the one you paid full price on the LifeTime service.

#38 ·
It does not work if you are buying a TiVo and the service plan at the same time. I'm thinking and hoping it works when you activate the TiVo that you bought somewhere else such as Weaknees.
That's how it worked when I bought my P4 from Yogi Comp. It did not work when trying to buy a DVR+Service on Tivo.com

#44 ·
damn...if i has known this wasn't every where i would have had my dad in TX buy it then send him the money...
It is a funny tax we have in CT as we have a 6.35% tax but only 1% tax on TiVo service, 6.35% on any hardware we purchase from TiVo directly. I have lived in this state for the last 30 years and never heard of this special 1% tax, nor have I ever paid it except to TiVo. I could be somewhere in my cable bill/or cell phone bill I guess.

#51 ·
email them now and get your TSN...i did that and it worked and someone else in this thread did it after they saw i did...you can purchase the service today...
Thanks I am planning to do that. Weaknees said my Roamio Pro is not in stock until Monday or Tuesday, and they will send the TSN with the shipping notice. I have my fingers crossed the code will still work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.