TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Replacement Premiere XL Missing Season Passes

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  WillH 
#1 ·
I had my Premiere XL replaced under warranty and I was told by the CSR that my Season Passes would remain intact and would be picked up by the new unit. Does anyone know if this happens automatically or is there something I need to do? I have had it operating since about 6PM EDT today. I logged into the web-based Season Pass Manager and it seems to show my current unit but there of course were no SP listings. I did have to change my privacy setting when I logged in and there was a note about it taking 24 hours to take effect but I am not sure that note had anything to do with my circumstance.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

#3 ·
you should be able to log into your tivo account on their website, manage my tivo's, and transfer your passes.

KC
Yeah, that is what I tried earlier but it appears to only show the replacement unit and that unit doesn't have any passes appearing. I see the buttons to transfer but with only the one unit showing up there is nothing to transfer from....Looks like Tivo already removed my old unit off the grid and it is still sitting here on my sofa.

......unless, my privacy setting was preventing it from appearing...........

#4 ·
Based on this post http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=457344 it looks like I got bad info from the CSR - looks like I am SOL. The CSR told me the season pass info was stored on their servers - looks to me like it is stored on the Tivo itself which is why you can transfer from one box to another. In my case, a total meltdown of my original unit, there is nothing to transfer from.

Oh well, I needed to go through and clean up those passes anyway but it sure would be nice to have something online to restore to any replacement box in the event of a major catastrophe like this. Not looking forward to re-creating all those golf and football season passes - just when I had them all working just right too.

#5 ·
Hi Will! I feel your pain...been there, had to deal with that. CSR from whom I purchased my two Premieres a couple of months ago told me several lies, some of which cost me money.

I cannot imagine a way to retrieve those SPs without being able to plug in the old Tivo because that is indeed where they are stored. Once you disconnect, they disappear from your Tivo account online too.

Hope you are able to retrieve all of them with a minimal amount of hassle. One thing that won't help now, but maybe next time, that I did was to pull up my SP pages and scheduled to record pages and took pictures of them from both of my old S2 Tivos, before disconnecting them. At least that way, not knowing how replacing them would go, I had a record of everything. It's a lot of hassle to start over the SPs, particularly due to the shows that are on hiatus. Unless there are reruns airing I don't know a way to schedule them until they are back on.

#6 ·
Hi Will! I feel your pain...been there, had to deal with that. CSR from whom I purchased my two Premieres a couple of months ago told me several lies, some of which cost me money.

I cannot imagine a way to retrieve those SPs without being able to plug in the old Tivo because that is indeed where they are stored. Once you disconnect, they disappear from your Tivo account online too.

Hope you are able to retrieve all of them with a minimal amount of hassle. One thing that won't help now, but maybe next time, that I did was to pull up my SP pages and scheduled to record pages and took pictures of them from both of my old S2 Tivos, before disconnecting them. At least that way, not knowing how replacing them would go, I had a record of everything. It's a lot of hassle to start over the SPs, particularly due to the shows that are on hiatus. Unless there are reruns airing I don't know a way to schedule them until they are back on.
Yeah, I called Tivo this morning and was told they are gone forever. Sure would be a nice feature to be able to save them somewhere. Another thing I have to do all over again, which is even more laborious, is to block all those channels that I don't receive or care not to receive.

BTW, I also learned today that if you buy an extended warranty, it will also be used up if your unit fails and is replaced within the period of 91 days to 365 days. I assumed it would be used up if the unit was actually replaced within the extended warranty period but I was told today that it goes away even if the replacement occurs in the 91-365 day period where the "limited" warranty applies. I don't like this at all and figure if it happens to me, I will raise a bit of cain because an extended warranty is protection beyond the original warranty - shouldn't go away because of a failure that occurs within the original limited warranty period. Yeah, I know, it is only $29.95 or $39.95 but they still should give you the warranty that you paid for. What the guy told me was that they wouldn't charge the usual $49.95 flat fee for an exchange/repair in that period so we save that but still have to turn around and pay another $29.95 or $39.95 for another extended warranty for the replacement unit again. I'm paying for all this on my AMEX card so that one way or another I will be covered. My first Tivo experience isn't sizing up too well. My original Premiere died within a month of getting it back in April 2010 and now the XL, which was an upgrade, died just outside of the 2nd year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.