TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Rob "Pilot" 1/12/2012

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  sieglinde 
#1 ·
I think it has potential, but I think it was still not all that great.

I would point to Rob Schneider as the reason. I don't think he is the kind of actor that could carry a show.

#6 ·
I live in California and lived in Oxnard which is 50% Latino. Some of the jokes were racist but then again you could tell they were supposed to be. Why is the lead so ignorant. Is he from the East Coast? George Lopez pulled this off a lot better.

#7 ·
I live in California and lived in Oxnard which is 50% Latino. Some of the jokes were racist but then again you could tell they were supposed to be. Why is the lead so ignorant. Is he from the East Coast? George Lopez pulled this off a lot better.
Why would the east coast make someone ignorant? NJ/NY has lots of different races/cultures.

#10 ·
#14 ·
I am hoping it won't be too full of crass jokes, such as the illegal immigrant one. Since majority of the cast is Latino, they might get away with it though.

The hot wife is a Spaniard which is why I had a bit of a difficult time with her Spanish.

Did anybody get the Selena joke? The grandmother is the one who killed Selena in the TV move in the nineties.

#22 ·
Just watched this. Mixed feelings.

There were parts that were actually funny. But too many parts that were stupid. The ethnic jokes were mixed; some funny, but some just had too much of a "Mexican joke from 30 years ago" feel to them.

* Rob Schneider is terrible. I know he created this, but they should have cast someone else for his character. I think if this show dies, it will be because of him.

* Too many plot points just too unrealistic. For example, she's a young, family oriented Hispanic. So she gets married to a twice as old white guy she's known for six weeks without telling her mama.:confused: Not a chance on earth. It makes it hard to stick with a pilot episode when they throw crap like that at us.

* Not only is RS not a good actor, he doesn't even make sense for her. If she's gonna fall for a white guy, he'll either be good-looking or rich (or both).

* Cheech is still funny.

Having said all that, there were moments and the SP survives.

#24 ·
Remember how Mike and Molly started with way too many fat jokes? Now just has one or two per episode and mainly focuses on the funny families etc. I am giving this a chance to make the Hispanic culture more of a situational humor rather than racist jokes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.