TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Family Guy -- Brian Writes a Bestseller 11-21-2010

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Bob_Newhart 
#1 ·
I love how Family Guy will take a joke, beat it to death until it's not funny anymore, and then keep going until it becomes funny again. They do that with the fights between Peter and the Chicken, when Peter falls down and makes that noise while grabbing his leg, and now with the segment of Brian on Real Time with Bill Maher.

Any other show would have Brian on for 5 seconds, show Bill Maher, possibly Arianna Huffington, and then move on. But Family Guy does an entire segment of the show. I couldn't believe how long it lasted. And I watch Real Time regularly, so it almost became like I wasn't even watching Family Guy. It was very authentic to the real show.

Seth MacFarlane is a regular guest on Real Time, so I'm sure it wasn't that hard to get them to shoot it. Plus, Arianna is a regular on The Cleveland Show (she plays the bear wife).

As to the rest of the episode? Meh.
\

#7 ·
I thought the Real Time segment was pretty funny. Especially the end when he pees and Maher chases him out with the newspaper.

My favorite line, though: "Hey, I said no gray M&Ms. These are all gray!"
You know, I heard that line and thought it was funny just because he was being a prima donna. Just now I snapped to the fact he's color blind so they're all gray. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.