TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Family Guy - "Brian and Stewie" 05/02/2010

6K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  mattack 
#1 ·
ugh. This was painful to watch. Not one laugh from me. In fact I ended up using the 30 second skip several times throughout - especially during the awful eating poop part. Not funny or clever one bit. It made me actually miss Meg.

Since I hate it when they have musical dumbers I skipped through all of the songs. Bring back American Dad!

#2 ·
Over on the main FG forum, the opinions seem to divide into "best episode ever" and "worst episode ever" (and this is not including the musical numbers).

The only real problem I had with the musical number part was, not only did they leave out the FCC number, but they teased it before saying they wouldn't show it. (I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show it because the FCC claimed they liked it.) Besides - the best FG musical number is the one Stewie and Brian did at the Emmys.

Well, that and they teased that there would be more than one new musical number, but one of the two "new" ones (the fat guys anthem) actually appears in one of the DVDs.

-- Don

#7 ·
Standards and Practice must have had a field day with this one.

Put me in the boring camp.
Stewie and Brian spend the whole episode locked in a vault and talk.

How could they have thought that this would be a good idea?

#9 ·
I wouldn't say it was the Best Episode Ever, but I think it's a long way from being the Worst Episode Ever. I always like it when shows play around with their usual structure a bit -- and in this case, that was happening in two directions (one would expect "Brian and Stewie trapped in a bank vault" would be used as a wraparound for a clip show, but it wasn't).

#14 ·
pretty much my thoughts verbatim. i also skipped the music number thing.

while i appreciated the effort to do something different, the dialog was just … boring. i didn't even care so much about the poop part. it was just a boring story.

i do like how the two bonded though … and stewie's realization that brian was his true friend. gave me a warm fuzzy!

#18 ·
He took the gun & ammo in separately, and loaded it once he had both there. That and he had forewarned the manager about his desire to store a firearm in the box.
How did he get the loaded gun into the vault? Probably the same way he talks and walks on two legs.:) Magic!

This was unsettling to watch. I suppose Seth didn't write it though, but he had to vet it.

The poop scene would have been funny if it lasted 30 seconds, not half the show.

And as far as the musical numbers, I was hoping for "Bird" and "Rock Lobster".

#25 ·
It seems like no one liked this episode. I actually thought it was ok, but I also think Brian and Stewie together is one of the best things about the show. Their banter is always funny, but I guess it wasn't "laugh out loud" funny like the show usually is.

Must have been the same folks who thought the Cleveland Show was a good idea.
Shudder. I made it though 10 minutes of the pilot and almost threw out my TV. How this show got a full second season pick up before it even aired is beyond me.

Pardon me for asking, but...how did Brian manage to get a loaded gun into a bank in the first place?
I hope this isn't a serious question... anyone who looks for real-world logic while watching ANY cartoon, especially this one, should watch something else. On the imdb board someone listed out all these bullett points of things like "they never explained HOW they got locked in the vault--doesn't that bank have a procedure to make sure that doesn't happen?" and "Stewie using his one phone call to talk to the store made no sense--why not call 911!"... lol... I'm pretty sure he was serious too.

I save my logic-wanting for shows like Lost and 24 (although the latter seems to have thrown it out all together). When I watch FG I don't analyze why things are happening or point out how things wouldn't happen that way in real life.

I didn't care for the musical bit either--I always FF Through those. I get they're catch and can appreciate what it must take to make them, but I seriously don't care. They did one a couple of months ago that I swear was a full five or six minutes. Meh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.