TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Possible to adjust picture quality settings

805 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  jbsmith_05 
#1 ·
Hello,
Is it possible to change the picture settings on the HD tivo as i was able to do with the tv (Samsung LN46A530)? Meaning the contrast, red/green/blue, etc levels?

Thanks

#4 ·
I'm not trying to be rude but I don't think you understand how your TV works. It has individual settings for each input. If you adjust it properly for say the PS3 on Video-2 it has no effect on the Cable Box on Video-1 or Channel 2 on the RF input. If you are using a receiver to switch video inputs then you will either need to live with the incorrect image or use the TV's individual inputs.

In other words - each device and input needs to be adjusted on its own. You could write down the settings you have on another input and use it as a starting point but your best bet is to upload a test image to the Tivo and go from there.

Most TV's do this today and its a good thing! Each video device has its own levels and if you tried to compromise the settings to suit all the inputs it wouldn't look very good on any of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.