TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

HDCP 2.2 Error Message.

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kraventh1 
#1 ·
Just got Tivo Edge for cable. . Had a Bolt Vox before. No issues with Bolt. Hooked up Edge, Had about 90 seconds of video, error HDCP 2.2 message with black screen. Ran directly to TV same issue. Called Tivo, told me bad HDMI port on Edge. Changed cables, rebooted, same issue. Anyone else have this issue. Ran Bolt for 2 years no problems.

#2 · (Edited)
Although I do not think I have every suggested that someone believe what TiVo NO-help support has told them, I guess this is the first: If your box is new (obviously), and TiVo said it has a broken piece of hardware, why don't you simply have them send you another one?

Even if they are wrong, like they usually are, you will probably get a spare remote and power brick out of it, and then you can still figure out the real issue without wondering if they box is bad.

#5 ·
It's an annoying issue, especially considering there is no HDCP for OTA, but I still get the error a couple of times a month. Have to disconnect and reconnect my HDMI, and then go thru the whole Device Detection Process that my Samsung Smart TV forces me to go thru. It really sucks.

#6 ·
For me, I don't think it can handshake correctly w/ my sony TV. It recommends 1080p. I can choose 4k resolutions and it will display at those resolutions, but as soon as I play 4k content, I get the protection error. My Tivo Bolt with the same setup never had this issue and I could stream 4k content just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.