TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

NEW 6-tuner TiVo BOLT VOX for cable

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  krkaufman 
#1 ·
NEW 6-tuner TiVo BOLT VOX for cable,
Although not sure how this is any different than a Bolt+ with a VOX Remote.
Automotive design Font Gadget Electric blue Personal luxury car

See less See more
#4 ·
NEW 6-tuner TiVo BOLT VOX for cable,
Although not sure how this is any different than a Bolt+ with a VOX Remote.
View attachment 37644
Only a 1 TB HD
Yeah, that graphic is quite misleading/confusing, since the real change is not "now with 6 tuners" but a 6-tuner model "now with just 1TB of storage" rather than 3TB. The new model is effectively the VOX version of the Roamio Plus ... 1TB, 6 tuners, CableCARD-only ... while the prior 3TB BOLT models have all been a Roamio Pro analogue.

#8 ·
So wait a minute they make a Tivo Bolt 6 tuner 1TB I thought I saw only a 4 tuner 1TB and 6 tuner 3TB? We currently have a Roamio 6 tuner 1TB but I am looking into maybe getting the bolt not sure yet but we are getting a 4K TV and a 4K Roku Ultra this weekend with a new soundbar. Tivo offered me a discount on the 6 tuner 3TB but I may be able to get buy with the 6 tuner 1TB if they make it. I'll go to tivos website again.

#9 ·
I thought I saw only a 4 tuner 1TB and 6 tuner 3TB?
That was before. The available options were switched with the release of this new model:
I guess the other change is that they've discontinued offering a 1TB OTA-or-CableCARD model, per the website (here):

View attachment 37647

If you already have a Roamio Plus, and are adding both a 4K TV and a 4K Roku, you may want to hold off on the BOLT upgrade. Your 4K needs would likely be met by the TV & Roku.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.