TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Summer Breeze Sale of a Lifetime. Save $450!

50K views 567 replies 143 participants last post by  pdhenry 
#1 · (Edited)
TiVo

For a limited time only, replace Product Lifetime Service on your current qualifying TiVo DVR with a new All-in-service plan for just $99 when you purchase a new TiVo BOLT VOX. A savings of $450!

Must use TSN from list below as promo code. [your unique TSN's that qualify]

Offer ends August 7, 2018. Supplies limited

*Qualifying customers: Owners of TiVo Series 2, TiVo Series 3, TiVo HD, TiVo HDXL and TiVo Premiere series DVRs with Product Lifetime Service who have connected to a TiVo service between July 25, 2017 and July 25, 2018. Your current box will be deactivated on September 7, 2018.

#408 ·
*Qualifying customers: Owners of TiVo Series 2, TiVo Series 3, TiVo HD, TiVo HDXL and TiVo Premiere series DVRs with Product Lifetime Service who have connected to a TiVo service between July 25, 2017 and July 25, 2018. Your current box will be deactivated on September 7, 2018.
This promotion is one of the most mind-boggling forms of faux customer appreciation that I could imagine. The fact that Tivo would deny a loyal customer from participating -- a customer who may have had their lifetime membership box not call home during a particular time frame, but yet the box is currently in use -- is a callous way to treat a loyal customer with multiple purchases over 15 years.

Will my current lifetime membership be cut off in September as well?

#411 ·
Sooooo, My TiVoHD is eligible for the promotion but I am not likely to use it for the promo at this time. The capacitors need replacement and even when done, I'll need a second cablecard. Not prepared to do that yet. If you have any interest in using my TSN for the promo, PM and maybe we can strike a deal.

#425 ·
That's what I did after missing the last offer for S2 and S3. They both sat for a long time, but I started having them connect about once a month and they both were eligible this time around.

TiVo was very clear about the one-year connection window in all their offers, so it should not be a surprise if people were following and waiting for a similar offer.

#426 ·
Doesn't hurt. Some old TiVo's have had a few issues getting past the update phase when left offline long enough (of course those have been older S2/S3 with versions prior to Rovi metadata). And in case they do offer a Roamio "One in a lifetime" sale, he's all set. :)

Scott
I haven't seen any issues. After using my S3 OLED for this offer, I pulled the 1 TB drive and replaced it with the original 250 GB drive. Even though it had been out since December 2007, it updated to the latest just fine. I also used an original Premiere drive to create a new drive after a failure, and the 2010 vintage software updated with no problems.

#428 ·
Interestingly, I did not receive the original email for this offer, but I received a reminder email yesterday with my TSN listed, which I had already used last Friday.

#438 · (Edited)
I put a Bolt VOX (black) 500GB is my cart at the beginning of the offer. It went OOS late last week and yesterday only the Non-VOX (white) 500GB was available.

I don't "need" another TiVo but one of my qualifying units is dead and hasn't called home since Sept 2017 so this would most likely be the last chance to use that unit for an upgrade offer.

Anyway, I thought about calling and see if they would give me a VOX remote if I ordered the non-VOX unit. I didn't feel like calling, so I just ordered what was in my cart.

Other people had reported that they ordered units they had in their cart before they went OOS but their orders were cancelled.

Well, I ordered the "OOS" VOX 500GB that was in my cart last night just before midnight EDT. Rec'd a "Your TiVo Order Has Shipped" email at 12:30 EDT this afternoon.

Anybody else order an OOS unit they had in their cart?

#442 · (Edited)
yep I got a 3 tb vox on it's way to me due on Fri-
same situation. Had an open tab with Vox in shopping cart several hours after stock was showing sold out and was able to check out Successfully.
I ended up with 2 vox's from this promo using just 1 TSN In 2 separate orders. I suspect since others were not able to do this, the reason it worked for me is because my 1st order I placed over the phone. I'll be able to retire a couple old Romeo's now. Hope I get a good price for them on craigslist. Originally I was gonna sell one of my 2 new vox's, but I think I'll just replace all my old Romeo's instead

#441 ·
Help an old member out: when asked to select your country hit the remote's Info button. I'm curious what software is being delivered these days. I see there's a post about running Guided Setup twice. That usually means an extra step to load Hydra.
Guided ran 3 times. First time it said no info available for my zip, I entered another neighboring zip code. Ran again. First and second time my software was 20.6.3.RC14-USC-11-849

Third try, running guided setup, I got Hydra 21.8.2.RC1-USC-11-849

Reactions: JoeKustra
#443 · (Edited)
Quote from the TIVO earnings call yesterday. This is from the Q & A portion with analysts. It does look like a new TIVO will be launched. The box will be made by a third party company and TIVO is getting out of the hardware business.

Rob Stone

Okay. And one last question, and I'll jump back in the queue. I don't think you said anything about it in the prepared remarks this time, but we're expecting, or are we still expecting, a third-party CE hardware partner to launch boxes later this year on which you would provide the TiVo software? And how should we think about the opportunity to grow the base of TiVo direct subscribers that you mentioned is around 1 million subs now.

Peter Halt

Yes. In terms of hardware, we did complete the deal. We talked about that on the prior quarter call. So in the second half of the year, the guides that will be distributed to consumers will be boxes provided through the third-party provider. The only hardware revenue that we'll be recognizing will be the sales through TiVo.com. We think this does a couple of things for us: One, it takes us out of an area that's not a core competency working with an OEM on manufactured boxes, reduces some costs, and also, hopefully, we can take advantage of their acumen in selling through in retail and see a benefit in terms of the number of consumer households we have.

#445 ·
Quote from the TIVO earnings call yesterday. This is from the Q & A portion with analysts. It does look like a new TIVO will be launched. ...
There isn't a single thing in that quote that indicates a new Bolt will be released. The new manufacturer is (at this point at least) only taking over production of the existing Bolt. That being said, I'm sure they are working on the follow-up design.

#444 ·
I upgraded to the 1TB Bolt VOX. JoeKustra sent me to this site so I can learn more.

There are many pluses to the new unit over the Premier unit; but the one thing I do not like is the handling of the new "grid" - very sloppy IMO compared to the old method.

The 4 tuners in the new unit are better than the 2 tuners in the old unit (OTA only); they pull in weaker signals better.

Twice the storage over the old unit.

Better picture.

Faster response.

#449 ·
The one downside of getting a new TiVo: having to re-pair the cablecard. I’ve been waiting on hold to talk to the Spectrum cablecard desk for a while now. They must be unusually busy.

BTW: the number that is supposed to go directly to the Spectrum CableCard desk doesn’t at the moment. You have to ask the person you get connected with to transfer you. Adds a few additional minutes of hold time.

#455 ·
I just ordered another last night:) My series 2 lifetimes only good for 1 tuner now that spectrum went full digital a month ago....so I figured what the heck, why not! :)

#456 ·
I can't believe I just ran across this thread now - hopefully, the promo will be open for another couple days! I bought a 4K tv yesterday and family member pressure may force me back from OTA to a cable subscription. This seems like the perfect opportunity to upgrade my Roamio OTA to a Bolt. Now I just need to dig my TivoHD out of the basement and hook it up so that it can connect to the Tivo service and qualify me for the deal. I just hope it still works (it's been in the basement for two years)!

#457 ·
Sorry, your TivoHD need to connect by last month to qualify.

*Qualifying customers: Owners of TiVo Series 2, TiVo Series 3, TiVo HD, TiVoHDXL and TiVo Premiere series DVRs with Product Lifetime Service who have connected to a TiVo service between July 25, 2017 and July 25, 2018. Your current box will be deactivated on September 7, 2018.

#460 ·
I thought the footnote said the box will be deactivated on September 7th? From that note, I got the impression that this is the "last chance" for older Tivos to transfer a lifetime subscription before they shut down the service for older devices and deactivate them. Like I said, I'll try anyway and hopefully there will be another promo.

#465 ·
My Roamio mindset fooled me to purchase the 1TB Bolt VOX thinking that it would have 6-cable tuners when I would need to spend $499 on the 3TB model.

Had I know, I would have purchased the 500GB model since I was going to upgrade the hard drive anyway.

Anyone know who Tivo would deal with my request for exchange to the 500gb model?

#466 ·
My Roamio mindset fooled me to purchase the 1TB Bolt VOX thinking that it would have 6-cable tuners when I would need to spend $499 on the 3TB model.
Considering how poorly the web site communicates the Bolt's specifications, I can see how easily the tuner information was missed. From what I can tell, the only place that a literal expression of the tuners in each model is this barely visible grey font in this graphic.

I wonder how Tivo hardware will be sold in the future.

And, will there be one more hardware purge?
Or will Rovi send the rest to a landfill?

Attachments

#468 · (Edited)
Has anybody returned or is anybody planning on returning a Tivo Bolt purchased via the Summer Breeze offer?

My understanding is that when requesting an RMA, the purchaser tells the TiVo rep the TSN of the old TiVo device that was used to obtain the $99 Lifetime Service transfer. As such, can the purchaser then be pretty confident that come 7 Sep, that old TiVo device will run no risk of being deactivated?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.