TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

July 9 2018 Elementary pre-empted due to Supreme Court nominee announcement

1K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  BrettStah 
#1 ·
An episode of Salvation was broadcast in its place.
Looked on Hulu and CBS All Access, but pre-empted episode not there.

#3 ·
wait, I'm confused -- this season's Elementary isn't on Hulu at all. (Which is a shame.. I haven't yet watched any of this season but probably would have started if they were on Hulu. I've just been letting them pile up on my Tivo so I would have skip mode, after having downloaded a couple to make space....before realizing it wasn't on Hulu).

#9 ·
It was preempted across the network. Which means it will be shown later, not on Hulu or all access. I’d expect it to be on next week. TiVo may not keep up properly.

Also, cbs has contracts with the local channels. Those probably preclude putting shows in all access immediately. Unlike hbo, which can put things up simultaneously, cbs only owns a handful of local channels and has to play nice with them.

#10 ·
There was a statement at the beginning of the episode that "all new shows" would resume next week. I assume that means they'll show this one then: Elementary generally needs to be watched in order for the longer arcs to make sense. I don't think they can just skip it.

#11 ·
They won't. Especially as the episode in question is primarily focused on the story arc, according to the description.

Can we all remain calm now?

ETA: My Fios TV app shows the episode as being on Monday July 16. Tivo has not updated yet. Need to keep an eye on that.

#12 ·
They've adjusted the episodes, so this week's shows for next week and next week's for the week following. They haven't adjusted the repeat flag yet, so TiVo now thinks next week's showing is a rerun. In recent years, they've been pretty good about fixing that in these situations. You might want to manually record that episode to be on the safe side; I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out.

#26 ·
I don't think you would have missed it. I just checked and my TiVo is scheduled to record it this week, using my normal "First Run Only" SP (I deleted the recording from Monday night, when it thought it was recording the episode).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.