TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Comcast Channel Lineup / TiVo Guide Help!

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  oatlord 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but here we go.

Comcast just recently changed all of their HD channel numbers in my area (maybe everywhere?).

On December 7th, the day of the change, my TiVo detected the changes and automatically notified me of the changes.

Today, all of a sudden, everything changes back. The channels are still on their new numbers, but my TiVo guide and recordings show the old numbers.

Why change correctly and then change back 3 days later? Is this on TiVo's end?

#2 ·
Same issue here in Nashville. Got the message that channels were changed to new lineup (i remember being notified by Comcast this would occur)... But nothing was mapped correctly... Old channels along with new channels, new channels had no logo... Guide data not populating. Then one day later gets changed back to original numbers and all was fine. Yesterday Comcast resends new lineup again and all is messed up. Guide data gone on remapped channels....(to be announced) All recordings are either not happening due to channel not existing or recording completely different shows than what's on the one pass, as guide data is wrong and channels have changed.

I feared this when Rovi took over...Tivo legacy would never have allowed this to happen. Rovi didn't care enough to follow through and communicate with Comcast about these changes and what we have now is the result... It's not like it's only affecting me... It's everyone on Comcast using a TiVo. Yet customer care appeared to have no idea about this when i contacted them. They have 6 days to fix it... I'll have lost about 13 shows.... that will never record unless this is rectified. Guided setup and network forced connections do nothing.

And Comcast will get what they always wanted and most likely knew would happen. I'll dump TiVo and my two minis and fork over a few more bucks to get their X1 box with their new companion boxes (tivo mini clones)...

#3 ·
I was pissed off at Comcast when we missed The Walking Dead because of the lineup issue. But it seems clear this is a TiVo problem. I've run guided setup several times last night and today - it's still f'ed.

We've been with TiVo for well over a decade (2004!). This is the last straw. We're done with BOTH TiVo and Comcast television. The savings will pay for the media server I'll build.

#4 ·
Calling support would be of no help at all, so I feel like we just have to wait on TiVo/Comcast, to push the right guide data again.

I too have lost shows over the last 48 hours because of incorrect guide data. It's frustrating. And I've been with TiVo since 2004 as well.

#6 ·
My experience was same as OP, on 12/7 channels changed and everything seemed magically synced between Comcast's changes & Tivo's channel updates.
Then all Heck broke loose on 12/10 & 12/11 when additional updates to updates undid all the magic and a complete mess was made of the lineup to the point it is now completely unusable.

#9 ·
I've had the same problem as everyone else and was given a bandaid by Tivo for the time being. I was told to repeat guided set-up, but instead of using my actual zip code and Comcast Nashville to use 37027 and select Comcast Winchester/Franklin as the cable provider. I haven't checked all the channels yet, but of the few random ones I have checked, it seems to be working properly and what is stated on the guide is the channel and show that is actually on that channel. Hope that helps for now!

#11 ·
Also posted the following on Tivo's troubleshooting forum TiVo Guide not updated for extensive Xfinity Nashville chann | TiVo Troubleshooting | TiVo Help Forums :

In the same boat here on Comcast Nashville. Here's a detailed account of what happened on my end. On 7th the channel lineup changed and I got an update to my TiVo that changed them as well and was correct. Then on December 9th I got a new update that added the old channels back in. Then on December 10th I got another new update that removed the new channels! Now, today December 12th, I got a fourth update that added the new channels back and removed most but not all of the old channels. And even though several stations were reported as "moved" the one passes that were scheduled on those stations have not changed to the new channels. So now my fear is even when they get the lineup corrected the one passes are still not going to be scheduled properly and I'm going to have to go through each of my one passes and change what channel they're scheduled to record on. And some of the shows that are not currently airing won't let me change the channel that they're scheduled to record on from one that no longer exists to the current correct Channel. This is exceedingly frustrating, especially considering that they had the correct line up the first time and then changed it for some reason.

A note to those of you with this problem: running guided setup is unlikely to help and probably a waste of time (unless you want to change your ZIP code as suggested above). The only thing you can really do is go to network settings and force a TiVo service connection to see if a new update to the lineup is available since your last connection

#13 · (Edited)
Also posted the following on Tivo's troubleshooting forum TiVo Guide not updated for extensive Xfinity Nashville chann | TiVo Troubleshooting | TiVo Help Forums :

In the same boat here on Comcast Nashville...
my 1p's did not all migrate properly with a smaller and smoother transition, some failed to see the new channel and defaulted to the sd feed. we also had daily channel additions/deletions for almost 2 weeks, many times the same channels added and removed over and over, it appearing to only change the channel id.

#12 ·
I have found TiVo generally does good job relocating programs after channels change.

I think I am going to stick with Winchester for a while until the dust settles on Nashville then I will go back through the tedious exercise of figuring out what channels I get.

I had just switched to cable and went through this a week ago, so just not in the mood right now. I have basically removed all channels other than a few favorites, making sure the todo list looks ok for now.

#14 ·
Update:. I have received an email from TiVo stating my lineup has been corrected... Forcing connection and long loading time in progress... I'll post my final result later.

As others have noted, it's been exactly two days since my lineup error report to TiVo, so that appears to be an accurate time for correction....

#16 ·
Update: As TargetYou states, lineup change for Nashville, TN is a success. All channels accounted for and working, guide data populated. HOWEVER, not sure if its laziness or just complete incompetence, but Rovi/Tivo asked me, the customer, to do their job for them and send them the Comcast lineup for Nashville when starting this, which we all know they have access to, as they provide the damn guide we pay for. In their infinite stupidity, they left all the old channels that clearly are NOT in the Comcast lineup in the channel map....leaving me to go thru the guide and see which ones were not active....thankfully I did this at the same time I was making sure all the channels were coming thru. But come on....you have the lineup....yet left the old channels in the list....

Just. Insane.

#17 · (Edited)
In their infinite stupidity, they left all the old channels that clearly are NOT in the Comcast lineup in the channel map....leaving me to go thru the guide and see which ones were not active.Just. Insane.
Hopefully not an opportunity to mess up again when they send a future delete channels update.

Channels still seem a bit of a mess. TiVo has many of the old channels registered when Comcast has nothing on the channel and Comcast has a mess of duplicate channels I am sure they will be cleaning up at some point.

#18 · (Edited)
This problem happened to me, which spawned my trying to contact tivo customer service, which failed. Do they have a direct email address I can use instead of their web form which says I don't exist no matter what I try?

Also, my channels are still kaput:(

EDIT: Had to use my desktop instead of mobile to get a support ticket opened. Several hours later they responded and fixed us up.

#19 ·
This problem happened to me, which spawned my trying to contact tivo customer service, which failed. Do they have a direct email address I can use instead of their web form which says I don't exist no matter what I try?

Also, my channels are still kaput:(
You can log into your TiVo.com account, but you can't submit a ticket under the Contact Us option with the same e-mail address? I think you'll need to call support if so.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.