TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Weekend guide updates (not).

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  mattack 
#1 · (Edited)
I decided to check the guide data today on my Roamio Pro and have data from 24Sep thru 4Oct (11 days). I ran a Tivo Service Connection to update the guide data at 10.20am EST. It completed OK but no new guide data beyond 4Oct. What gives? Do Rovi not update guide data at weekends, since today being a Sunday? I think I read in a different post (forget which sorry) that Rovi guide data doesn't update until their office are open on the west coast (I assume 9am PST). Thoughts anyone??

#2 ·
I decided to check my guide data today on my Roamio Pro and have data from 24Sep thru 4Oct (11 days). I ran a Tivo Service Connection to update the guide data at 10.20am EST. It completed OK but no new guide data beyond 4Oct. What gives? Do Rovi not update guide data at weekends, since today being a Sunday? I think I read in a different post (forget which sorry) that Rovi guide data doesn't update until their office are open on the west coast (I assume 9am PST). Thoughts anyone??
Plenty: Daily Guide Updates

You might want to skip to the last page or two.

#4 ·
Guide updates stopped after Thursday. The new normal pattern is Thursday's update fills out data for the next week except late night and most news channels. Those get done on Friday, with ABC and a few others on Saturday. Also, you get a different picture when viewing the guide from a streaming device or from TiVo Online. Way back when Rovi bought Gemstar, TVGOS would always extend the guide date, but not always the data. On an actual TiVo unit it is rare to see TBA. On a notepad, iPhone, or TiVo Online not so much.

Daily (including weekend) updates are normal. But failures are becoming more frequent. If weekend updates were discontinued, that would be good for another thread.

I have a Premiere that I use for storage. I plug it in every Saturday morning. It takes a while, but it always matches up with the guide data on my Roamio units. This Saturday that match took it to 10/4, just like my Roamio.

#6 ·
I rarely get updates between friday night/saturday & monday night, even before rivo, and have never considered it a big deal. when i do get updates over the weekend, that's the surprise. :)

#9 ·
My box finally completed an auto guide update at 2.39pm EST, and now the guide is good thru 8Oct 3pm EST. This has been interesting. Thanks to all who commented. Clearly no guide data updates are available at weekends which answers my question.

#12 ·
@mattack I was not complaining about lack of guide data, merely questioning "how" it works and crafted my post as an enquiry. I suppose there are some types who want to complain now and again, but occasionally the forum is used as an information guide in addition to reporting problems. Case closed for me now that my understanding has been resolved and reported to others who enjoy using the forum.

#14 ·
I don't care about having 2 weeks of data, but I do wish the updates were more frequent. The MLB playoffs start tonight, and I still don't have a single game listed in any of my guide data. I've had to Google around to find game times and channels so I could create manual recordings. This is far from ideal.

#15 ·
I just checked TBS. There is a big blank tomorrow from 8pm to 11:30pm. I mean blank. But it's a "new" blank. On one side is a pregame show, on the other side is a postgame show. It's stupid.

But I did get a guide extension on Saturday and Sunday. Crap for data, but I now have more of it.

#18 ·
Good point. Right now next week (10/9) is full, but not much use. TiVo is still playing with the schedule, making the boiler plate more up to date. I guess they figure people won't notice that the content is missing. It made the TiVo servers unhappy when I did a Search on MLB. They gave me a BSC and kicked me back. But, to be fair, zap2it (Nielsen) also can't find anything except the pre and post game shows.
Same here; TNF was also missing. And I had to send two manual updates in the last hour because the system clock was 90 seconds off (yes, I use SPS99S); TiVo outside of my atomic clocks is my most dependable screened timepiece, but not lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.