TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

20.7.2 has arrived!

106K views 1K replies 195 participants last post by  JoeKustra 
#1 ·
Earlier discussion here.

Any questions?

#185 ·
I'll need to fire up my PC with kmttg, pyTiVo, etc. tonight and make sure I am still seeing my video, music, and Photo folders.

#290 ·
I agree. When I 1st saw the new format, I thought my TiVo had given up the ghost and fallen back to some basic bootstrap software. (black & white is pretty basic ;) But I can easily live with the changes if the bugs were all fixed. (CC, music & photos, spontaneous reboots...... )

#200 ·
With 20.7.2 installed, I noticed that the software for the built in TiVo Stream in the Bolt also got updated to 20.7.2. The Stream in the Roamio Plus/Pro stayed at 20.6.3.

Has anyone noticed any difference with streaming performance on Bolts updated to 20.7.2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#202 ·
My mini updated this morning all on 20.7.2 now. Btw, i figured out what was going on with the record light. Apparently the update reset some of my setting and turned on suggestions and that was what was recording. Thanks for driving me mad for a few days Rovi!

#203 ·
I tried primaryforce's suggestion of bypassing the sata to esata and esata to esata cable to the enclosure and run a straight sata cable directly to the drive and it booted. It showed the update splash screen and then the home page.

Unfortunately, it is not seeing the recordings or the 1 passes that were on the 4TB Seagate to begin with. My only regret is not having tried the direct sata cable approach Thursday night.

#212 ·
I tried primaryforce's suggestion of bypassing the sata to esata and esata to esata cable to the enclosure and run a straight sata cable directly to the drive and it booted. It showed the update splash screen and then the home page.

Unfortunately, it is not seeing the recordings or the 1 passes that were on the 4TB Seagate to begin with. My only regret is not having tried the direct sata cable approach Thursday night.
Update: I did the Clear Program Information and To Do List. After the box restarted, two things happened. The 7 passes I put on the factory drive disappears and my correct list of 31 passes on the Seagate have reappeared, all with (updating) after the name. Also, 192 previously deleted programs going back 3-5 months appeared. However, none of those are the recordings that should be in My Shows have reappeared.

Unfortunately, the My Shows recordings haven't returned. I have to believe that the recordings are there, but possibly no longer indexed or something similar. It can see deleted shows from 5 months ago, it should be able somehow to see the current recordings...

#216 ·
Do the streaming apps seem to be working better for everyone? I regularly use Netflix and MLB.tv. On the previous build i would constantly get where the screen would go black on MLB.tv causing me to have to restart the app. On Netflix it would hang on loading an episode. I haven't experienced either since the update.

#278 ·
My Bolt got the upgrade and is stuck at almost there screen. Following the unplug, wait, reboot procedure on TiVo.com with no changes. Looks like I have to call support tomorrow. My other Tivos & Minis got the update without issue. Just the Bolt has issues. /sigh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.