TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Friends from College (All episodes streaming on Netflix 7/14/17) -Spoilers for all eps

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  gweempose 
#1 ·
So - anyone else watching?

I was so excited for this series-and Netflix promoted the heck out of it-there were billboards all over town!

And MAN, was I disappointed!

I mean, with this cast, especially Keegan-Michael Key and Cobie Smulders, not to mention Fred Savage, who was sooooooooooooooooo good in the late, great "Grinder" - how could it go wrong?

Well-it was about self-absorbed people who were unhappy and who kept making unbelievably bad decisions!

And STUPID decisions-I mean, how did these people get into Harvard in the first place???

I did watch all 8 eps hoping it would get better, but for me, it didn't. SUPER disappointed.

The best performance BY FAR was from Billy Eichner, who gave a nuanced, understated performance that was a far cry from his usual histrionics. MORE BILLY!

Anyone else?

See less See more
#3 ·
I was mildly interested because of the cast, but now I won't waste my time. Your impression was similar to those I've read in reviews. I value your impression much more than reviewers who look for other things than the average viewer.

#9 ·
It was ok, not the worst I have ever seen. Fred Savage is very annoying.
I am happy this made me a fan of K-M K.
He is good.
That's funny, I had almost the exact opposite thought. I really liked most of Fred Savage's performance and really missed seeing him on TV. While I like KMK, I really, really disliked "the voice" when he used it. They both overacted a bit, but for whatever reason it bothered me less when Fred Savage did than when KMK did.

#12 ·
The official Friends logo was stylized like that - they aren't periods, they are dots near the vertical mid-point of the letters. Not sure if there is an official term for that or not.

I loved Friends and haven't gotten past episode 3 of this show. I didn't take the video negatively at all. I thought it was cut and edited very professionally. It's better than the show itself! :)

EDIT: Or are you referring to the title of the YouTube video with the periods?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.