TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Walking Dead S07E08 "Hearts Still Beating" 12/11/16

4K views 83 replies 35 participants last post by  Philosofy 
#1 · (Edited)
Not too bad. First part was very disjointed with all the jumping around but it was worth it for the ending (though I thought Father whatshisname should have been there). It was a good point to end at. The Carol storyline was annoying though and I didn't understand why Michone killed that woman without much thought or trying to get info from her.

I was convinced Spencer was going to get the bat, but I was almost right. Then for a moment I thought Eugene was going to get it.

I think that "you didn't win" thing is going to come back to haunt someone.

Hopefully their attempts to fight The Saviors, will make for a decent second half.

#2 ·
Ooops, there was a post credits scene. Spoilered only because someone might prefer to watch it.

Quiet night in Alexandria and the mysterious boots from earlier are shown watching with binoculars then walking away.

#64 ·
The last part was the best part. Again, no need for 90min.
I like the 90 minute shows. It lets the story unfold a bit slower and more detailed (even in a slow season).

I was a bit shocked when Michonne apparently killed the woman in the SUV. Probably would have missed it if I hadn't had CC on, which said there was a silenced gunshot, right before the SUV did a uey.
I think the woman made it clear that Michonne had no choice. If Michonne stormed the compound, she would be dead/tortured immediately and would have accomplished nothing. If she lets the woman go, she'll report to Negan that Michonne knows their location, and Michonne will need to die.

#7 ·
I was convinced Spencer was going to get the bat, but I was almost right. Then for a moment I thought Eugene was going to get it.
Eugene has skills so hopefully Negan will keep him around to work for him.

This was a good episode. I was really tired of the Sadistic Saviors episodes and was happy to see Rick et al back together.

Shaking my head at Spenser.

#9 ·
It looked to me like it was the person whose houseboat they found. Anyway I'm sure that's what we're supposed to think.

I wonder if anyone has a decent screen capture of the Saviours camp as Michonne saw it. I couldn't see it clearly.

#15 ·
The boots person was shown when Rick and Aaron had beached the houseboat and had just finished loading their haul on the box truck (about 19 minutes in on my recording). Since it was on the water I was wondering if they were near the community that Tara found. Failing that, I was wondering if the weapons stash was left there as bait due to the "Congrats for winning, but you still lose" sign.

#11 ·
Liked the Episode.
Loved the reunion at the end.
Really happy about the previews where Jesus says
It is time to introduce you to the Kingdom

Really tired of hermit Carol. She has been my favorite character for years but this season? Meh. I want old Carol back.

#14 ·
So Rick & Company take out a Savior outpost and kill dozens of people.

Negan kills 2 of their crew. (brutally but still only 2)

Rick & Company are now forced to work for them and since then have killed 4 more of his men. (Carol, Michone, Daryl) and shot directly at Negan. In return the Saviors at this point have only killed 2 more of Rick & Company.

Honestly I think the Saviors are holding back quite a lot. :)

I assume the 2nd half will be Rick trying to fight the Saviors. I would think that the need to abandon the town and go into the woods and make strategic attacks left and right. Slowly dwindle down the saviors RED DAWN style.

#24 ·
Frustrating episode again. So many chances to kill Negan and they just don't want to do it (except for Rosita).

As soon as Spencer started getting "dolled up" to go see Negan, I said to my wife, "He's just like Ellis from Die Hard. He's gonna walk over and tell Hans Gruber that he can help him. And Gruber's going to kill him."

Sure enough.

I also liked how those walkers all seemed to be pretty good swimmers.

#26 ·
As soon as Spencer started getting "dolled up" to go see Negan, I said to my wife, "He's just like Ellis from Die Hard. He's gonna walk over and tell Hans Gruber that he can help him. And Gruber's going to kill him."
I hope your wife didn't mind you spoiling it for her. I hate it when people do that! Even if I'm already thinking the same thing, I prefer to keep it to myself and I prefer others do the same.

#25 ·
Rick's line, a few minutes in, "[We can] probably make it to the canoe. Probably," reminded me of Newt in Aliens. "They mostly come out at night, mostly." Not sure why.

I don't think Boots (the guy watching Aaron and Rick plunder the houseboot, and then watching Father Gabriel through binocs in the last scene) is the owner of the boat. I think the owner was the corpse that Aaron and Rick collapsed on when the finally got to the boat. Probably suicided, IMO, after running out of ammo, and that's why it was an actual corpse and not a walker.

I thought Aaron was a goner in the lake. It would have been a somewhat surprising death. I am glad to see whiny, conniving, gutless(!) Spencer go. That was the goriest kill of the series that I can remember. Although the bloated corpse in the well was gross too, that was a walker, not a person. I was cringing thinking that Rosita's face was going to get cut up. Or ironed. Olivia's death was a bit of a surprise, coming out of nowhere as it did.

I was a bit shocked when Michonne apparently killed the woman in the SUV. Probably would have missed it if I hadn't had CC on, which said there was a silenced gunshot, right before the SUV did a uey.

Looking forward to the rest of this season and the war against Negan.

#37 ·
Personally - I absolutely HATE when speculation turns out to be right. I do consider it a spoiler. So, your wife is right - you totally ruined the crying game.

Speaking of speculation - that boots person - I think it is a woman/girl/female.
Didn't they do the same thing with Morgan a couple seasons back?

#39 ·
Personally - I absolutely HATE when speculation turns out to be right. I do consider it a spoiler. So, your wife is right - you totally ruined the crying game.
But I wasn't even speculating...I saw a man dressed as a woman and simply asked what was going on...I had no idea it was a secret in the movie!

(and, yes, this is our "We were on a break!" argument) :D

left unsaid is that Carl suffered zero consequences for attempting to kill Negan. Same for Rosita. Does that make any sense to anybody?

#43 ·
the mysterious boots have to be someone "we know" - if it was a new character the directors/writers would just show us their faces...I am hoping its Shane or the Governor reincarnated ... or maybe Merle Dixon
Or, it could be a new character who hadn't been cast yet when the episode was shot.

That was how they introduced Michonne. They had a quick shot of her without showing her face in the final episode of Season 2 because they hadn't yet cast Danai Gurira to play the role. Gurira debuted in the first episode of Season 3.

One thing that stood out to me in the shot of the boot is that it appears to be a few sizes too big for the person wearing it.

This makes me think that the person in the boots is probably a woman.

#45 ·
Frustrating episode again. So many chances to kill Negan and they just don't want to do it (except for Rosita).
There was little excuse for Carl last week missing his opportunity since he went to kill Negan. Remember though that the Alexandria group has no guns, just Rosita and her one bullet. Their town is full of enemies with guns who seem loyal to Negan and probably would massacre the entire town if it happened. Look what they did to Aaron just for fun.

It's easy to say they missed their opportunity, but I would think if any of us were in that situation that we would be sitting on our hands also and not rocking the boat and possibly sacrificing ourselves and others.

#47 ·
Remember though that the Alexandria group has no guns, just Rosita and her one bullet. Their town is full of enemies with guns who seem loyal to Negan and probably would massacre the entire town if it happened. Look what they did to Aaron just for fun.

It's easy to say they missed their opportunity, but I would think if any of us were in that situation that we would be sitting on our hands also and not rocking the boat and possibly sacrificing ourselves and others.
Exactly. Simply killing Negan won't solve their problem. In fact, it would make it worse. For now, he is the only person keeping his people in line. Father Gabriel alluded to this in his talk with Rosita. Negan needs to be taken out, but there must be a solid plan in place first.

#46 ·
It's surprising no one there thought of a scene from Schindler's List... As soon as the lady on the porch was killed, the obvious answer to the question of who made the bullet is her. Eugene or Rosita should have thought of that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.