TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Hawaii Five-O

8K views 54 replies 32 participants last post by  Gerryex 
#1 ·
My wife and I wonder why Steve McGarret occasionally wears his white Navy uniform. We assume he is retired from the Navy so why still wear the uniform? Also, his girlfriend never wears her uniform now that she is retired.

Anyone know?

#52 ·
Ok.... I see where I got confused. I knew Chin was related by marriage to Gabriel, and that his issues with Gabriel went back a long time. What I didn't realize was that the woman Chin married fairly recently who eventually dies was the same woman Chin was involved with a long time ago. I thought it was a different woman back then that he had been married to, but it was the same woman and back then they never got past the dating stage.
You mean the one he was married to when they crashed on that island?

;)

#54 ·
I never watched that show, but I get the reference. :)

To me, Chin will always be Lt. John Matheson, and I always wonder why he doesn't just read suspects' minds during interrogations. ;)
I still think of him as Agent Tom Baker from "24" -
possibly the only one of Jack's sidekicks who didn't get killed, other than Chloe

#55 ·
To me, Chin will always be Lt. John Matheson, and I always wonder why he doesn't just read suspects' minds during interrogations. ;)
I wasn't sure of the character's name but I assumed this was a character from the Babylon 5 spinoff Crusade (which I looked up and it was!) which was the first time I saw Daniel Dae Kim as an actor. I was a VERY BIG fan of Babylon 5 and also liked the spinoffs and made-for-TV movies.

One of the reasons I continue to watch 5-0 is for the beautiful locations and some of the actors including Kim and of course Lt Boomer!!!

But sometimes they do something that is so stupid I ask myself why I'm watching. The absolute dumbest thing I remember is the 5-0 team discovers that there is a bomb planted in the HPD headquarters. So they get into their cars and race across the island and when they get there they start yelling to all the police that there's a bomb and to evacuate the building. BUT . . . why didn't they just CALL THEM ON THE PHONE and warn them way earlier than it took to drive across the island. A close second dumb thing is when they go into a suspected bad location and there's only one or two of them and NO BACKUP!!!

I'll still stick with it but its more fill in watching that must see TV!

Gerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.