TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Bolt TV Commercial

6K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  HarperVision 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone else see the new Bolt commercial during the Bengals vs Browns game tonight?

Pretty funny, I must say! Especially the kid's nutshot on his dad! :p :D

#9 ·
I keep thinking they should be doing magazine ads in publications where TV shows and related content available to cable and streaming.

I don't mind commercials when they are funny. Agree on the irony, but I suppose that's the perfect time to talk about skipping commercials when you are watching one. But if tivo keeps making funny commercials then no one will want to skip them. Perhaps they should take a different approach and put out a completely boring, hard to sit through commercial with a banner that says don't you wish you could skip this.

#10 ·
I keep thinking they should be doing magazine ads in publications where TV shows and related content available to cable and streaming. I don't mind commercials when they are funny. Agree on the irony, but I suppose that's the perfect time to talk about skipping commercials when you are watching one. But if tivo keeps making funny commercials then no one will want to skip them. Perhaps they should take a different approach and put out a completely boring, hard to sit through commercial with a banner that says don't you wish you could skip this.
OMG, that's genius!!! You should be in marketing. That would drive the point home very well. Like some of those Geico commercials like the one with the polar explorers and then Dora the Explorer pops in at the end totally surprising you and twisting what you thought the commercial was about.

#12 ·
Or maybe just an ad that mentions you'd never have to watch another Fan Duel or Draft Kings commercial :).
That would be an instant purchase for me, except they don't do commercial skip on sports, right? If they could just turn the screen blank and play elevator music during those (which aren't even legal in my state), and maybe DirecTV ads, I'd take that also.

#14 ·
Did they just have an orgasm? These commercials are terrible, IMO.
So pretty much like 99% of the commercials out there? WHich is why I skip or scan over commercials.

#18 ·
Wow they're really going all out and pushing this Bolt. I see Thursday Night Football is sponsored by the "Unified Entertainment System, the all new TiVo Bolt".

I'm also hearing tons of radio commercials and my sports talk shows on my CBS Radio app being sponsored by TiVo Bolt.

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
Going all out. I'm impressed! :up:
They should've thrown the money down for an "entire"* commercial break, started the commercial break with... "this commercial break brought to you by the new TiVo BOLT, with SkipMode commercial skip feature..." ... started the first second or three of some generic-looking commercial ... and then BLOOP!, simulate the SkiipMode commercial skip, and jump right back to programming. (Would've only worked during half-time, of course.)

* It wouldn't need to be an entire commercial break, of course. Just a special 30-second (or less) block with no other commercials.

p.p.s. .... optionally returning back to the half-time talking heads before they're ready to resume, causing them to scramble back to their seats. (all faked, of course)

#26 ·
Wow they're really going all out and pushing this Bolt. I see Thursday Night Football is sponsored by the "Unified Entertainment System, the all new TiVo Bolt".

I'm also hearing tons of radio commercials and my sports talk shows on my CBS Radio app being sponsored by TiVo Bolt.
No one even knows why they should want a tivo given the current alternatives so a 30 or 60 second spot will have little to no impact.

The only people who might perk up are current tivo owners but tivo can economically already message them because they own the list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.