TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-21-2005, 12:37 PM   #31
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrown2195
Hey all,
I've tried every remote address (0-9) with my Zenith TV, and it has not completely solved the problem. Some addresses are better than others, but it'll still randomly switch inputs, and now, it'll even sometimes set the sleep timer.

Any ideas?
Are you using another remote other then the peanut, say universal after you switch addresses? See its address "0" that is conflicting with the zenith. Universals & oem remotes only have a codes for address "0".
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:37 PM   #32
jlb
NCC-1701-D

Can you use a universal/Pronto in this manner:

Use the peanuts and set them to their new addresses.

Then, can you manually teach the Pronto the specific codes?

This would be great if you could do this.....however, how would you handle jump codes like [TC]+[#] to jump to a specific menu............er....I get it....assuming it does work like I hope, I guess I would just have to reassign any macros once all of the individual buttons were taught.....then I would just recreate the macros and assign the codes after the individuals have been taught....

Does this work?
Old 09-25-2005, 07:36 AM   #33
WO312

Well, it works on my MX-700. I've taught it codes from 6 different Tivos. I haven't tried jump codes, though- sounds like a good idea. Should be able to just do a macro and assign it to a button.
WO312 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:07 PM   #34
jlb
NCC-1701-D

I have "solved" my "problem" with the Pronto. It is actually no problem. I copied the Device in Pronto Edit, and renamed the copy to TiVO2. The CCF I use for TiVO has all codes on a hidden page, with each other button just aliasing accordingly. This will work great as I will only have to have one page open in ProntoEdit to learn the codes for each TiVO.

The jumps will work fine.

Now I just need to wait for my Dockers TiVO to arrive in the mail......
Old 01-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #35
TylerDurden

I am having problems with the remote for my Pioneer DVR-220 controlling my Tivo Series 2 standalone. Someone pointed me in the direction of reprogramming the remote and the dvd recorder's address. But I caould not get the red light to come on at all using those instructions. Can someone point me to another instructional?

Thank you.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:11 AM   #36
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
I am having problems with the remote for my Pioneer DVR-220 controlling my Tivo Series 2 standalone. Someone pointed me in the direction of reprogramming the remote and the dvd recorder's address. But I caould not get the red light to come on at all using those instructions. Can someone point me to another instructional?

Thank you.
This thread is for changing the remote address on the tivo, which will have no effect on your problem, since the pioneer dvdr default code acts like tivo remote "0", meaning it will control your tivo no matter what address your tivo is set to. The remedy for you is to change the remote address of the DVDR, see this post.

Last edited by Edmund : 07-31-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #37
TylerDurden

Thank you.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #38
Edmund
Remote Czar

Thank you, you posts helped this thread from being archived.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #39
linkgirl

Thumbs up

Thanks Edmund - I just donated my series 2 to my little brother who has a Zenith TV and this was driving me crazy!!
linkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #40
gsparlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrown2195
Hey all,
I've tried every remote address (0-9) with my Zenith TV, and it has not completely solved the problem. Some addresses are better than others, but it'll still randomly switch inputs, and now, it'll even sometimes set the sleep timer.

Any ideas?
I'm having the same problem as well. I found out about the remote address changing several months ago here, and it definitely improved the problem, but it never went away and now seems to be getting worse. I've tried all the addresses multiple times, and still around every 25 or so button presses I get a sleep timer, input change, menu screen, channel change, etc. - I guess each of these functions is tied to a specific button, but I haven't noticed the pattern yet. Anyway, are there any other ideas out there? If not, would buying a universal remote alleviate the problem?
gsparlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #41
1 for the gip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsparlier
I'm having the same problem as well. I found out about the remote address changing several months ago here, and it definitely improved the problem, but it never went away and now seems to be getting worse. I've tried all the addresses multiple times, and still around every 25 or so button presses I get a sleep timer, input change, menu screen, channel change, etc. - I guess each of these functions is tied to a specific button, but I haven't noticed the pattern yet. Anyway, are there any other ideas out there? If not, would buying a universal remote alleviate the problem?

OK, so there are at least a few of us with the same problem. My Dad's Zenith does very odd things when using the Tivo remote ... sleep timer, changing to video input, changing tv channels, muting, turning on closed captioning, etc,etc.

These things are completely random, too. You can press the fast forward button 35 times in a row and the 36th time will produce craziness. This is a fairly significant problem as I have preached on how great Tivo is and now he is pretty unhappy.

I have changed the remote codes to all possibilities and the problems never go away completely. Anyone know another trick? What is Tivo doing to fix this problem?

Thanks
1 for the gip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #42
Edmund
Remote Czar

This is all on zenith here, zenith tv codes has caused conflicts with all kinds of gear for over 20 YEARS.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:07 AM   #43
Rugged
TIVO Maniac

Another quick question---will this work if I want to switch peanut remotes between two D*TIVOs?

I have decomissioned one of my tivos but that remote is in far better condition and I would like to use it with the box that is still in use.
Rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #44
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged
Another quick question---will this work if I want to switch peanut remotes between two D*TIVOs?

I have decomissioned one of my tivos but that remote is in far better condition and I would like to use it with the box that is still in use.
Yes, set a peanut remote to address"0", it will work with any peanut controlled tivos no matter what address it is set to.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #45
pinot2me

Hello -

We too have/had this problem with our Zenith TV. Fixed it over a year ago using this method. Recently it has gradually worsened to the point of switiching to video with almost every button push. However, our original remote died (a very sad situation, as the white universal replacement is not nearly is easy to use) and there is no red light or DirectTV button on the new one. Are we SOL?
pinot2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #46
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinot2me
Hello -

We too have/had this problem with our Zenith TV. Fixed it over a year ago using this method. Recently it has gradually worsened to the point of switiching to video with almost every button push. However, our original remote died (a very sad situation, as the white universal replacement is not nearly is easy to use) and there is no red light or DirectTV button on the new one. Are we SOL?
As far as the white remote is concerned, yes. You need a remote with alternate tivo remote addreses, like the one-for-all urc-6820, 8820, 10820, or 6690. Each has preset codes for tivo addresses 1-4.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #47
Crunchslayr

Ok, this is only my second post in these forums. I'm mostly a reader...However, after hacking my first DTivo with the Zipper and seeing how cool it was, and then buying a second DTivo and doing the same with it, I just have to say THANK YOU all for everything you've done for the Tivo community. The reason I'm posting this here is because I just went home at lunch and did the remote thing so that I can have both Tivo's in the same room...And of course IT WORKED!!! You all are AWESOME!!!
Crunchslayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #48
rrwcm

LC260558 Sylvania HD & HD Tivo Remote Codes

I'm looking for the Power code for my Sylvania TV. I've tried all that were listed and have searched the web but cannot find the proper code. If I can get this code then I can use only one remote - the Tivo Peanut.

Suggestions?
rrwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #49
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Have you tried the code search function of the remote for the power code?

Otherwise, I see a universal remote in your future.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #50
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrwcm View Post
I'm looking for the Power code for my Sylvania TV. I've tried all that were listed and have searched the web but cannot find the proper code. If I can get this code then I can use only one remote - the Tivo Peanut.

Suggestions?
Sorry but you are out of luck, no preprogramed remote universal or oem remote has a code for the model sylvania.

Harmony are not preprogrammed remotes, if I hear it gives access to the commands, so what it has nothing to do with remotes that are stuck with codes in its ROM, like the standard peanut.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #51
vfrjim

I am having a problem, I am planning on moving both of my TivoHD units to one room and tried all remote codes and on the info screen it shows the correct remote code but my original remote with DVR 1 still operates it no matter what code I change the Tivo to. Any idea what is wrong? I called Tivo and they basically hung up on me. HELP.
vfrjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #52
bedelman
Call me Bob

One thing that the directions don't really mention is that when the TiVo is on the System Information screen, it will take on the remote address of any TiVo remote signal it sees. This can cause trouble when a person leaves the TiVo on the System Information screen when they're done, and switches to the other remote to go change the other TiVo.

Also if the remote is on remote address 0 (zero), it will control any TiVo regardless of what address it is set to be. Your original remote may still be set to have a remote address of 0 (zero)

You can never have too many TiVo's (7) or wireless routers (5) -- all in one residence!
bedelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #53
vfrjim

Thanks, did not know that a Zero remote had to be changed but also had to change to 5 due to 1 and 2 would not work for me, now 1 and 5 work fine.

Thanks again.
vfrjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #54
jazacher

Help please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpence View Post
Have you tried the code search function of the remote for the power code?

Otherwise, I see a universal remote in your future.
I am brand new to the tivo stuff so this is very frustrating. I have the standard Directv rc 16 white remote.
I was given a RCA DVR39. I called and have been searching the net for the code to get the remote to work with the tivo box but no such luck. I have all the codes Directv gave me, 00639,00855,01392,00566,00143 and the one I found online, 01442 none seem to work. I've programmed this remote with other equipment so I don't think its me. Codes, thoughts? If this is a no win, what remote CAN I buy that will work with this tivo box under $20? The peanut I found was $45. I will also be putting in a Olevia tv... any forseeable issues? Thanks
jazacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #55
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazacher View Post
I am brand new to the tivo stuff so this is very frustrating. I have the standard Directv rc 16 white remote.
I was given a RCA DVR39. I called and have been searching the net for the code to get the remote to work with the tivo box but no such luck. I have all the codes Directv gave me, 00639,00855,01392,00566,00143 and the one I found online, 01442 none seem to work. I've programmed this remote with other equipment so I don't think its me. Codes, thoughts? If this is a no win, what remote CAN I buy that will work with this tivo box under $20? The peanut I found was $45. I will also be putting in a Olevia tv... any forseeable issues? Thanks
As for the rc16 controlling the tivo, it will only control it partially using code 20618 on either AV1 or AV2 device. The only sat code the rc16 will accept on the directv device is 00001-00004. Which only work on D10 and subsequent Directv branded receivers.

It will only control it partially because certain keys like Guide are locked to directv device on the rc16 remote.

No tivo remote has preset code for the current line of olevia models. Do you want a remote with preset code for olevia tv's and controls the tivo for under $20? Go to radio shack get the 15-133 or 15-135 universal remotes, $20 each. The olevia code is TV 11610, the tivo are 01442 & 01142. They also have the 15-134, $32 same codes.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #56
jazacher

Thumbs up thank you!

Thanks so much for the help Edmond! 20618 worked in av2. I will head to the store as the power button isn't working and I would really like to have the guide feature. I'm assuming it's a remote issue but the DVR keeps saying I need to active my DVR service. I talked with Directv and they reset and said it should be working. I guess we'll find out once I get the remote eh? Thanks again! and thanks to the forum for just having this very helpful site!

Last edited by jazacher : 03-27-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #57
techmonkey

Yep used to happen ALL THE TIME when I had my Zenith TV's.
techmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #58
jazacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmonkey View Post
Yep used to happen ALL THE TIME when I had my Zenith TV's.
monkey~are you referencing me?
I have an Orion but the tv works fine. Still can't get the tivo's record to work or the power buttons but the guide and channels work. Any other solutions out there?
Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #59
Edmund
Remote Czar

This thread is mainly about zeniths tv that have IR conflicts with tivo commands.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #60
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazacher View Post
monkey~are you referencing me?
I have an Orion but the tv works fine. Still can't get the tivo's record to work or the power buttons but the guide and channels work. Any other solutions out there?
The tivo codes in the white directv remotes ALL lack power commands on the power keys, reason is that tivo peanut remote itself doesn;'t have these commands, so why do you expect a non-tivo remote to have them?

As I told you certain keys are locked to the directv device on the rc16 remote and so are not availabe in the AV1 or Av2 devices. Nothing short of replacing that remote with white directv remote with Format key will give you those missing commands. Any other White directv remote like the rc23, rc32, or rc64 will allow you to use Tivo codes 01142 & 01442 on the directv device, and so the missing commands will work. Actually there is one tivo code in the rc64 remote that has the standby command mapped to the middle PWR key, that 20739. Which is useless info for someone with RC16 remote like you.