TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-30-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
tim_ver

Tivo an on demand issues.

I have a Tivo Series 2 and use it with my digital comcast cable box a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200. The issue I am having as I can not go past channel 947 and on demand is on channel 999. How do I resolve this issue?
tim_ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
fredct

You could probably just type in channel 999 manually, no?

Also, look at your channel lineup under Messages & Settings -> Settings -> Channels (or something like that) and see if 999 is listed there and might be unchecked. If so, check it.
fredct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #3
tim_ver

I have tried to type in 999 and it just gives me ??? and says trying to get signal on a black screen. If I goto channel line up list in settings it only goes up to channel 947.

????
Old 11-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
fredct

Tim, you've posted this on many threads. Please don't spam this board with the same request all around. You have your own thread and we can deal with it here.

This sounds like a case where you need to request a lineup change to add 999 to your channels. Here is the form to do that:
http://tivosupport2.instancy.com/LineUpForm.aspx

Second, in the meantime, a workaround would be to set the TiVo to any channel you like, pull out the cable box remote, and tune the cable box to channel 999, then use the cable box remote to order whatever you want to watch. Sure, TiVo will still think its on the old channel, and the recording name will be wrong if you record it, but you will get your programming through the TiVo just the same.
fredct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
tim_ver

I understand but I had posted here first then saw people having an issue close to mine and figured all could benifit from this issue. Seems it should be a simple fix as both companies are now in a partnership. So what is the fix for this so I can enjoy the features I am paying for?

Thanks