Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
SoBelle0
What's next?

Big Brother - 8/7/14 - Double Eviction

Bummer!

I thought Derrick and Cody were better off with Nicole and Hayden. Could have pulled in Donny, and had the same numbers but with more trustworthy people. They were both complaining about Christine and Frankie playing every side, yet run right to them. Who thinks the DR had any input here?

Nicole is going to have to work hard to get anywhere...

It is certainly going to be interesting.

Oh and what a rude reaction from Zach! Sheesh! Let her get out the door before you start with the clapping and mouthing off. I do not care for that fellow.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
gweempose

I was surprised they got Christine to flip so easily. She seemed pretty dead set on wanting Zach out. I'm not entirely convinced it was in their best interest, but Kudos to Derrick and Cody for successfully manipulating her.

It's really a shame Christine won the POV earlier in the week. Backdooring Frankie would have set things in motion that could have made for a very interesting second half of the season. Instead, we get more of the same boring crap. This was by far the lamest double eviction in the history of the show.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

i thought nicole was a gonner, sending hayden to jury was a smart move. nicole will be lost, and will only have donny for support.

the choices for botb are 2 fewer - can't wait to see who goes up and who wins hoh!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #4
nmiller855

Zac is probably the most immature player I've ever seen, I thought earlier in the season that it was Paola but she seems much more mature compared to him.He's loud & obnoxious.
I would love to see Donny & Nicole win HOHs again & nominate Zac, Caleb, Christine & Frankie & let them fight it out in BOB.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:15 AM   #5
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Kudos to Derrick and Cody for successfully manipulating her.
I thought it was interesting that Cody did not vote to evict Hayden. Made me think he didn't know what was going on.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:55 AM   #6
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I went to see if it was recording and saw a Cowboys pre-game show was on instead. Fortunately it was playing on a sister station but I had to quickly start recording that instead.

Donny was a beast in the POV comp!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I hate these double eviction nights. I get how it shakes things up, but there's so little strategy involved because it happens so fast. You could tell that the detonators weren't on the same page when Cody and Derrick voted to evict different people. If I were playing, I'd hate to cultivate a strategy and have it blown up like that because of a gimmick. Yeah, I know, expect the unexpected, but it's nearly impossible to plan for something like that.

And oh, they are adding the OTHER twist I hate in these games. A voted off person having a chance to get back in the game. Ugggh. Once you are voted off, you should be gone. I hope they do it quick, because once you have a few people in the jury, it would be an unfair advantage to the person coming back to either:

A) influence the jury against certain people and then come back in the game and tell them or your old alliances.

B) know how the jury is leaning and use that to YOUR advantage once back in the house.

After all, you've been VOTED off once. Why should a VOTED OFF person have ANY advantage in the game?
Old 08-08-2014, 07:17 AM   #8
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
Zac is probably the most immature player I've ever seen, I thought earlier in the season that it was Paola but she seems much more mature compared to him.He's loud & obnoxious.
I would love to see Donny & Nicole win HOHs again & nominate Zac, Caleb, Christine & Frankie & let them fight it out in BOB.
There is no more double HOH or BOB.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #9
SoBelle0
What's next?

I think Julie said the double HOH and BOB were only 'over for an hour'. They couldn't do all of that on the DE night.

This Sunday, two new HOH will be crowned.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #10
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Yes, this was just a one night deal. Back to the usual system now.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #11
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

bleh
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #12
2004raptor

Kinda felt bad for Nicole a little bit. She was pissed. Going from HoH to almost evicted and losing her "man". She's screwed now. Well, I guess anything can happen. The detonators have the numbers so they can do what they want.

As said up thread, I really hope Donny and Nicole win HoH. It's time for Caleb or Zach to be gone. Maybe Christine.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #13
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post

Kinda felt bad for Nicole a little bit. She was pissed. Going from HoH to almost evicted and losing her "man". She's screwed now.
Yeah, that was a rough weak for Nicole. One minute she's sitting pretty as HoH thinking for sure Zach is going home. Next thing she knows, Zach stays, her boyfriend is evicted, and she's forced to come to the realization that everyone she thought she could trust had been lying to her all week. You could tell it took everything in her power not to start sobbing uncontrollably during the live show.

By the way, did anyone else notice that Frankie's sister Ariana was in the live audience? That would have been crazy if he got backdoored and then saw his sister sitting there.
(3) Minis

Old 08-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #14
Necromancer2006

Nicole made her move - she tried win with a flush but she came up against a full house.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #15
Cainebj

I still don't understand why there was no meeting between Christine and Nicole after Christine won the Power of Veto.
They didn't show it at least but Christine sure didn't seem to have a clue as to what was going on.

Nicole's best move would have been to get over whatever she thought was going on with her and being in on her decision to use or not use the PoV.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #16
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Side note:

My wife and I always chuckle when Victoria is finishing up her on camera vote. The minute she gets up to leave, she makes a point to stop for a split second and stare at herself in the reflective glass next to the exit door of the DR. Happens every single week.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #17
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
Nicole made her move - she tried win with a flush but she came up against a full house.
No she tried to win with two pair and lost. Backdooring from a weak position (non-Detonator) is not a good strategy but HOHs always want a weak player on BOTB so they can remain HOH, problem is that weak player goes home. Its the perfect season for a Detonator/Brigade alliance because your opposition is always putting its natural allies on the block.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #18
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Side note:

My wife and I always chuckle when Victoria is finishing up her on camera vote. The minute she gets up to leave, she makes a point to stop for a split second and stare at herself in the reflective glass next to the exit door of the DR. Happens every single week.
LOL! We noticed that too.

Victoria is such an unbelievably bad player that she may actually make it to the end simply because everyone knows that she wouldn't get a single vote from the jury. Seriously, why get rid of her at this point? Nobody likes her, she has zero ability to strategize, and she sucks at competitions.
(3) Minis

Old 08-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #19
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post

Its the perfect season for a Detonator/Brigade alliance because your opposition is always putting its natural allies on the block.
Exactly, and it's one of the main reasons why this season is so boring. The double HoH / Battle of the Block took a season with an already weak cast and made it even worse.
(3) Minis

Old 08-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #20
stellie93

So sorry for Nicole. I guess Derick and Cody will be better off with more unlikeable players in the end. If Nicole's plan had worked, and then they had managed to get rid of another Detonator in the second elim, she would have been looking pretty for the end.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #21
pmyers

Did anybody else see Team America's choices this week? Way to screw up an awesome idea BB!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #22
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

What were the choices?
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #23
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/team-america-vote/

MISSION A (winner)
Work together to convince someone to go on the block as a pawn and then get them evicted.

MISSION B
Have each member of Team America create and name a fake side alliance with the person they trust the least.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #24
Tracy
Truly

I wish they would have fun with Team America. Make the missions be more mischevious, like steal and hide people's personal stuff, smear food all over the kitchen, or leave messages on the mirror written in lipstick. That sort of stuff is more entertaining.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #25
Cainebj

I agree with you the team america challenges have been kindof lame and definitely shouldn't put their personal games at risk.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #26
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I agree with you the team america challenges have been kindof lame and definitely shouldn't put their personal games at risk.
What's the point of giving them $5k if they aren't putting themselves at risk by doing it?
Old 08-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #27
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I wish they would have fun with Team America. Make the missions be more mischevious, like steal and hide people's personal stuff, smear food all over the kitchen, or leave messages on the mirror written in lipstick. That sort of stuff is more entertaining.
And not at all worth giving them each $5k for doing.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #28
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Did anybody else see Team America's choices this week? Way to screw up an awesome idea BB!
Never really a great idea in the first place. It's just too intrusive. In my opinion, having TOO many twists just make the game a huge unplayable mess. It becomes less about the players and more about the gimmicks. We don't usually watch for the gimmicks as much as we do the interaction of the players, do we? I think the most memorable moments of Big Brother have been the big moves and the big fights. Only season where America played it was good was Eric's season where THAT was the big gimmick. But it was ONLY one player and if I recall, each week was the same task?