TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Rectify returns for a third season

Haven't seem much here at TCF on "Rectify", but it's been renewed for a third go-around....looking forward to binge watching this since our cable system recently added Sundance.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
zalusky

I have been watching but it is painfully slow. I have some guesses to where they going but I think they need to move on.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #3
mr.unnatural

That's great news. I've been watching it intently and feel that the ****'s going to hit the fan between Teddy Jr. and and Daniel at some point. Teddy Jr. looks like a pressure cooker about ready to blow at some point. It's definitely slow moving, but the story really demands it in the way it's being told. It's one of the more thoughtful and provocative shows currently being aired and a welcome change from most of the usual crap.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
sharkster

Glad to hear it will be back. I have enjoyed this show. We just got an HD version of Sundance this Feb, so it's been nicer watching S02 with HD.

ITA about Teddy Jr! Somethin's gonna happen with that guy!

I also agree about the slowness of the basic plotline about Daniel's situation. I'd like to see that resolved, but then I guess that would cut out the entire premise of the storyline. I enjoy the flashback scenes from when he was in prison.

Amantha is a strange one, but I like her.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
zalusky

What did people think about the season ender?
Spoiler:
It seemed like 55 minutes of long staring pauses and then finally a bunch of sh*t approaching a fan.

It still is not entirely clear if Daniel did it or not. They seem to imply many different scenarios. One in which he was angry at Hana and killed her after the boys had there way with her.

One thing that was interesting is that he said that there was more than Trey and George having there way. I kind of wonder if the Mr. Politician has a son that was in the mix and he is desperately trying to lock that down.

Since the thread does not say spoilers.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #6
brebeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Haven't seem much here at TCF on "Rectify", but it's been renewed for a third go-around....looking forward to binge watching this since our cable system recently added Sundance.
Where and when was the second season?
I totally missed it and looked for it......hmmmm.....

Will need to look for it On Demand or elsewhere.
thanks.
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
mr.unnatural

Season 2 just ended last Thursday with a 10-episode run.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #8
dwells

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
What did people think about the season ender?
Just got caught up and finished season 2, and thought it was absolutely incredible television- this is an amazing show.

We have liked it from the beginning, but the last 2 episodes of season 2 have elevated this show from very good to absolute greatness. Two of the best hours of television I have ever seen. Some on here are calling it "slow"- and while technically that may true, in that there isn't any real "action", it certainly isn't a negative in my book- in fact it is one of show's strengths in my opinion.

Definitely one of the best written shows ever- it is hard to describe the effect it has on me- it is just unrelenting and mesmerizing- it doesn't feel like you are watching a television show because it all feels so real....

Really have no idea where they are headed with the story, but can't wait for season 3......
dwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
sharkster

In reply to Zalusky's spoiler -

Spoiler:
Yeah, that politician guy (senator I think?) is just WAY too invested to not have, or be peripheral to, some kind of involvement.

sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote