TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #1
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

The Quest OAD 7/31 All season thread

"The Quest" is part Renaissance Faire, part cosplay, part fantasy novel, and part Big Brother. Twelve paladins, who have been carefully chosen for their love of fantasy, are assembled to complete a quest that takes place in Everealm. In the first episode, this fantasy adventure is beautifully staged and one can sense the excitement of the competitors as they are immersed in a "realistic" fantasy world and delivered to Castle Saenctum. (The word paladin, by the way, has come to mean a chivalrous hero.)

Did anyone watch it? Not as bad as I feared, but over all a bit of a cheese fest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:07 AM   #2
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get past the cheese factor. I only made it about 15 minutes into the first episode before deleting.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #3
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I watched it. It was just ok. I'll keep watching with hopes that the story gets more interesting.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
busyba
The Funcooker

I'm just hoping there will be a scene where one of the NPCs commands some guards to "seize them" and the black MMA Paladin responds with "seize this honkus".

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

We made it to about half-way or whenever the first challenge started. So corny and bad that we couldn't watch any more. No way will I waste DVR space on it.

I'll check in here from time to time to see what I'm missing, but I seriously doubt it's got legs.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
I'm just hoping there will be a scene where one of the NPCs commands some guards to "seize them" and the black MMA Paladin responds with "seize this honkus".
Now I would watch that

scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #7
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Watched the next one and it does seem more and more like a mediocre renaissance faire. Not terrible but pretty cheesy.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #8
KDeFlane

What started out as cheesy and groan-inducing has become a family favorite here. We're rooting for people, we're yelling at other people, we're laughing at the stupid, and we're swooning for the heart-warmings. We're hoping the remaining paladins can still act like a group of friends instead of competitors for as long as possible.
KDeFlane is offline   Reply With Quote