TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
dslunceford

Season Pass KAM options affect prior recordings?

I always thought that if you adjusted the "keep at most" number in an SP, that it only affected go-forward recordings. For instance change KAM set to 3, from 25. If you already have 5 episodes, it would leave the 5 and not record again until you are down to 2.

Apparently, though, that's not the behavior? I had an SP that was at "record all" and had 100+ episodes. Wanted to stop/slow the pace of recording additional episodes, so changed the KAM to 3 and it automatically deleted all but three of the unwatched episodes. I guess in hindsight, I should have just switched the SP to "new only" as there are no new episodes, only repeats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dslunceford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
59er
TiVotee

I think the behavior you're talking about is how it works with an SP where the recordings are set to KUID as well, or at least on the existing recordings.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Jonathan_S

As you found out old episodes are still linked to the SP and obey the KAM rules, unless something has "divorced" them from the season pass.

Some things that will "divorce" and episode are:
* if you manually schedule a recording (for example at an alternate time, or because there was an undetected conflict and you need to override the 28 day rule to actually record the episode),
* if you adjust the recording options on one future episode (for example adding padding to 1 episode instead of to the whole SP), or
* if you adjust the keep until status after it was recorded

(or at least that's how it worked a few years ago when I last experimented with this)