TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
aaronwt
HD Addict

The Leftovers 7/20/2014 "B.J. and the A.C."

I got some good laughs from this episode last night.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
MegaHertz67
Registered Smart Ass

Every episode I have the desire to punch the people in white right in the face.

There is a smug "I know something you don't" quality to their protests. The smoking but not talking thing is an oddly annoying affectation. And smiling when they know you're getting pissed is always infuriating.

But breaking in to people's houses and stealing their pictures crosses a huge line. As a father, I know my pictures are a precious thing, and I have backups of my backups just in case. If someone were to purposefully destroy irreplaceable pictures of my family in an effort to prove some point...oh, there would be hell to pay.

“Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”
-- John F. Kennedy
MegaHertz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

yes. They certainly crossed the line with that.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Ment

Confused by the trailer full of bodies..where did they come from and where were they going to?
Old 07-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
GoPackGo

One of the passengers on the bus said that "someone paid a lot of money to bury that guy".

I think there is a service that will find people matching the description of your loved one who went missing in the event so you can bury SOMEONE.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #6
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
One of the passengers on the bus said that "someone paid a lot of money to bury that guy".

I think there is a service that will find people matching the description of your loved one who went missing in the event so you can bury SOMEONE.
Without DNA or other verification? What about the actual relatives of the bodies, wouldn't they have a say.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
GoPackGo

Reading some posts on reddit, people think these are dummies made to look like loved ones that vanished. Then people bury the dummy for closure.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #8
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Reading some posts on reddit, people think these are dummies made to look like loved ones that vanished. Then people bury the dummy for closure.
That would at least make sense then. I wasn't sure what they were. But that would definitely explain it and what was said on the show about them.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #9
dtle

I think the phone call that Tommy got at the bus stop was an advertisement for the service.
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #10
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Glad I read this thread. I thought they were the actual dead loved ones that turned up in the trailer. This makes more sense.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #11
hairyblue
A good Man

I was confused about the container of dead bodies too. But if their loved ones were "taken" by some god, why bury a doll to represent a death?

Also breaking in and taking the pictures was very harsh. I'm assuming that some of this pictures are from people who were taken. The family would be able to get any more pictures of these missing people. This is a very hurtful act.

Why can't the white cult just leave people alone and not push their "faith"/belief on everyone.

And I don't understand why the son is in the Wayne cult, or why he stays. Although Wayne seems to have supernatural abilities, he seems like a psychopath.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:57 AM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I really wanted to like this show, but I find it exceptionally dull, without a character I like even a little. I was hopeful after last week's episode, which was a split from our main characters that things would pick up, but we're back to the same stuff. I might give it one more episode, but I'm not sure I'll stick with it. I said to the wife last night, I'm not sure why I'm watching this.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
Why can't the white cult just leave people alone and not push their "faith"/belief on everyone.
Have you ever BEEN to America?!?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #14
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
I was confused about the container of dead bodies too. But if their loved ones were "taken" by some god, why bury a doll to represent a death?

Also breaking in and taking the pictures was very harsh. I'm assuming that some of this pictures are from people who were taken. The family would be able to get any more pictures of these missing people. This is a very hurtful act.

And I don't understand why the son is in the Wayne cult, or why he stays. Although Wayne seems to have supernatural abilities, he seems like a psychopath.
Until this episode I was ambivalent about the GR group. But this episode, perhaps, showed an example of why people seem to hate them so much when they didn't seem to be doing much prior to this incident.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #15
Dawghows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I really wanted to like this show, but I find it exceptionally dull, without a character I like even a little. I was hopeful after last week's episode, which was a split from our main characters that things would pick up, but we're back to the same stuff. I might give it one more episode, but I'm not sure I'll stick with it. I said to the wife last night, I'm not sure why I'm watching this.
Yep. I think I'm done. Last week gave me some hope, but I thought this latest episode was the worst yet. As I've said in previous episode threads, to me this just doesn't seem like how people would really act. And overall, the story doesn't feel like it's going anywhere, either.

(Of course, that was my feeling about Lost, too, so maybe this is destined to be a huge hit. What do I know?)
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #16
Cainebj

I'm enjoying it.

The taking of the pics was pretty outrageous.

When the son was at the bus stop - I am assuming he is far far away from where Dad is so I guess that means the people in white are national?

Still trying to figure out Amy Brennemann's character.
Am I missing something - is there a 3rd kid that disappeared?

Also interesting to find out Dad is not the son's biological father.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #17
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Why can't any cult?

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
pmyers

Quote:
Correct. They even showed the commercial for it last week when that lady was doing her interview with the couple.
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote