TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
2004raptor

Big Brother 7/23/14

Well, psycho Caleb is back. Sure went from Creepy to not caring back to creepy pretty quick.

And whoever said it was right. Cody should have put Caleb up. He will definitely strike at Cody first.

And Donny has to be the most genuinely nice guy (or seriously a door mat). He seems upset that Cody is upset that he put him up.

Still rooting for Donny to win. But sooner or later his luck as a "pawn" will run out if this keeps up. Hoping he wins HOH tonight!
2004raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Agree. I hate seeing him sitting on the block.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Agree. I hate seeing him sitting on the block.
Especially after Cody told him straight up that he wasn't going to put him.

Cody is as much of an idiot as Caleb is a creepster.

My wife and I think there's a good chance that Caleb will be kicked out for doing something crazy.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #4
2004raptor

Oh, and why couldn't hayden be put up? Or one of the blonde girls? Or am I forgetting who is in the "detonators"? I guess one of the blond girls is. Just seems really bad for him to tell Donny he wasn't going up and then do it.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Oh, and why couldn't hayden be put up? Or one of the blonde girls? Or am I forgetting who is in the "detonators"? I guess one of the blond girls is. Just seems really bad for him to tell Donny he wasn't going up and then do it.
We were talking about this at home. Why always Donny? Why not Nicole (who people seem to genuinely like) or Hayden who could even be a physical threat down the road? Heck, an alternative could have been to bring Donny into the detonators and vote Caleb out, unless they don't trust Donny, who could "out" them. I feel bad for Donny, because you know how this game could turn.

I knew, once again, that all the Caleb talk and "not putting Donny up" were red herrings. For some reason this season, the red herrings are just too obvious (or maybe I've been watching shows like this too often and I know how they edit these things).
Old 07-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
We were talking about this at home. Why always Donny? Why not Nicole (who people seem to genuinely like) or Hayden who could even be a physical threat down the road? Heck, an alternative could have been to bring Donny into the detonators and vote Caleb out, unless they don't trust Donny, who could "out" them. I feel bad for Donny, because you know how this game could turn.

I knew, once again, that all the Caleb talk and "not putting Donny up" were red herrings. For some reason this season, the red herrings are just too obvious (or maybe I've been watching shows like this too often and I know how they edit these things).
Looks like Donny is learning "to expect the unexpected" and not trust anybody, but also starting to talk game/influence people.

Hopefully this will position him well for the future.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
pmyers

I'm glad to see that it is not just "editing" and that everybody in the house can see what a creeper Caleb is.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
Ment

Brit Brit in the soccer uniform was hawt. Whats the penalty for not finishing 2400 kicks?
Old 07-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #9
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Brit Brit in the soccer uniform was hawt. Whats the penalty for not finishing 2400 kicks?
Agreed. Not being able to compete in HOH this week, I think.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #10
brianric

Quote:
I think it was POV.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #11
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
I think it was POV.
I think you're right.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #12
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
I think she couldn't compete in the next HOH.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
stellie93

If the Detonators take out Caleb next, then won't it be to the point where an all girl alliance plus Donnie and Hayden, minus useless floaters (Victoria/Jocasta) that you can't trust could take over? They need to stop sitting back and letting these guys pick them off. I don't know if either alliance could trust Amber.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
If the Detonators take out Caleb next, then won't it be to the point where an all girl alliance plus Donnie and Hayden, minus useless floaters (Victoria/Jocasta) that you can't trust could take over? They need to stop sitting back and letting these guys pick them off. I don't know if either alliance could trust Amber.
If my count is right, an all girl alliance plus Donny and Heyden could take out them out even WITH Caleb in the alliance. They just haven't organized yet. To me Amber is the one who could get that done. I don't think Donny would do it, as he's still kind of laying back and not making waves.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #15
ducker

if she didn't complete it she wasn't eligible to compete in the next POV. One of the reasons she almost didn't complete it - as she felt why should she beat herself up if she's going home?

Donny was put up to insure a 10-0 vote. Even likable Nicole or Hayden could possibly get votes potentially against them.

Brittany is quite persuasive; although apparently not enough.

I too was disappointed in Cody not putting on Caleb.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #16
gweempose

Quote:

Oh, and why couldn't Hayden be put up? Or one of the blonde girls?
Quote:

We were talking about this at home. Why always Donny? Why not Nicole (who people seem to genuinely like) or Hayden who could even be a physical threat down the road?
I agree. it's very odd that Cody didn't even consider putting any one else up except Donny or Caleb. My wife and I couldn't understand this at all. It makes me think there must be a lot of stuff going on in the house that they are not showing us in the edit.

I found this to be another lame episode. It was clear from the start that the whole Caleb thing was a red herring. This season started off strong, but it's rather dull right now. As I feared, Devin leaving the house appears to have had a huge negative impact on the show's entertainment value. Hopefully, some stuff will happen soon to mix things up and inject some excitement back into the season.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #17
stellie93

Are Amber and Zach (?) really close, or is it just Caleb making it seem like a big thing? I wasn't sure if she would side with the girls or with him.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #18
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post

Brit Brit in the soccer uniform was hawt.
Agreed. I will be sad to see her go. IMHO, she's by far the prettiest girl in the house this season.
(3) Minis

Old 07-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #19
Ment

Quote:
Are Amber and Zach (?) really close, or is it just Caleb making it seem like a big thing? I wasn't sure if she would side with the girls or with him.
Amber could be paying attention to Donny and Caleb would have issues. I don't see what Amber sees in Zach. Hate his faux-swagger personality.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #20
2004raptor

Quote:
Zach? Or do you mean Cody? Now, I'm confused. I thought zach was the semi-gay one that's all over Frankie at times.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #21
verdugan

Quote:
Zach? Or do you mean Cody? Now, I'm confused. I thought zach was the semi-gay one that's all over Frankie at times.
Amber and Cody are the pair.

Both Zach and Cody sound bi-curious.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #22
verdugan

Quote:
To me Amber is the one who could get that done.
But, with all due respect, she's an idiot. In the episode Amber says "If those boys keep putting me up, I'll show them." Or something like that.

She should be thinking "I have to win HOH"
Old 07-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #23
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Caleb cracks me up. Somebody needs to get honest with the dude and tell him he has absolutely no shot with Amber. At. All. Getting mad at Cody is just classic Neanderthal. Still... the smart move was to keep their numbers. There will be plenty of opportunities to blind side (and that's exactly how they better do it) Caleb later on. I think Derrick is playing a pretty good game so far. You can tell he's used to dealing with Male egos.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #24
GoPackGo

I think small town Caleb has truly never been ejected by a girl, and doesn't understand how Amber could possibly not be interested in him.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #25
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
I think small town Caleb has truly never been ejected by a girl, and doesn't understand how Amber could possibly not be interested in him.
I'm assuming you meant rejected. In his mind he's never been rejected.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #26
pmyers

btw...don't use your toe when kicking a soccer ball. She should have been using the side of her foot from that distance.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #27
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

You should actually use the top of your foot.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #28
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I agree. it's very odd that Cody didn't even consider putting any one else up except Donny or Caleb. My wife and I couldn't understand this at all. It makes me think there must be a lot of stuff going on in the house that they are not showing us in the edit.
I think that Donny has become the default pawn because they already have that blood on their hands.

Quote:

No reason to take out Caleb, he is loyal to the Detonators so keep him around until all the Duds are gone (I gave them an alliance name because they don't realize they need to align). He is one more person to help them continue to control the house.

The Duds have no shot unless they start winning head of household. Until then, they will continue to dwindle. I was hoping Jocasta and Victoria would win the HOHs. That would make it a fun week. They probably would still pick off their own.

This is an odd season in that everyone really gets along well.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #29
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

It sure makes for a boring season when half the house doesn't appear to be playing the game or are real poor at it.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #30
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post

It sure makes for a boring season when half the house doesn't appear to be playing the game or are real poor at it.
No question about it. You would think the people on the outside of the power in the house would see that they are slowly being picked off one by one, but they just don't seem to care. Victoria, Amber, Hayden, Jocasta, Nicole and Donny are all worthless. Christine is at least part of the "Detonators", but I don't think she's playing much of a game so far either. I have no problem with floaters. It has proven to be a very successful strategy in the past. These guys aren't even floaters, though. They just sit there and do nothing.

I just binge watched the entire last season of Survivor over the past few days. Big Brother is so unbelievably boring by comparison. This is not always the case, but it is a slow season of Big Brother so far, and it was a phenomenal season of Survivor. We need someone to make a big move and organize some kind of coup. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them have the guts or social skills to pull it off.
(3) Minis