TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-31-2014, 07:44 AM   #1
Number528

Cox in Tidewater, VA

My mother is moving from DirecTv to Cox and I am considering putting in Tivos. Anyone in the Tidewater area have any good or bad experiences they want to share? The Cox sales rep warned me about 'synchronizing' issues but couldn't explain what that meant...

The TV package would be the Cox Advanced choice and I am thinking a Roamio Plus and a Mini.

TIA

Number528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
aristoBrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number528 View Post
My mother is moving from DirecTv to Cox and I am considering putting in Tivos. Anyone in the Tidewater area have any good or bad experiences they want to share? The Cox sales rep warned me about 'synchronizing' issues but couldn't explain what that meant...

The TV package would be the Cox Advanced choice and I am thinking a Roamio Plus and a Mini.

TIA

I'm in Va Beach and have used Cox w/ various quantities and versions of TiVos since 2007.

The only issue I had was when switching my main TiVo from a Premiere to a Roamio. The Cox signal strength was too hot for the Roamio, which caused issues with getting the cable card paired.

The Premiere (and the Series3 before that) didn't have any issues with the signal strength. Had to put a 4-way splitter between the wall and the Roamio to drop the signal strength, and it's been working fine since.

I think I've had the tuning adapter act up twice in the last year or so. A quick reboot of the adapter fixed that.
Series 3 OLED (x2)
DirecTiVo (x3)
Series 1
aristoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
mhalladay

Tivo Roamio Pro working fine w/ Cox in Williamsburg, VA

I made the jump to Roamio in January (from a Series 3 Tivo HD), and it's working fine with the CableCard provided by Cox; also have a Mini hooked up via ethernet in bedroom.

The counter rep at the Cox 'Store' here in Williamsburg was quite knowledgeable, and I picked up another CableCard for the Roamio and did a self-install (kept the Tivo HD, in another bedroom). As usually is the case, it did take several phone calls to the Cox installation folks to get the card fully paired; but once you get someone who seems to know what they're doing, it worked.
mhalladay is offline   Reply With Quote