TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

The Sixties: The Space Race

The latest episode in CNN's The Sixties, "The Space Race", never aired because of coverage of Flight 17. However, the listings weren't corrected in time, so when it does air, it might be considered a repeat. Check your Season Passes this week.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
sharkster

Yeah, I tried three different airings and gave up.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

CNN is running ads saying that it will air Thursday, but the listings may still say "1968" (a separate episode - I am assuming it will include the MLK & RFK assassinations, the "black power salute" incident at the Mexico City Olympics, Nixon's election, and Apollo 8).
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
worachj

The Sixties, "The Space Race" 9 PM ET Thursday was an ad I saw on CNN today.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #5
mattack

Yeah, my Tivo still says 1968 now.. (checked via iOS app)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Mine now says "Space Race"...and it's picking it up, despite recording the fake airing last week!

("1968" is scheduled for Friday...I don't know if that's for real, or just a ghost rerun of the one that was replaced tomorrow...)
Old 08-08-2014, 06:50 AM   #7
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Whoops, they did it again.

Last night's episode was cut off halfway through for coverage of the Iraq air strikes authorization. I happened to be watching, so I scheduled an overnight airing...and the air strike coverage was still going on. I suspect this will be like last time, when they just showed it next week. Fortunately, last time TiVo somehow new to record it despite having "recorded" it before, so knock on wood, but we should probably keep an eye out to make sure.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post

Last night's episode was cut off halfway through for coverage of the Iraq air strikes authorization. I happened to be watching, so I scheduled an overnight airing...and the air strike coverage was still going on. I suspect this will be like last time, when they just showed it next week. Fortunately, last time TiVo somehow new to record it despite having "recorded" it before, so knock on wood, but we should probably keep an eye out to make sure.
If they're going to re-air next week, someone needs to tell them to quit running ads for the Woodstock episode.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #9
shiffrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post

Check your upcoming shows. Mine shows it is on tonight at 10 PM. I told it to record it since it wasn't going to do that on its own.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffrin View Post
Check your upcoming shows. Mine shows it is on tonight at 10 PM. I told it to record it since it wasn't going to do that on its own.
Yeah, the first couple of "reruns" were preempted, but last night's wasn't (and I suspect tonight's won't be as well, unless something major happens today).

In fact, you just reminded me to cancel tonight's airing (since I already got it last night)...