TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Big Brother 7/16/2014

No thread yet? Looks like Operation get rid of Devin is a full go. We got the obvious red herrings where BB gives us the possibility of Donny not going along with the plan or of Caleb becoming the target because of his jealousy toward Cody over Amber (and he's one lovestruck puppy!!).

I loved how Zack played along with him being Amanda Zuckerman's cousin!!

One question for those who watch the live feeds....are they having have-not competitions that we aren't seeing?
Old 07-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Caleb is a full-on creeper. Came off really rapey last night.

I didn't understand where the frog-suit came from, either.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #3
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post

When Nicole's team lost the BoB, she "disappeared" and production made her put the suit on to wear the whole week as punishment.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Yeah, I think Caleb has gone over the top. While I still think Devin is likely going, I can see a possible situation where Devin stays and Caleb goes... Either way they are eliminating a strong competitor with some social issues. At this point it's going to come down to who is the biggest irritant! Target is obviously still solidly on Devin, but it could move to Caleb. We've seen stranger things happen in the past. I know Amber and Cody would already be on board if it were suggested!

Frog suit was obviously a consequence of losing the battle of the block, but I agree that they should have given us as viewers a little more context.

I am growing a little tired of Donny's demeanor... Not a hater though... Not yet anyway...
  • Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
When Nicole's team lost nominees won the BoB, she "disappeared" and production made her put the suit on to wear the whole week as punishment.
FYP

It's like how the first week Frankie was thrown into the pool after being dethroned and Amber had that bucket of gunk dumped on her. Unfortunately for Nicole, she was turned into a frog for the rest of the week.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #6
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
FYP

It's like how the first week Frankie was thrown into the pool after being dethroned and Amber had that bucket of gunk dumped on her. Unfortunately for Nicole, she was turned into a frog for the rest of the week.
I just meant the team that would keep her HOH, lost. But since she didn't want to be it anyways, it was a win for her.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
pmyers

Yeah that frog suit seemed to come out of nowhere.

I don't like that Team America is being forced to try and get somebody on the block. I love the idea of having them do tasks (like what they just did), but I don't like the idea of them possibly ending somebody's game.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #8
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

I don't like that Team America is being forced to try and get somebody on the block. I love the idea of having them do tasks (like what they just did), but I don't like the idea of them possibly ending somebody's game.
I agree. America shouldn't have the ability to have that much influence over the game. They already made so many changes to the game this year, it seems wrong to include the Team America thing as well. I wonder what would happen if Team America refuses to comply?
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #9
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:

Agreed, its supposed to be about fun in my mind and there is nothing fun about forcing TA Players to target somebody. I would rather see them have to do silly,stupid, somewhat non-game related tasks.

Devin should certainly be going home, I just don't see the votes swaying to caleb at this time. Everybody can vote Devin and not have any blood on their hands. Its a win win for the majority of the house. Devin proved once again he is a tough competitor in the Veto so now is the time to get him out.

Caleb is a total creep. If I was Cody I would have told him I did have a thing for Amber and let the best man win, knowing full well that Amber did not have feelings for Caleb. Either that or just break it to him clearly - Caleb you can't be a player, even if you have the uniform you have no game

Donny is certainly playing the game and I am still unsure how his game will fair after a couple more weeks.

Jocasta - sorry to see you sick, Donny was cool to save you. Try and add some different thoughts to your rotation. Your coming off way over the top, at least through the editing.

Ok episode but obviously tonights is where its at!
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #10
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I have tried several times to see any hint of a reflection off of Derrick's glasses. I am almost convinced there are no lenses in them. Is he just wearing frames?
Old 07-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #11
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Jocasta made me want to barf with all the dramatic crying, heck her housemates were even to the point of laughing at her dramatic crapolla.

And her "I ALWAYS GIVE AND NOBODY HAS EVER GIVEN TO ME!!!" Oh really Jocasta, I thought "GOD!" was giving you whatever it is you want 24/7?? Sheeesh!

Donny sure is looking stronger lately. He may be a goof, but he can play when he needs to. So far, he's about the only one I'm truly rooting for.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #12
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I agree. America shouldn't have the ability to have that much influence over the game. They already made so many changes to the game this year, it seems wrong to include the Team America thing as well. I wonder what would happen if Team America refuses to comply?
They wouldn't get any money, and they would be going against America's wishes. I very much doubt their egos would let them not follow the instructions. They are beloved by america!

This particular task is a non-task really though. 4 players get nominated. They'll either have to nominate somebody they think is a floater or somebody who is a physical threat. It seems you take any 4 houseguests and there'll be at least one of each.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #13
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Man talk about a Jr. High crush and way of dealing with it.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #14
Ment

The source of Jocasta's symptoms can't be all physical, she is starting to shred in the house. Way overly dramatic on everything. If she gets nommed again she might DOR.

Donny the BOB/POV beast!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #15
bikegeek

When Donny speaks, he makes me think of Adam Sandler in The Waterboy. I hope he makes it to the end.
bikegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #16
gweempose

Yeah, Caleb is really creepy. "I saved you, so now you OWE me". Take a hint, pal. She doesn't like you!
(3) Minis

Old 07-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #17
2004raptor

This might be more for Live Feed viewers but I don't go into that thread. So now that it's in the past how much time lapses between the Battle of the Block and the Veto comp? Unless it's the same day it seems odd Jacosta was still sick. Didn't she get sick from all the raising and lowering in the BotB?

Caleb needs to go. I can't understand why he thinks he has a shot. She's appears to have made it clear that he has zero chance. But he's not letting go. Creepy stalker.
2004raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #18
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
When Nicole's team lost the BoB, she "disappeared" and production made her put the suit on to wear the whole week as punishment.
I forget who was the moderator for the BOB, but he waved his wand and said something like "Changus amphibious" and Nicole "disappeared". I said to my husband, I'll bet she comes out in a frog suit. Didn't think it would be for a week though.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #19
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Yeah, Caleb is really creepy. "I saved you, so now you OWE me". Take a hint, pal. She doesn't like you!
He sounds like Abe from Breaking Amish

Abe/Donny

Old 07-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #20
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honora View Post
I forget who was the moderator for the BOB, but he waved his wand and said something like "Changus amphibious" and Nicole "disappeared". I said to my husband, I'll bet she comes out in a frog suit. Didn't think it would be for a week though.
Britanny
Old 07-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #21
cherry ghost

Quote:

I must have skipped over this. That's their next assignment? Who are the choices?
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #22
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
This might be more for Live Feed viewers but I don't go into that thread. So now that it's in the past how much time lapses between the Battle of the Block and the Veto comp? Unless it's the same day it seems odd Jacosta was still sick. Didn't she get sick from all the raising and lowering in the BotB?
She was starting to feel bad at the BoB competition (6pm ish BBT), and then went into full puking mode that night. PoV comp was the next afternoon.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #23
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Jocasta said she was feeling ill before BOB and that going up and down made her throw up.
Spoiler:
As to timing, It was three days. Noms and BOB happened on Friday and Veto comp Sat, Veto meeting Monday.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #24
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
I must have skipped over this. That's their next assignment? Who are the choices?
There's not a specific choice, just a general description. Kind of lame.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #25
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah that frog suit seemed to come out of nowhere.
it was a feeble attempt to tie a bob punishment to the losing hoh, based on the comps "frogwarts" theme. i like the banana suit better.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #26
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post

I dislike the whole TA concept. These tasks do not amuse me and I'm not on their side.
I'm right there with you. I loved it the first time they did it with "America's Player", but they happened to get very lucky with the casting of Eric, who had the perfect personality for it.
(3) Minis

Old 07-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #27
Ment

They should have put tasks that could be incorporated as gameplay but does not require it. Example would be hide an houseguest item and blame another houseguest and have a third find the item. They could go with a harmless prank or use it to create friction between people who already dislike each other.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #28
ducker

the TA choices are a joke this week.

It would be VERY Easy for them to put up a floater. Since pretty much every week one or more of the "floaters" have been sitting in the hot seat.

And who's to say who a physical threat is - Again, every week there has been one physical threat sitting on the block. Aside from Donny any of the guys could be viewed as a "physical threat"

it's just all in all a lame choice. They need to come up with something more creative.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #29
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CALEB.jpg (34.7 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by MonsterJoe : 07-17-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:18 PM   #30
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
too funny! thanks for my biggest laugh of the day!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace

Last edited by NorthAlabama : 07-17-2014 at 01:55 PM.
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote