TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > eBay Auction Central > Buyer/Seller Area
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Tivo Roamio 4 tuner w/t $9.95 service plan

Sold!

Spoiler:
I have what is a new refurbished Tivo Roamio currently with it's original 500 Mb drive installed. I would like $150 for it (Plus actual shipping cost to your address). It has a grandfathered lower monthly rate of $9.95 with no service time commitment. Extended warranty is available at costs priot ro service transfer.

As this was a warranty replaced unit, 2 or 3 year extended warranty is available at cost (add $29.99 for two year or $39.99 for 3 year). As it's active to me as warranty replacement, I would need to add the extended warranty prior to transfer since it was issued to me but the warranty transfers to the new owner.

So...

A new Tivo Roamio basic 4 tuner with $9.95 monthly rate transferable to you - $150

Extended warranty available prior to purchase as cost ($29.99 or $39.99)

This Tivo is weeks old, still has plastic cling wrap on it, I have a Roamio Pro and Mini's including a Premiere and I simply have no need for it. it's active on my account (has the Summer 2014 update) in order to keep the grandfathered low rate which I will arrange a case number as transfer to buyer to take advantage of this. If I don't sell it here, I will put it on eBay but the price will increase. PayPal for payment, verified PayPal Address only to protect you and me. PM me for details or email me at eboydog @ Gmail.

Thanks!
Wes
TiVo Premiere

Last edited by eboydog : 08-01-2014 at 01:07 PM.
eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I don't think the monthly service plan will be transferable to a new owner, only the lifetime service can be transferred.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
I don't think the monthly service plan will be transferable to a new owner, only the lifetime service can be transferred.
Sorry, you are wrong, yes it can. As long as I don't cancel it and it stays active on my account, when it's sold, I call TiVo and they assign a case number which allows service transfer for the new owner. The new owner must take that case number and call TiVo to activate it on their account.

It's exactly the same as lifetime service transfers, New owner assumes the orginal service contract, be it lifetime or cheaper monthly rates. It's not common with selling monthly service TiVos as used TiVos are taken out of service and such typically doesn't apply. This is the key as service can't be interrupted by the discounted rate owner, if so then the normal higher rates apply.

I guarantee the buyer will receive the lower rate and if not pleased, I will refund the purchase amount. In fact this orginal TiVo that had issues was one I sold to a member here, he had a problem with the cable card so he returned it to me and I refunded him his money. After receiving it back, it was replaced by TiVo under warranty and this is the replaced TiVo.
TiVo Premiere

Old 07-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

I would like to sell this this weekend, I will consider any decent offer as my next choice is eBay and rather not go that route unless necessary.

Thanks!
TiVo Premiere

Old 07-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Price lowered to $150! The 3Tb drive option was removed however it appears despite editing the subject line, the drive option still appears. I have since used the 3tb drive in a different Tivo.

Thanks!
Wes
TiVo Premiere