TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
almahix

Roamio and mini; mini won't stream

I have an occasional issue with one of my minis. The mini can be connected via ethernet or moca, it doesn't matter. When I turn the tv on or sometimes just changing the channel, the program will freeze. The mini can see the roamio plus so it isn't disconnected. No matter what I do I cannot get the stream to resume. Anybody see this? It is really frustrating.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:14 AM   #2
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

No error? what do you have to do to resume the program? Have you rebooted both the mini and the host? (obviously, you likely have if you've been battling this for a while)

Swap locations with two of your minis, using the same cables. if the problem follows the mini, that will certainly narrow down your troubleshooting!

And I think you signature might need an update
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:29 AM   #3
almahix

There is no apparent error. I switched the 2 Minis and the problem stayed in the same location. During the latest failure I could not stream (picture frozen) but the mini could communicate with the roamio. Today I strung a second HDMI cable so when it fails again I can do a quick swa and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks for the hint about the sig. I haven't been in the forum for some time!
Old 07-13-2014, 03:59 AM   #4
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Im trying to fully understand the situation, bear with me...

So, the picture freezes like its paused, but the mini otherwise continues functioning?
(i.e. you can hit the tivo button to pull up the menus, etc)

You cannot resume playing of the particular program you were just watching, or any program when in the frozen state? How do you return it to functionality? reboot the mini?

Are you using Moca or ethernet on the Roamio?
I hope you dont have the Roamio setup as a moca bridge, with ethernet connected and moca enabled. That causes network asplosion if you are using Fios's moca bridge as well.

If moca, on any of the boxes... in settings, in the networking/network status, are you seeing any moca errors? what is the phy rates?

just exploring possibilities here, since i don't recall seeing anyone complaining of this before.... and since it stayed with the location, its strange!

are you running 20.4.1 or 20.4.2? (.2 is being rolled out)
.2 is a complete re-build of the software from top to bottom, just making sure you didnt get that and are seeing some brand-new problem before unseen...
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote