TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
alleybj

Problem transferring copy protected show ipad

Does anyone else have this problem? I try to transfer a copy protected show to the iPad. It gives me the screen that says that if I want to transfer it it will delete it from my TiVo. I say okay, and the transfer process starts. It seems to go just fine, and the show seems to transfer, but in attempting to watch the show on the iPad, the watch on iPad screen is grayed out. There seems to be no way to get he show to play. As it turns out, the show has not been deleted from my TiVo. So I haven't lost it, but I seem to be unable to get it transferred to the iPad. I've tried several times, with no success, and this has happened on more than one show. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

alleybj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
taynt3d

I have the exact same problem, but no solution. Any help for us out there?

taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #3
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
You need to make sure the TiVo is not paused on or even displaying the info for the program you're trying to transfer. If it is then the delete will fail and the software will not unlock the transferred copy.

Although I've also seen it randomly fail for no apparent reason. Perhaps a communication error with the TiVo that prevents the delete? Not sure. But basically if the show doesn't delete from the TiVo then it will not be unlocked on the device.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #4
alleybj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
You need to make sure the TiVo is not paused on or even displaying the info for the program you're trying to transfer. If it is then the delete will fail and the software will not unlock the transferred copy.

Although I've also seen it randomly fail for no apparent reason. Perhaps a communication error with the TiVo that prevents the delete? Not sure. But basically if the show doesn't delete from the TiVo then it will not be unlocked on the device.
Thanks, the Tivos (yes, I've had this problem on a premier and roamio pro) have not been paused on the show or displaying their info, unless loading them for recording on the iPad might do that. Any other thoughts? One of the shows was Togetherness on HBO, and it wouldn't download on either Tivo. Some shows do download.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
No, I've seen the same thing where a show wont delete for some reason and as such never unlocks the transfer. Seems like when it happens that show just doesn't work no matter what. Like there is a glitch at the very end that causes it to not finish and as such it wont delete.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #6
alleybj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
No, I've seen the same thing where a show wont delete for some reason and as such never unlocks the transfer. Seems like when it happens that show just doesn't work no matter what. Like there is a glitch at the very end that causes it to not finish and as such it wont delete.
That's really annoying. So far, only about 50% of the shows I've tried work.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #7
dlcrow

I am seeing this. Based on transferring two groups of shows (definitely not definitive), it seems to affect the last show to transfer. No matter how many times I delete the show on the iPad and re-transfer, the results are always the same.

dlcrow is offline   Reply With Quote