TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
bradm23

Time Warner Tuning Adapter for 4 Tuner Roamio

I've seen a few posts about issues with the 6 tuner Roamios but just had Time Warner here to install cable card in my 4 tuner Roamio and got an error stating that the tuning adapter can only user 2 tuners. The tuning adapter is MTR700 but installer wasn't sure of firmware. I am in Los Angeles and using Time Warner.

Technician or supervisor is supposed to come back but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and knows what I should ask them for to make sure they bring the right equipment?

Thanks!
bradm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

It's very disappointing that the technician didn't know how to check the firmware version. You should go into the settings of the Roamio and see for yourself what version of firmware the tuning adapter is running, just so you will know for sure that the old firmware on the tuning adapter is what is causing the problem. Technicians always want to blame the TiVo rather than the cable company's equipment so they can say it isn't their problem. There is absolutely no good reason why you shouldn't be able to get a tuning adapter from Time Warner that will support all 4 (or even 6) tuners.
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
dlfl
Cranky old novice

In my experience it's very normal (as well as disappointing) that TWC techs know nothing about TiVo or Tuning Adapters. The last tech I had at my home said he had been working for TWC for two years and never encountered such equipment. He said in their training classes the only coverage of them was to mention that they existed. I do suspect that my TWC region, Southwest Ohio is worse than some others in that respect.

Your TA is a Motorola (now Arris) brand. Here is a thread discussing the latest software versions for that:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...php?p=10160658

There are other threads giving more detail but you can do the searching to find them.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
In my experience it's very normal (as well as disappointing) that TWC techs know nothing about TiVo or Tuning Adapters. The last tech I had at my home said he had been working for TWC for two years and never encountered such equipment. He said in their training classes the only coverage of them was to mention that they existed. I do suspect that my TWC region, Southwest Ohio is worse than some others in that respect.

Your TA is a Motorola (now Arris) brand. Here is a thread discussing the latest software versions for that:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...php?p=10160658

There are other threads giving more detail but you can do the searching to find them.
I swear Dallas is the worst. I went through six tuning adapters yes Motorola in 18 months two were DOA two just failed. They TWC Dallas can't deliver a stable signal, too low one week too hot another. One of their cable cards techs actually berated my TiVo because it required a secondary box. If they'd drop all the crap channels they wouldn't need switched video.
----
TiVo Premiere [746320]+WD1TB w/slide remote(original)
TiVo Premiere [746500]+WD1TB
TiVo Stream (happily streaming to Android)
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote