Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #211
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEC2955 View Post
I really don't know where to report this intermittent error that has started happening since the Summer 2014 update: I have COX as my TV provider and I keep getting "Unable to tune channel" and have to do a hard reset (unplug for 10+minutes / repower - reboot) of the TIVO (Premiere 4-4 Tuner), Cable Card & Digital Tuner to tune in the channels... then it all works for about a day then the error comes back,,,, today I had COX send the authorization codes which did not seem fix the error,, but after a hard reset I got a number of messages about changes to the channel line up changed, where in the past if there had been a change to the channel numbers the TIVO would just adjust itself and go about working happily along.. At first I thought that it was a MINI issue only to find that the issue was also happening on the main box.
Register and report it here:

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #212
AbacusGlitch

How long should it take to get the update if we didn't get in the priority list? Do I wait a month or two?
AbacusGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #213
Doit2it

I just filled out a Tivo New Feature Survey asking for an additional category for Uploaded Videos. Currently videos uploaded to the Tivo via Tivo Desktop or any other program only appear in the All and Partially Watched categories.

If you want this too, fill out a Tivo New Feature Survey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tivo.jpg (36.3 KB, 38 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tivo XL4 w/LT :: TiVo HD w/LT & 2TB :: LG 47" & 42" HDTVs
Tivo HD w/LT - Mom :: Series 2 80 - Boxed :: Series 2 40 - Boxed
Doit2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #214
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

probably the next couple of weeks. the priority page is still active:
http://www.tivo.com/priority_20_4_2

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #215
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Still haven't been able to get the update on my second box. I force connected about 10 times through the day yesterday. One time it loaded data (%) for a long time, then nothing.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #216
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
Still haven't been able to get the update on my second box. I force connected about 10 times through the day yesterday. One time it loaded data (%) for a long time, then nothing.
That's a good way to actually keep it from updating. TiVoMargret has said so.

Lay off the caffeine, and let it be for a couple days, if you want my advice.

Forcing too many connection backs-up (as-in congests) some things, and can even corrupt the databases, if luck is not on your side.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #217
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
Still haven't been able to get the update on my second box. I force connected about 10 times through the day yesterday.
There's no logic to doing that. The update isn't marked "send to b_scott's TiVo after it connects N more times." It's more like "send to b_scott's TiVo after xx/yy/zz date." At most, forcing a connection can only shave a few hours off the scheduled delivery time, if it's already reached the date.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #218
MPSAN

I have 2 boxes and still do not have the update. Is there something wrong, or should I still wait?
Old 07-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #219
Tony Chick

I'm noticing a problem with this release and my Harmony One remote, I get repeated buttons a lot. I'll press 404 and get 4404 or some suchlike. I don't recall ever having this before with TiVo, I used to with my DirecTV HRxx box. I'll try messing with the inter-command delay in the Harmony setup.
Tony Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #220
JWhites

Roamio FAQ out of date

At what point is TiVo going to update the FAQ for the Roamio to reflect the 20.4.2 update on the Premiere? What I mean is that one of the questions on the FAQ is "A new UI look and feel has been introduced on TiVo Roamio. Will a TiVo Premiere have access to this new look? Can I download it to a previous TiVo box?"
And the answer they put is "No, the new look and feel is only available on the TiVo Roamio platform and will not be downloadable to any previous TiVo DVRs. The UI looks slightly different but the functionality and menus are exactly the same."

I've complained on the forum about this before when the rumors were spinning about the new UI coming to the Premiere and now that it's come, someone needs to update their site so misinformation doesn't continue to perpetuate since other websites quote TiVo's.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #221
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
That's a good way to actually keep it from updating. TiVoMargret has said so.

Lay off the caffeine, and let it be for a couple days, if you want my advice.

Forcing too many connection backs-up (as-in congests) some things, and can even corrupt the databases, if luck is not on your side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
There's no logic to doing that. The update isn't marked "send to b_scott's TiVo after it connects N more times." It's more like "send to b_scott's TiVo after xx/yy/zz date." At most, forcing a connection can only shave a few hours off the scheduled delivery time, if it's already reached the date.
ok. only going off what has proven to work in the past, but I haven't pushed for an update for a long time.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:31 AM   #222
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Blank screen issue.

I've had the Summer Update for 5 days now. After receiving it, I have twice experienced the following problem when tuned to a premium channel HBO, Showtime etc.): A blank screen after doing the steps below.

I don't know if the problem is due to a premium channel, but if you could try twice using a premium, and non-premium, that would be awesome.

1) Go to: TiVo Central
2) Select: My Shows
3) Select a show.
4) Press Play
5) Go to: TiVo Central
6) Select: My Shows
7) Press Live TV

Result: A blank screen.
Fix: Change the channel, and the blank channel is now tuned to a show.

Has anyone else has this problem? If not, would you try the steps above (it will only tale a couple of minutes)?
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #223
drweb
TiVo User & Lover

I'm on priority list, but no summer update. I rebooted the TiVo yesterday, and connected I think 5 times in a row. I feel like it's stuck in limbo somewhere, and that it would get to everyone by end of July.

I guess nothing to do but wait
DrWeb

San Diego, CA
drweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #224
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIFRTHS View Post
I've had the Summer Update for 5 days now. After receiving it, I have twice experienced the following problem when tuned to a premium channel HBO, Showtime etc.): A blank screen after doing the steps below.

I don't know if the problem is due to a premium channel, but if you could try twice using a premium, and non-premium, that would be awesome.

1) Go to: TiVo Central
2) Select: My Shows
3) Select a show.
4) Press Play
5) Go to: TiVo Central
6) Select: My Shows
7) Press Live TV

Result: A blank screen.

Has anyone else has this problem? If not, would you try the steps above (it will only tale a couple of minutes)?
See this thread, which TiVoMargret is actively participating in: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=519131

If the channels you have the problem with are SDV ones, it's definitely the right thread for you (and me).
Old 07-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #225
MPSAN

I am still at 20.4.1 how long do we need to wait?
Old 07-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #226
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIFRTHS View Post

I have tried your steps without causing a blank screen. However I do get a blank screen infrequently when going to the SD screens to check history or update times. When I exit, the small viewing box will be black, and the whole screen will be blank if I hit the Full Screen button. I will have a banner indicating an invalid channel with no other information. My fix is your fix, but I usually just hit Last twice. I can also change channel up or down. It has been that way for two years.

I have not received the update, use cable only (no SDV), and 2 tuner premieres.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:25 AM   #227
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
See this thread, which TiVoMargret is actively participating in: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=519131

If the channels you have the problem with are SDV ones, it's definitely the right thread for you (and me).
Thanks. I just posted there, but I don't have SDV (Verizon FiOS).
Old 07-23-2014, 03:29 AM   #228
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
I have tried your steps without causing a blank screen. However I do get a blank screen infrequently when going to the SD screens to check history or update times. When I exit, the small viewing box will be black, and the whole screen will be blank if I hit the Full Screen button. I will have a banner indicating an invalid channel with no other information. My fix is your fix, but I usually just hit Last twice. I can also change channel up or down. It has been that way for two years.

I have not received the update, use cable only (no SDV), and 2 tuner premieres.
Interesting... I've never had the problem before I got the summer update...
Old 07-23-2014, 06:04 AM   #229
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
I am still at 20.4.1 how long do we need to wait?
They said rollout should be completed by end of month.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #230
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Which month?

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #231
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
OK, I will wait then.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #232
TVCricket
HDUI

Haven't used Netflix in a while, but when I tried using it last night, I noticed a problem when the app loads up. The images of the shows/movies don't instantly load up. I have to wait between 10-20 seconds before anything shows up. Sometimes not all the images will load either. I've tried rebooting, but that didn't help. Is this a problem with the new update?
Old 07-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #233
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVCricket View Post
Haven't used Netflix in a while, but when I tried using it last night, I noticed a problem when the app loads up. The images of the shows/movies don't instantly load up. I have to wait between 10-20 seconds before anything shows up. Sometimes not all the images will load either. I've tried rebooting, but that didn't help. Is this a problem with the new update?
Same with me, though it was something in my setup, once in Netflix and images are loaded no problems after that.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #234
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

this happens to me all the time. And happened before the update too
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #235
sharkster

I just got the update on my bdrm Tivo. I have been checking lately for the 'pending restart' which I know to mean that the update is ready for that box and this morning it was on that one. Looks pretty good. Glad I was able to get rid of that stuff on the left. That was my first task.

Still waiting for my living room one to be availed of the update. I like the crispness of the new font and background. There was something in the message I got, after completing the update, about 'On Demand' but I couldn't find how to do that. I presume that is because Charter here doesn't have it with cablecards yet. I'd like it if that could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #236
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

if you're running sd menus, try using the hd menus.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #237
sharkster

The only thing I don't love about the new Hd menu/guide is the bright yellow box. As you scroll down, for me anyway, the bright yellow box not only doesn't highlight the item you are sitting on but it hides it.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #238
Thos19

Has anyone had an issue since the update where the TiVo no longer shows links for music, pictures, and/or previously archived TiVo recordings via TiVo Desktop? I used to have an icon at the bottom of the now playing list for videos on "Tom's PC". I no longer see links to my PC for published pictures and music from the same PC, either. Rebooting and/or restarting the TiVo server on my PC has not helped.
Thos19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #239
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thos19 View Post
Has anyone had an issue since the update where the TiVo no longer shows links for music, pictures, and/or previously archived TiVo recordings via TiVo Desktop? I used to have an icon at the bottom of the now playing list for videos on "Tom's PC". I no longer see links to my PC for published pictures and music from the same PC, either. Rebooting and/or restarting the TiVo server on my PC has not helped.
try a "right click" on the tivo desktop icon and pause the tivo server for a short while, then resume the server (pause/resume is under "services" if you are in the app).

after a few minutes, see if the links reappear in the tivo menus.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #240
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thos19 View Post
Do you have categories enabled? If you do, then "Tom's PC" will only show up under "All" or "Devices".

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote