TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #181
PaRob1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
this is talking about an added menu option when using the "info" button in the guide.

if a show is available vod, and you press "info", a fourth choice appears at the top of the list for you to "watch now from", and it gives you the options to watch either free (if available) or ppv.

before, when you pressed "info", the three choices were "record", "options, or "explore".
Thanks!
PaRob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #182
1idjack

No VOD on SD menu?

This new update seems faster on both HD and SD.

I cannot, however, access Netflix or Hulu or youtube from the SD menu.

Clicking VOD from the main SD menu brings up "network unavailable" even though I can access the Tivo service and my HD Tivo.
Access is fine through the HD menu, but I don't like using it because I can barely read the small font of the HD menu.

Does anyone know if this is universal with the update, or just a problem with my Premiere?

Last edited by 1idjack : 07-16-2014 at 12:12 PM.
1idjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #183
series5orpremier

For my premiere XL, the new update makes the SD menu MUCH slower but the HD menu is now usable whereas it wasn't before.
series5orpremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #184
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

tho the sub categories in the now playing list, are nice, I will never use them, just like the sub categories under search.

So far not a fan of the font. But I guess that's not that big of deal.

See no change in menu speed. tho my premieres have always been pretty fast in that area.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #185
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
So far not a fan of the font. But I guess that's not that big of deal.
It's the same font that's been on the Roamio. IMHO it's pretty, but perhaps not well-chosen for the "ten-foot interface" (i.e. it's not as legible from my typical viewing distances).

One thing it does do, I just noticed today, is to reduce the visual difference between the HD menus and the remaining SD screens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:26 AM   #186
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
...One thing it does do, I just noticed today, is to reduce the visual difference between the HD menus and the remaining SD screens.
Really? I think it aggravates the difference...it's MUCH more visible.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #187
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Both the new HD font and the (unchanged, I think) SD font have a kind of squarish aspect ratio on a 16:9 display, where the old HD font (which I think was actually the same as the SD font, just rendered at a different effective aspect ratio) looked vertically stretched in comparison. This seems to have more impact on my perception than the different font weights, at least if I'm not paying close attention. Anyway, the bottom line was that I noticed how I didn't notice the HD -> SD transition in the menus as much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #188
stack

Anyone else run into the issue where their Tivo Mini and XL4 no longer work together? I called in and they said it was a known issue and should be coming out with a release.

Both of them have internet connection but they just don't see each other.
stack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #189
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

i remember reports in one of the threads, if not this one, try the roamio thread.

i don't have a mini so i don't understand the setup, but someone said they had to access the menus to designate the host for the mini, and someone else said they had to reboot their equipment.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #190
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by stack View Post
Anyone else run into the issue where their Tivo Mini and XL4 no longer work together? I called in and they said it was a known issue and should be coming out with a release.

Both of them have internet connection but they just don't see each other.
Hmmm... Mine is working fine. I have two mini's and both are working with the XL4.

Did your mini's pick up the new Tivo software?
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #191
londawg

No more Ads

I don't want to jinx it, but it's been a week since the update and I haven't seen a single advertisement! They used to show up when I pushed pause and in the Tivo Central screen.
I did email Tivo's feedback and maybe they blocked them on my unit? Some people report they're still there, bur maybe they listened to my complaints?
londawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #192
jrtroo
User

No, dumb luck. They'll be back.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #193
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

jrtroo's right...they're baaaaaaaaaaaaack...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #194
stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
Hmmm... Mine is working fine. I have two mini's and both are working with the XL4.

Did your mini's pick up the new Tivo software?
Yes it did. The error keeps saying there is no internet connection on the top, but I can do the network test and connect to Tivo service on the Mini and the XL4 both.

I have reset both units and they still don't see each other. The support did say it's a known problem.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #195
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stack View Post
Yes it did. The error keeps saying there is no internet connection on the top, but I can do the network test and connect to Tivo service on the Mini and the XL4 both.

I have reset both units and they still don't see each other. The support did say it's a known problem.
Did you check in Settings whether the XL4 is still listed as the host for the Mini? If it isn't, you'll get the no internet connection message.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #196
JWhites

I've come across a menu glitch/easter egg in the Remote & Device Settings menu. Since the update when I switch to this menu two new options briefly appear, TiVo DVR Connection and Power Saving Settings. The only info I came across so far on was for the latter. http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable
and http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...e/td-p/2039310
Makes me wonder if this is something yet to come in a future update or if it's left over coding. If anyone has more info on either of these settings I'd love to hear more.

Last edited by JWhites : 07-18-2014 at 02:47 PM.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #197
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
I've come across a menu glitch/ easter egg in the Remote & Device Settings menu. Since the update when I switch to this menu two new options briefly appear, TiVo DVR Connection and Power Saving Settings. The only info I came across so far on was for the latter. http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable
and http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...e/td-p/2039310
Makes me wonder if this is something yet to come in a future update or if it's left over coding.
If this is implemented, I hope that the the existing standby is still available. I use it to avoid recording EAS messages but want the 30-minute buffers there when I go active.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #198
stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
Did you check in Settings whether the XL4 is still listed as the host for the Mini? If it isn't, you'll get the no internet connection message.

Thanks. I went in and re checked it and selected it again and everything is back up and running. I guess the update knocked it off which one the host was.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #199
Doit2it

Finally, I just got the update last night. Liking it so far. As others have said, it's somewhat faster that before in the HD menus. Netflix is still sloooooow. I like the new font and colors. No problems with my 50yo eyes at 10 feet from my 47" LG. Liking the sub categories, but every time I change the order, they just revert back to default. Anyone else see this happening?

Tivo XL4 w/LT :: TiVo HD w/LT & 2TB :: LG 47" & 42" HDTVs
Tivo HD w/LT - Mom :: Series 2 80 - Boxed :: Series 2 40 - Boxed
Doit2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #200
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doit2it View Post
Liking the sub categories, but every time I change the order, they just revert back to default. Anyone else see this happening?
are you pressing the "a" button to save your settings before exiting "my shows left column"?

go to my shows, press "a", make your changes, then press "a" again to save before you exit each screen. the direction to press "a" to save the changes is at the bottom of each screen.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:10 AM   #201
Doit2it

Yeah, I think that was the problem. I was scrolling back to the top and selecting "Use these options in My Shows' which means 'SAVE' in older menus, but it doesn't work here. Pressing "A" twice to exit the menu makes it stick. Thanks!

Tivo XL4 w/LT :: TiVo HD w/LT & 2TB :: LG 47" & 42" HDTVs
Tivo HD w/LT - Mom :: Series 2 80 - Boxed :: Series 2 40 - Boxed
Doit2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #202
b_scott
TiVo Fan

this update is THE SH*T. So happy
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:16 AM   #203
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
Sounds like what you were experiencing was command "rubberbanding" or "warping" where all the commands get bunched together then fire off like the snapping of a rubberband.
yup I was getting that on the old interface. Hoping it does not appear on this one.

just noticed - FINALLY "HD recordings" folder is gone. Woohoo!

Last edited by b_scott : 07-19-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #204
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
IMHO it's pretty, but perhaps not well-chosen for the "ten-foot interface" (i.e. it's not as legible from my typical viewing distances).
Then again, my mother says it's more readable.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #205
T_RJ

Anyone receive the update on an Elite?

My premiere has the update but my Elite does not.
I tried forcing the Elite to call home several time in a row but no joy.
T_RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #206
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_RJ View Post
Anyone receive the update on an Elite?

My premiere has the update but my Elite does not.
I tried forcing the Elite to call home several time in a row but no joy.
Yes. I did NOT sign up for early updates, and my Elite rec'd it the same day most of y'all started talking about it showing up. Maybe a couple weeks ago or so?
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #207
T_RJ

I wonder if something is up with my account?
I'll give Tivo a call and see what's up.
T_RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:01 PM   #208
b_scott
TiVo Fan

I put in my premieres one after another. One got it last night and the other won't get it even after hard connecting 5 times tonight.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:23 AM   #209
gigaguy

My xl4 got the update early on. But my P4 still does not have the update. I have connected to service numerous times since the update release, it always loads a file for 20 min. But then nothing else happens. and I've restarted several times. Why no P4 love? The P4 is wifi networked and connects regularly on its own...
gigaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #210
DEC2955

I really don't know where to report this intermittent error that has started happening since the Summer 2014 update: I have COX as my TV provider and I keep getting "Unable to tune channel" and have to do a hard reset (unplug for 10+minutes / repower - reboot) of the TIVO (Premiere 4-4 Tuner), Cable Card & Digital Tuner to tune in the channels... then it all works for about a day then the error comes back,,,, today I had COX send the authorization codes which did not seem fix the error,, but after a hard reset I got a number of messages about changes to the channel line up changed, where in the past if there had been a change to the channel numbers the TIVO would just adjust itself and go about working happily along.. At first I thought that it was a MINI issue only to find that the issue was also happening on the main box.
DEC2955 is offline   Reply With Quote