TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #301
bschuler2007
Frustrated owner

londawg, are you using HD or SD menus? On my SD menus, I could be wrong, but I don't think I have seen an Ad in over a year. Just Tivo things. It's one of the reasons I refuse to go HD.. that and all the on-screen adverts for channels and shows that I don't get.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #302
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschuler2007 View Post
londawg, are you using HD or SD menus? On my SD menus, I could be wrong, but I don't think I have seen an Ad in over a year. Just Tivo things. It's one of the reasons I refuse to go HD.. that and all the on-screen adverts for channels and shows that I don't get.
By the way... Not sure if you guys know about the the "Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select" backdoor code. It makes the Ads a LOT less intrusive. They appear for a brief second and then then immediately disappear. Try it. Works wonders... I actually prefer this behavior with the Pause bar even if there weren't any Ads.

Also, be aware that the Ads only require you to "Down Arrow" once per show, and the Ads will not appear at all after that.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #303
londawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschuler2007 View Post
I'm using HD menus, I don't see any Tivo ads or Bounty paper towel ads, just suggested shows to watch while in the Tivo Central menu. I hope it stays this way!
londawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #304
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rali View Post
while watching live tv, "About to start recording" message popped up... totally unresponsive to the remote
It's a longstanding bug that v20.4.2 has still not fixed. You can clear it without rebooting by tapping any random program's "watch on TV" option with the TiVo app.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=512525
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #305
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
By the way... Not sure if you guys know about the the "Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select" backdoor code. It makes the Ads a LOT less intrusive. They appear for a brief second and then then immediately disappear. Try it. Works wonders... I actually prefer this behavior with the Pause bar even if there weren't any Ads.
+1. Also has the nice side effect of letting you know when your box has rebooted because it reverts back to default behavior after a reboot. So if you pause and see the bar stay on the screen, your Tivo took a dump.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #306
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
+1. Also has the nice side effect of letting you know when your box has rebooted because it reverts back to default behavior after a reboot. So if you pause and see the bar stay on the screen, your Tivo took a dump.

My box has rebooted a few times and it never reverts back default...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #307
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

30-sec skip is the only code I've seen that is sticky, the pause bar quick clear definitely is not.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #308
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
30-sec skip is the only code I've seen that is sticky, the pause bar quick clear definitely is not.
Sorry but on my Premiere, it is...I set it up when I got my box 20 months ago, it's rebooted a few times since, and I've never had to reset it.

XL4
Old 08-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #309
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Sorry but on my Premiere, it is...I set it up when I got my box 20 months ago, it's rebooted a few times since, and I've never had to reset it.
That's odd because on my Premiere as well as my Mini I have to recode it after every reboot. For some reason it takes many, many tries on the Mini.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #310
hillstrubl

Latest TiVo software update (20.4.2) seems to have removed Vuze's "Device Playback" abilities. Neither side sees each other now. What gives?
hillstrubl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #311
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABB View Post
That's odd because on my Premiere as well as my Mini I have to recode it after every reboot. For some reason it takes many, many tries on the Mini.
Some would rather post non/half-truths, planting the seeds for disagreement, then sit back and watch the ensuing chaos (and then critique every participant).

Unless there is some kind of issue with a certain member's TiVo, what they say, and what is reality, are often two different things.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:37 AM   #312
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Every reboot I've had on my old Elite and now my Roamio Plus requires it to be re-entered, and you're the only person I've seen report that it's sticky. Weird.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #313
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Some would rather post non/half-truths, planting the seeds for disagreement, then sit back and watch the ensuing chaos (and then critique every participant).

Unless there is some kind of issue with a certain member's TiVo, what they say, and what is reality, are often two different things.
Seriously? Set it yourself and reboot, then see what happens.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #314
chiguy50

Quote:
Every reboot I've had on my old Elite and now my Roamio Plus requires it to be re-entered, and you're the only person I've seen report that it's sticky. Weird.
Same here, and that also applies to the clock (SSPS9S) and FFWD4 (SSPS88S) codes. Every time there is a reboot I must reset these three codes.
chiguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #315
UCLABB

Quote:
Seriously? Set it yourself and reboot, then see what happens.
I think he was talking about Bierboy's post, at least I hope so.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #316
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Yes, I was.

slowbiscuit was a bit "slow on the uptake". As usual, I post something short, and people misunderstand. Then, I have to come back and explain. I guess I should give up on light humor and stick to long, meticulous, humorless posts, like I also get roasted by slowbuscuit for posting.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't: The never-sold-a-copy story of my life....
Old 08-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #317
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
And that's why I have him on my IL...

XL4
Old 08-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #318
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
And that's why I have him on my IL...
I'm proud to be on Bierboy's IL, which he points out that I'm on, every chance he gets. I guess some people have their own definition of "ignore"...
Old 08-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #319
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
Latest TiVo software update (20.4.2) seems to have removed Vuze's "Device Playback" abilities. Neither side sees each other now. What gives?
I don't think there's any issue with the new software. I don't have Vuze, but AFAICT, it just uses the standard TTG interface, which hasn't stopped working... it's just that the TiVo's recognition of other devices is kind of flaky, like it's always been. Try rebooting the server and/or the TiVos until they see each other.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #320
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy50 View Post
Same here, and that also applies to the clock (SSPS9S) and FFWD4 (SSPS88S) codes. Every time there is a reboot I must reset these three codes.
Just noticed my Roamio rebooted a couple of days ago for no apparent reason. And yes, how I noticed was that the pause bar was lingering...
Old 08-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #321
Teeps

Quote:
What is "FFWD4"?
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #322
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
What is "FFWD4"?
A 4th press of Fast Forward returns you to Play rather than doing nothing
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:23 AM   #323
dickmiles

Quote:
What does the clock code do?
dickmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #324
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickmiles View Post
What does the clock code do?
Adds an on screen clock.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:06 AM   #325
chiguy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Adds an on screen clock.
Real-time clock plus recording playback time (similar to the time displays on the old VCR's except that there's no blinking 12:00 )

I've gotten so used to having this information on my display that I feel lost without it. And it's an immediate indication that my TiVo has rebooted when the counters are not there in the upper left-hand corner.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #326
lpwcomp

Quote:
Real-time clock plus recording playback time (similar to the time displays on the old VCR's except that there's no blinking 12:00 )

I've gotten so used to having this information on my display that I feel lost without it. And it's an immediate indication that my TiVo has rebooted when the counters are not there in the upper left-hand corner.
Your other left.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #327
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
A 4th press of Fast Forward returns you to Play rather than doing nothing
Excellent! I like that feature...

Thanks cherry

I've looked for special or hidden TiVo features here and TiVo web site and did not find any info.
Got a link from where you found this info on the FF?
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #328
cherry ghost

Quote:

Thanks cherry

I've looked for special or hidden TiVo features here and TiVo web site and did not find any info.
If I remember correctly, it used to be standard and was removed in an update. After people complained, they added it back in the next update, but only through the backdoor code. Margaret from TiVo posted the code here.
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #329
chiguy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Your other left.
Doh! That's right (in both senses)!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #330
chiguy50

Quote:

Here's the thread. Note that, although there are plenty of recent posts, it's an old thread and some of the original info may not be current. I assume that you'll be particularly interested in the OP's para 2. (Select-Play-Select Codes) as well as para 10. (Shortcuts).

Happy reading!