TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #271
gsjmia

How set Up Season Pass After Summer Update

On my Premiere, I got my update yesterday.

The Great Martian War is starting tonight and I found it in the video guide in the future, but I don't see any option in the new update to set up a season pass, where did it go?

On Channel 337 BBCAHD in the future, I get options for "Record this Show" "Recording Options" and "Explore this Show" none of which lead to "Season Pass & other options".

However, on channel 338 in the future, it does offer "Season Pass & other options".

?
gsjmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #272
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

have you tried to force a connection, and looked again? i've also had a couple of issues recently with trying to set up a sp, but they eventually cleared up after a couple of days. i thought it was caused by guide info, interesting...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #273
gsjmia

I will try that, thanks
gsjmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #274
schwinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIFRTHS View Post
I tested this aspect ratio bug, on a Premiere XL, and I can confirm it is happening to me too.
Confirmed here on my Premiere as well... I noticed the weird stretch, then press the aspect button to go from Panel, to cycle through the rest, and return to "Panel" and it's fine again... not sure what triggers the problem, but it seems to happen overnight for me?
schwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #275
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwinn View Post
Confirmed here on my Premiere as well... I noticed the weird stretch, then press the aspect button to go from Panel, to cycle through the rest, and return to "Panel" and it's fine again... not sure what triggers the problem, but it seems to happen overnight for me?
It seems to be triggered by the HDUI rebooting (whether you are there to notice it, or not), where at least the whole box isn't rebooting (or sometimes that happens too).

It's not limited to Premieres. The Roamio folks are having the same thing happen, HDUI reboots, aspect changing with false aspect mode reporting, and some have noticed more random reboots of the whole TiVo.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #276
Teeps

My XL-4 received the update.
Nothing excites me about the latest update; especially the extra layer in the my shows list... Never mind I just found the menu to hide the left column. Saw a mention about press "A" button, is this new or are there other functions the letter buttons do?

As you might deduce, I am far from a power user of the tivo ui.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #277
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
...Saw a mention about press "A" button, is this new....
yes, afaik.
Quote:
...are there other functions the letter buttons do?
i haven't found any other new functions.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #278
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjmia View Post
On my Premiere, I got my update yesterday.

The Great Martian War is starting tonight and I found it in the video guide in the future, but I don't see any option in the new update to set up a season pass, where did it go?

On Channel 337 BBCAHD in the future, I get options for "Record this Show" "Recording Options" and "Explore this Show" none of which lead to "Season Pass & other options".

However, on channel 338 in the future, it does offer "Season Pass & other options".

?
The final sentence in this post is what is surprising since "The Great Martian War" is a one-off movie, not a series.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #279
jim7707

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman65 View Post
With the new update, it is like night and day navigating the HD menus compared to previous versions. So much better!
Agree. With my Premier XL it has made a huge improvement that was immediately apparent. At least it is tolerable now. Before, there were times I felt like just pitching it into the dumpster the lag/unresponsiveness was so bad.
jim7707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #280
dcomiskey

Got my update over the wknd. Font looks crystal clear to me, so anyone who can't read it must have other issues. Interface is def faster. Only thing I had to do was to get rid of the category sidebar when viewing my recordings. Haven't had time to test anything else, but hope to be pleasantly surprised.
dcomiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #281
siratfus

Tivo Android streaming app like the Ipad app.

When folks? When??????????? This is so annoying. What is the hold-up?
siratfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #282
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by siratfus View Post

Rumor is the fall software in September.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #283
jrtroo
User

Quote:
What is the hold-up?
My guess is that they were looking to move to the new platform then work on enhancements.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #284
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose53 View Post
Change your video output format from 720p to 480i by going to:

From TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Video > Video Output Format

You should now be able to see Youtube and Netflix (don't know about Hulu ... don't use that).

Change your video output format back from 480i to 720p by going to:

From TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Video > Video Output Format

(In my case, I used 720p because that is all my television is capable of doing.)

Everything should work fine in standard def. now.
Uh. No. It did not.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #285
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:

Good lord give it a rest...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #286
moose53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
Uh. No. It did not.
Yeah, they made another change yesterday afternoon. Doesn't work anymore for me either. Can only see Youtube and Netflix if I use high def. menus. I *hate* high def.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #287
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Yeah, they made another change yesterday afternoon. Doesn't work anymore for me either. Can only see Youtube and Netflix if I use high def. menus. I *hate* high def.
Why?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #288
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
I *hate* high def.
Smear some vaseline on your eyeballs. Problem solved!

You're welcome...
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #289
bschuler2007
Frustrated owner

Vaseline doesn't help. The SD menus are still faster and a whole lot easier to find your content. Maybe I should be putting Vaseline somewhere other then my eyeballs?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #290
siratfus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Good lord give it a rest...
Good lord.. your comment makes it seem like I've been bugging you or this forum about this topic. Is this a case of mistaken username identity?

If you've encountered this topic so much to the point it's upsetting you, maybe you're the one who needs to give it a rest. You know, stop engaging people in this topic.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #291
bschuler2007
Frustrated owner

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idjack View Post
This new update seems faster on both HD and SD.

I cannot, however, access Netflix or Hulu or youtube from the SD menu.

Clicking VOD from the main SD menu brings up "network unavailable" even though I can access the Tivo service and my HD Tivo.
Access is fine through the HD menu, but I don't like using it because I can barely read the small font of the HD menu.

Does anyone know if this is universal with the update, or just a problem with my Premiere?
Same here on 3 Premieres. With TV cable dieing off.. stuff like this makes me think I may want to get out of Dodge before the stampede.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #292
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschuler2007 View Post
Vaseline doesn't help. The SD menus are still faster and a whole lot easier to find your content. Maybe I should be putting Vaseline somewhere other then my eyeballs?
Have you tried it lately? I used to HATE the HD Menus, but they are not bad at all now. There are a lot of nice features on the HD GUI that the SD GUI doesn't have. Might be worth another look.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #293
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschuler2007 View Post
Same here on 3 Premieres. With TV cable dieing off.. stuff like this makes me think I may want to get out of dodge before the stampede.
Lol. Yeah... No. It's not. Not any time soon.

ETA: Dying.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #294
siratfus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
Rumor is the fall software in September.
Thank you. Hopefully.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #295
boyet_m

got my mini updated yesterday and my XL4 today.
boyet_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #296
yawitz

One reason I had been sticking with the SD menus is that I rely on seeing an indication (an asterisk) when a recording will be clipped (i.e. if two shows overlap by a couple of minutes, with no remaining tuners, one will be slightly clipped instead of cancelled). This indication never was added to the HD menus, and it looks like it still isn't shown in the latest update.

Is there some other way (that I'm missing) to see if a recording will be clipped? I agree with other posters here that the SD menus are a lot slower after the update, so I'd love to switch to the snappier HD menus, but really need to see clipping warnings.
yawitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #297
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Good lord.. your comment makes it seem like I've been bugging you or this forum about this topic. Is this a case of mistaken username identity?

If you've encountered this topic so much to the point it's upsetting you, maybe you're the one who needs to give it a rest. You know, stop engaging people in this topic.
Where did I say it was "upsetting" me? This topic has been hammered to death by so many that it's laughable....you ask when and you certainly know there is no answer from anyone who participates in these boards. You're pissing in the wind....it's people like you who keep tilting at windmills...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #298
klambert

Anyone having problems with transferred shows since the update? I suspect this is related to the SD aspect problem, but when I transfer a mp4/m4v video with TivoDesktop or Pytivo, it defaults to a zoomed view. Unlike the issue with SD material, the zoom key doesn't fix it. It cycles through the views, but the picture doesn't change.
klambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #299
rali

Oh, look another bug QA missed

P4XL, 20.4.2 - while watching live tv, the "do you want to switch channels on the other tuner?" message popped up. Selected "yes" and "ok" and now the UI is now hung hard with the tuner question overplayed over live tv and the Premier is totally unresponsive to the remote. Yellow remote light flashes for key presses, but nothing happens.

It's reminiscent of the UI lookup from 2010. I am giving it til morning to time out on its own, but at that point I expect to have to reboot.

Reboot, FFFS. Did tivo switch to WinCE at the same time as dropping flash?
rali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #300
londawg

Opt-Out Advertisement Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by londawg View Post
I don't want to jinx it, but it's been a week since the update and I haven't seen a single advertisement! They used to show up when I pushed pause and in the Tivo Central screen.
I did email Tivo's feedback and maybe they blocked them on my unit? Some people report they're still there, but maybe they listened to my complaints?
Update:
After a month since I got the update I can say I haven't seen any ads while pausing or the Tivo Central screen. Those of you that say "They're Back" I just have to believe that since I called to complain about them they took them off my account. Maybe they have an Opt-Out option that can be implemented if a customer calls or emails them.

LON
londawg is offline   Reply With Quote