TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #91
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragn View Post
I think McDonough has been awesome as the bad guy. First on Justified, now this. Love it! I'm thinking about starting a whitehouse.gov petition that Neal McDonough should be on TV every season, no matter what!

So agree. Loved him even in his smaller part in "Traitor".
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:31 AM   #92
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
I'm tired of seeing Neal McDonough, who plays the SEC, as the villain. He was in Band of Brothers, for goodness sake! And a Howling Commando (Dum Dum Dugan) in the Captain America movies!

He was also the lead in the TV series Medical Investigation, but that lasted only 20 episodes, so he probably doesn't mention it much.
He was a villain on Desperate Housewives as well.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #93
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Really enjoyed the most recent episode. Things are much better when Harvey and Mike are on the same team.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #94
pendragn

Well, I think we have confirmation that the whole "Mike didn't go to Harvard" storyline is not going away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #95
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Yeah but now instead of everyone fearing that Louis will find out, he'll be as guilty of hiding it as the rest of them (assuming his demands are met).
Old 08-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #96
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
Yeah but now instead of everyone fearing that Louis will find out, he'll be as guilty of hiding it as the rest of them (assuming his demands are met).

That is what I was thinking. Louis was one of the last of the major players to be unaware so now he will be on board and get his name on the door. I loved how he came at Donna and Jessica. After that scene I see why his girlfriend didn't want to be an afterthought. He should have had the same passion about her and the fact that she didn't want children.

(I love Louis but I would have fired him also.)

Decent finale with Harvey, Mike, Jessica, Donna & Rachael all playing nice. The loose ends:

Louis will return but what about Katrina? She'll want to know how Louis got back in. I don't see them axing her character yet. (I like her too.)

Papa Zane will also want to know how Louis got back in. If he finds out, he is ruthless but may not want to hurt Rachael.

I'm not buying that Harvey was going to the bathroom that many times at the restaurant. I also didn't buy that Mike didn't know about the key and didn't check into it after Louis made the comment about him already knowing. He picks up on everything. He KNEW that Jessica was going to Katrina's office right after they talked.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #97
SeanC
ECT

Was this longer than an hour last night? I watched an hour show, thought I'd seen the whole thing but I don't know what you guys are talking about RE: Louis finding out about Mike.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #98
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
(I love Louis but I would have fired him also.)
I don't love Louis and I would have fired him long ago. But even at this late date, I would have let him take at least one client (never totally burn bridges if you can avoid it).

Ironically, if Jessica had done that, she probably could have avoided this whole mess.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #99
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Was this longer than an hour last night? I watched an hour show, thought I'd seen the whole thing but I don't know what you guys are talking about RE: Louis finding out about Mike.
How could you miss it? Mike was at Louis' place and asked him about a key that if he would have gone to Harvard that he would have known about. Louis then had the confrontation with Donna where Louis revealed to her that he knew and why he knew it. He went to talk to Jessica and while he was on his way Donna called Jessica and told her that Louis knew. Louis then demanded Pearson, Specter and Litt. It was pretty significant and impossible to miss.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #100
SeanC
ECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
How could you miss it? Mike was at Louis' place and asked him about a key that if he would have gone to Harvard that he would have known about. Louis then had the confrontation with Donna where Louis revealed to her that he knew and why he knew it. He went to talk to Jessica and while he was on his way Donna called Jessica and told her that Louis knew. Louis then demanded Pearson, Specter and Litt. It was pretty significant and impossible to miss.
I dunno, I totally remember Mike visiting and talking about the key, but not much else. I'll look at it when I get home.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #101
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I don't love Louis and I would have fired him long ago. But even at this late date, I would have let him take at least one client (never totally burn bridges if you can avoid it).

Ironically, if Jessica had done that, she probably could have avoided this whole mess.

Her logic was sound. Let one guy do it and everyone will try to do it.

However, I'd probably negotiate a separation package that included a number of clients. He wanted 3 so I'd let him have 2 to control the blood loss.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #102
SeanC
ECT

LOL I do believe I dozed off at the end there and didn't notice. Never saw the last 10 minutes and deleted the show. (I did undelete and watch the end)
Old 08-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #103
smak
TV MA SLV

Why was Luis mad at Donna? She wasn't a real friend because she didn't tell Luis about Mike?

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #104
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
Why was Luis mad at Donna? She wasn't a real friend because she didn't tell Luis about Mike?

-smak-
Yes, exactly that.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #105
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post

-smak-
Not just that she didn't tell him the truth but also that she was actively involved in lying to Louis about it.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #106
smbaker

This episode was kinda slow and disappointing to me, and then all of a sudden in the last few minutes...

Jessica got litt up!

Awesome ending to the season. Louis started out the season weak and then finished strong. Can't wait to see how this shakes down next season.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:55 PM   #107
teknikel

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post

Awesome ending to the season. Louis started out the season weak and then finished strong. Can't wait to see how this shakes down next season.
Isn't this only the season half time?

teknikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:04 AM   #108
john4200

Quote:
Her logic was sound. Let one guy do it and everyone will try to do it.
Nope, not sound at all. Jessica is the boss. She could just say Louis was a special case and deny anyone else. Besides, it is not like they are going to be losing a senior partner very often, so the situation may not come up for a long time.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:28 AM   #109
Beryl

Suits - Season 4 (spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Besides, it is not like they are going to be losing a senior partner very often, so the situation may not come up for a long time.

IIRC, a senior partner has left every season so far for some reason or another.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:08 AM   #110
john4200

Quote:
IIRC, a senior partner has left every season so far for some reason or another.
IIRC, nope. And besides, irrelevant.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #111
Flop

Jessica needs to accidentally fall out of her office window, and the show would improve substantially. The firm of Specter and Litt would be much more interesting than anything that included Pearson. I'm to the point I usually FF Jessica involved scenes because every one is exactly the same.

J: "I'm doing what is best for MY firm... blah blah blah blah blah"
H/M/D/R/Anyone else: "But it would be nice/better/good/helpful if you... blah blah blah blah"
J: "I'm not doing blah blah blah blah..."
H/M/D/R/Anyone else: "But it blah blah blah"
J: "This is MY firm and I will not blah blah blah blah, because I am blah blah blah"
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #112
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

as Hot as Gina Torres is, I have to agree.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #113
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop View Post
Jessica needs to accidentally fall out of her office window, and the show would improve substantially. The firm of Specter and Litt would be much more interesting than anything that included Pearson. I'm to the point I usually FF Jessica involved scenes because every one is exactly the same.

J: "I'm doing what is best for MY firm... blah blah blah blah blah"
H/M/D/R/Anyone else: "But it would be nice/better/good/helpful if you... blah blah blah blah"
J: "I'm not doing blah blah blah blah..."
H/M/D/R/Anyone else: "But it blah blah blah"
J: "This is MY firm and I will not blah blah blah blah, because I am blah blah blah"
LOL perfect! and I also agree.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #114
smak
TV MA SLV

Harvey has on occasion told her that she f'd up. Maybe he'll do so here. She really f'd up here. Her stubbornness is what got them here.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #115
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
as Hot as Gina Torres is, I have to agree.
Me three. She's become a one-dimensional B-word. Vindictive without any good reason to do what she does other than spite. I mean, when Harvey (the human stone) tells you to show a little compassion you know you've stepped way over the "high-functional sociopath" line.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #116
wprager

By the way, what law has Mike broken, again? He lied at his interview, sort-of but everyone does that. After he got hired he could easily argue that he was coerced by his bosses to not come clean. Did he ever represent a client by himself, as opposed to being a legal search engine?

Practicing law without having passed the bar in New York is a misdemeanor. But what does Mike do that Rachael doesn't do? Except do it better? You don't need to be a lawyer to prepare legal documents so long as a real lawyer goes over them, right?

So what, exactly, constitutes "practicing law"? If a plaintiff decides to represent himself, for example, he will be labeled a fool, but no-one can stop him. So if arguing a case in court does not constitute practicing law, what does?
Old 08-23-2014, 05:21 AM   #117
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
By the way, what law has Mike broken, again?
At a minimum, he is involved in fraud and whatever the charge is for illegal computer access through his implicit cooperation with (and silence about) the woman who hacked Harvard's computers to forge his credentials.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #118
Cainebj

I also thought this was a satisfying end to the half season but I also don't buy that Mike would not know what the key was. I am not saying he knew and was giving himself away to Louis but if that is such a big part of Harvard Law School - he would know.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #119
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I also thought this was a satisfying end to the half season but I also don't buy that Mike would not know what the key was. I am not saying he knew and was giving himself away to Louis but if that is such a big part of Harvard Law School - he would know.
It was a plot device to get Louis to find out about Mike. It really was out of character for Mike and it certainly could have been done better. But at the end of the day, Louis finds out about Mike and is using this as leverage to get his name on the wall.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #120
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Maybe it was indeed a calculated risk on Mike's part. He does feel like he owes Louis big time.