Old 06-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #32
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
SPLAT!!!

Loved it!!!
You and me both!!! There was actually cheering in my house.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hot4Bo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #33
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

It was great that she landed right next to her dead splatted son!
Old 06-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #34
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehma View Post
Although I enjoyed the episode, I can't quite figure out why all the people trying to stop the bad guys are American, and there are only 3 of them. When they got to the apartment I couldn't believe the didn't have a bunch of British cops show up.
Why are they in England anyway? There's nothing particularly British about this terror threat unless somehow the Prime Minister ends up being the Big Bad. Speaking of the PM, you'd think he'd be a bit more perturbed about the US clandestine services running all kinds ops on British soil and killing English citizens but he's like "Ok, just keep me informed".

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #35
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
...English citizens....
[threadjack]In England, aren't they called "subjects", not "citizens"?[/threadjack]

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #36
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Why are they in England anyway? There's nothing particularly British about this terror threat unless somehow the Prime Minister ends up being the Big Bad.
Well, the CIA was there because it's the London office of the CIA, and Jack Bauer was there because he was tracking Mrs. Terror's organization. Chloe was there because she had hooked up with Julian Assange China Boy. I think that pretty much covers it...
Quote:
Speaking of the PM, you'd think he'd be a bit more perturbed about the US clandestine services running all kinds ops on British soil and killing English citizens but he's like "Ok, just keep me informed".
He is, like so many, helpless before the sheer awesomeness that is Jack Bauer.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #37
allan
I survived the Mayan

I loved it! My first crazy thought after the Margo splat was the show was about over. Wait a minute, the clock only says 7:32! Wait a minute, aren't there more eps after this? Ah, of course, this is 24!

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #38
Big Deficit
Happy now?

First half of the show was fine and I loved the out the window you go scene. Made up for the highly predictable president isn't really dead moment. So is Chloe is in bed with a bad guy....shocking!

This is the second episode of 24 this season where the second half has awful digital breakup reminiscent of when I used to have DirecTV and the tree stated to block our dish. I can't tell if this is a FIOS, Fox or Tivo issue. Curious that it only seems to happen on the second half hour of 24 episodes and nowhere else. We had to go to alternate means to watch the last half
Old 06-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #39
aaronwt
HD Addict

I didn't see any issues on my FiOS recording. Maybe it was the local Fox affliate?
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #40
aindik

Didn't Navarro call Chloe's boyfriend to send the hitman? Now the hitman has ties to Navarro?
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #41
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Didn't Navarro call Chloe's boyfriend to send the hitman? Now the hitman has ties to Navarro?
No, Navarro asked Adrian (Chloe's boyfriend) if there was anything he could do, and Adrian said "I'm just a middleman", basically leaving Navarro on his own to take care of Jordan.

That's why Navarro ended up using an assassin that could be traced back to him.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #42
Ereth

Where is the RAF? I don't understand. They know where the drone is going (Waterloo Station). They know where the drone is coming from (Dover). And you can see exactly what the drone sees, so you can figure out exactly where it is and what altitude it is. This is a trivial targeting solution. There should've been RAF planes like crazy in the way of this drone. Sure, missile lock would be hard, but bullets would work.

(ok, I'm a week late on this complaint. I just binged watched and caught up!)

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #43
busyba
The Funcooker

IIRC, they Chloe sent the location info to the RAF, but they weren't going to be able to get there in time.

That of course raises the other question of why there weren't RAF air patrols all over London so there would have been some plane able to get there in time...

Old 06-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #44
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
IIRC, they Chloe sent the location info to the RAF, but they weren't going to be able to get there in time.

That of course raises the other question of why there weren't RAF air patrols all over London so there would have been some plane able to get there in time...
RAF should have shot down Jack and POTUS an hour ago.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #45
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
RAF should have shot down Jack and POTUS an hour ago.
LOL.

I don't think they were worried about choppers though. They were focused on drone hunting.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #46
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post

Starting from the minute they knew the drones were compromised, CAP should have been flying over London. That's several HOURS to set up. There are US bases out there, too, so should've had some F-16s in the sky. Once you have the data from the drone, finding it is much easier.

Though, I suppose, as a computer person I ignore the computer errors, I should take off my aviator hat and ignore the aviation errors, too?

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #47
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Yeah, you'd think there'd be a no-fly zone over London pretty quick, and then they can just try to shoot down anything that moves.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #48
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Starting from the minute they knew the drones were compromised, CAP should have been flying over London. That's several HOURS to set up. There are US bases out there, too, so should've had some F-16s in the sky. Once you have the data from the drone, finding it is much easier.

Though, I suppose, as a computer person I ignore the computer errors, I should take off my aviator hat and ignore the aviation errors, too?

Civil Air Patrol?!

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #49
kdmorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Civil Air Patrol?!
I'm sure he was leaning towards Combat Air Patrol. But then again I've been watching too much BSG.
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:15 AM   #50
Ereth

Yes, Combat Air Patrol. Military jets enforcing a perimeter.

RAF Lakenheath is 70 miles away and has F-15s. I've not been there, but I was at Mildenhall briefly. 70 miles in an F-15 is not a very long time. And for this mission, that's one of the best possible aircraft.

The UK themselves should have some Eurofighters and Tornadoes fairly close to London as well. Tornado wouldn't be my choice for this mission, but Eurofighters are more than capable.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #51
aindik

Also, I forget whether Jack was using it in this episode or whether he had com, but I want whatever one ear cellphone earpiece Jack wears that allows him to hear over gunfire. I have mine in both ears and I can't hear it over a passing train.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #52
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:

Yes. It's exactly same way with any trade pictured on TV. It doesn't reflect the real world. It never has and never will.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #53
FrodoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Did Chloe never watch Speed? Not a very good loop!
To be fair, she probably only had 30 seconds to do it.
FrodoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #54
classicX
Don't scream.

I may be mistaken, but don't drones usually fly way higher than most manned aircraft, like, around 60,000 feet? And this one has the "latest" stealth technology - so a patrol would be almost useless.

The drone may have had to drop to get a target lock, but AFAIK they can fire from that high as well.

That doesn't excuse the fact that there weren't jet's already scrambled and close enough to target that drone.
classicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:45 AM   #55
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicX View Post
I may be mistaken, but don't drones usually fly way higher than most manned aircraft, like, around 60,000 feet? And this one has the "latest" stealth technology - so a patrol would be almost useless.

The drone may have had to drop to get a target lock, but AFAIK they can fire from that high as well.

That doesn't excuse the fact that there weren't jet's already scrambled and close enough to target that drone.
60k isn't higher than an F-15 or F-16 can fly. Sure, it's their published ceiling, but the same physics is pushing the drone, too.

But they also said, during the episodes I watched, that the drones were normally at 30k feet, but he had to drop to 20k feet (when trying to blow up Jack as he left the hospital) to reduce missile flight time. 30k is pretty normal for any modern jet fighter.

While you aren't going to see it on Radar or IR, as you point out, the Mark I eyeball will work, and since you know the vector it's coming in on AND can see what it sees, a map guy could tell you really quickly exactly where it is, what altitude and what speed.

The reality is that if they HAD had a competent air defense, the F-15s would have found it and blown it out of the sky, and the show would have had a lot less drama.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #56
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
The reality is that if they HAD had a competent air defense, the F-15s would have found it and blown it out of the sky, and the show would have had a lot less drama.
Yeah, but it's England. If they had had a competent air defense, The Blitz would have had a lot less drama too.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #57
hummingbird_206

I just binge watched the season. Wowee, what a fun ride so far!

Kinda surprised that Chloe doesn't suspect Adrian of being a bad guy. He tried to get Jack caught going in to the Embassy. Now that she's gone off with him maybe she'll figure it out.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #58
aaronwt
HD Addict

Once they pick up the Benjamin Bratt character then I guess she will know.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #59
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

So who does everyone think it the ultimate Big Bad this season? I'm thinking maybe Audrey's hubby. Or maybe someone we've seen from past seasons.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #60
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
So who does everyone think it the ultimate Big Bad this season? I'm thinking maybe Audrey's hubby. Or maybe someone we've seen from past seasons.
Don't think Audrey's hubby is the big bad, but there's no doubt he's still planning on handing Jack over to the Russians to keep Jack's mitts off of Audrey.
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote