Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #241
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Why is he a competition beast? He won HOH the first week when some people didn't want it because they didn't want an early target on them. Other than that he hasn't won anything. How is that being a beast? Donny has won 2 veto's a one battle of the block.
He is a beast because he says so. It's just like me saying I'm king of the world. Because we say it, it means it is true, right.
tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #242
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
That ended up being a hoax.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technolo...r-viral-video/
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #243
Shaunnick

Oh, wow. Fooled me.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #244
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

to be clear, there is no bird, crow or eagle, that can pick up and fly with a human 2yo child. i don't know where victoria heard this story, but repeating it makes her sound like she is discussing a ufo sighting.

a little research shows that preditory birds may attack from the air, but eat their large prey on the ground - they don't fly away with large prey.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace

Last edited by NorthAlabama : 07-18-2014 at 02:02 PM.
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #245
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
to be clear, there is no bird, crow or eagle, that can pick up and fly with a human 2yo child. i don't know where victoria heard this story, but repeating it makes her sound like she is discussing a ufo sighting.

a little research shows that preditory birds may attack from the air, but eat their prey on the ground - they don't fly away with live prey.

Not entirely true. Most eagles grab their prey without landing and carry to a perch where it can be torn apart. The ones that eat fish have no choice but to grab the fish and carry it somewhere else where they can land.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #246
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Not entirely true. Most eagles grab their prey without landing and carry to a perch where it can be torn apart. The ones that eat fish have no choice but to grab the fish and carry it somewhere else where they can land.
you're right about small prey, we were discussing large prey - i'll edit the post.

a 2yo human girl weighs 20-25lbs. no bird is capable of picking up that much weight in flight, the heaviest prey a large owl could carry would top out at about 10lbs.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace

Last edited by NorthAlabama : 07-18-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #247
verdugan

Quote:
a 2yo human girl weighs 20-25lbs. no bird is capable of picking up that much weight in flight, the heaviest prey a large owl could carry would top out at about 10lbs.
Maybe she was small for her age?
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #248
ducker

not liking the way the noms look to be going. We will find out soon enough where they fall as the feeds have been fish for a while now.

As far as TA putting up Amber as a physical threat.... I mean - really? I just don't see that. Does anyone?
Old 07-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #249
SoBelle0
What's next?

Maybe that's part of their plan to get Caleb back on the block - as his idea.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #250
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

noms this week are: victoria & brittany (cody) vs jocasta & amber (frankie), just as the guys planned yesterday before the show, and the ladies are not happy.

amber is tired of being a pawn, and brittany said being compared to victoria in the ceremony wasn't appreciated...at all. i remember another player with blue hair that talked about some sort of group the girls could form to prevent this...anyone remember?

i hope this isn't a boring week...wonder if bb will try to shake things up?

Last edited by NorthAlabama : 07-18-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #251
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I guess America's players have failed so far.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #252
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
team america chose amber as their physical competitor (as strongest lady in the house), so their mission is complete...success! hasn't donny won more comps? oh, that's right, he's on team america.

now, if amber loses bob and ends up on the block, and then wins veto, if i were caleb, i'd start packing.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #253
Azlen

Quote:
The task was way too vague. How do you define who is and isn't a physical threat or who is and isn't a floater? Just dumb.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #254
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
now, if amber loses bob and ends up on the block, and then wins veto, if i were caleb, i'd start packing.

I guess I'm not completely into the season yet. I read this and was trying to figure out who Bob was.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #255
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
I guess I'm not completely into the season yet. I read this and was trying to figure out who Bob was.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #256
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

jocasta and amber win bob, knocking frankie out as hoh.

cody is hoh, the noms are victoria & brittany - let the plotting, lying, shceming, & backstabbing begin!

Old 07-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #257
realityboy

So Jocasta and Amber won the BotB. Brittany and Victiroria are still nominated, and Cody is still HOH. I'm hoping for some fight out of Brittany. I don't think she'll just lie down and die like Devin.

Oh and in case anyone didn't know, the aluminum foil heart that Brit gave to Devin had a pickle inside. One day during his HOH week, he decided that he had a huge crush on Brit. She was a have not, and he gave her a plate of pickles in lieu of roses. She asked if they were poisoned.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #258
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

brittany and jocasta were the targets going in, and now that jocasta (and amber) are safe, the plan moves to brittany as the target (jocasta will have to wait her turn to be targeted next week).

victoria is not pleased with being on the block, neither is brittany. victoria is shocked...shocked...that some hg think she's a weak player, and calls those hg disgusting. brittany thought she had friends (before she was nominated), now she's upset (which seem's to be an almost constant state with brittany). keep workin' on that social game, ladies!

brittany and victoria need to get over their anxieties, and start working on their allies for the pov comp tomorrow. until monday's pov ceremony, it's all still up in the air. donny's name has been thrown around as another target, so his winning the pov would be good for his safety this week.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #259
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

the veto comp should start any minute, frankie is hosting, the players are cody, brittany, victoria, zach, caleb, nicole.

a couple of notes - zach has been making his negative feelings towards amber and brittany known, and pointed out amber's following cody around like a "puppy" (caleb made the same observation off the cuff, cue psycho music!). amber stayed up all night, and spent a good deal of time talking with brittany.

victoria drama - she lied about an interaction with a member of production (matt?), is feeling remorse, and now she's worried. she continues to freak out about being nominated, but derrick had a long talk with her, and tried to focus her on the veto comp.

note: if you're having issues with the live feeds, you're not alone, it's reported cbs has received a ton of notices from users, and are working to get it straightened out. main symptoms are black screens and buffering. some users aren't having any troubles.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #260
realityboy

Victoria won veto. So now Cody (or really Derrick) has his choice of either sticking to the original target with Brit or backdooring someone else.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #261
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Caleb won 5 grand.
Zach won a trip to Germany.
Britney has to kick soccer ball into a goal 100 times an hour in the backyard for 24 hours (or something like that).
Nicole has to wear a humiliation outfit.
Cody has to run outside and kick himself in the butt whenever and alarm sounds.

Cody wants to keep Britney and get rid of Caleb.
Zach and Frankie want to get rid of Britney.
Derrick wants to get rid of Donny.
Hayden wants to keep Donny.
Caleb wants to talk about himself.

Last edited by Fool Me Twice : 07-19-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #262
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

I wonder if Britney regrets picking Caleb to play in the POV for her instead of Amber or Donny. So stupid.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #263
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
I wonder if Britney regrets picking Caleb to play in the POV for her instead of Amber or Donny. So stupid.
she should've picked donny. she purposefully didn't pick amber to try and hide the fact they talk game, so amber was never an option in her mind.

she was hoping if caleb won, amber might sway him, but caleb and amber are on the outs right now, and caleb even said he might throw the comp.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:55 AM   #264
realityboy

Brit's punishment seems overly harsh for someone going home this week. It only makes good tv as an underdog fighting to stay. I hope somehow it flips around by Monday, but it seems she's a goner.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #265
RickyL
valar morghulis

Quote:

a little research shows that preditory birds may attack from the air, but eat their large prey on the ground - they don't fly away with large prey.
An african swallow perhaps

"If You chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush, Freewill
RickyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #266
ducker

To further clarify..

Victoria won the PoV.
Caleb had the chance to take it from her, but wanted the 5 grand instead.

Which has been some cause for pointing a target at him.

Britney did have to kick 2400 goals within 24 hours. She completed it I think around the 20 hour mark or so.

Cody's "penalty kick" is a riot. When ever a whistle blows and a voice over sounds for a penalty kick - he has to go over to a butt kicking machine and kick himself in the butt 10 times.

Quote:
Caleb won 5 grand.
Zach won a trip to Germany.
Britney has to kick soccer ball into a goal 100 times an hour in the backyard for 24 hours (or something like that).
Nicole has to wear a humiliation outfit.
Cody has to run outside and kick himself in the butt whenever and alarm sounds.

Cody wants to keep Britney and get rid of Caleb.
Zach and Frankie want to get rid of Britney.
Derrick wants to get rid of Donny.
Hayden wants to keep Donny.
Caleb wants to talk about himself.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #267
ducker

Nic and Hayden finally smooched last night too!! wooo.
A lot of house guests found it odd - as Hayden was a bit smelly - not taking shows that often. but Hayden and Nicole didn't seem to mind.

I don't get it. Are you really that busy in the house that you can't shower at least once a day? come on guys. That is as disgusting as their kitchen. Shower up!!
Old 07-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #268
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Just as I suspected, Cody didn't have the balls to go against Derrick and put up Caleb. He wanted to so badly. Derrick and Frankie hammered him back into place.

There was a big push the last few hours over night to get Caleb up and out. Almost certainly from the diary room. I mean, when Victoria out of nowhere pulls Derrick into a room and starts talking game about Caleb you know someone has been leading her by the nose. Nice try, but this is still Derrick's house.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #269
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Just as I suspected, Cody didn't have the balls to go against Derrick and put up Caleb. He wanted to so badly. Derrick and Frankie hammered him back into place.

There was a big push the last few hours over night to get Caleb up and out. Almost certainly from the diary room. I mean, when Victoria out of nowhere pulls Derrick into a room and starts talking game about Caleb you know someone has been leading her by the nose. Nice try, but this is still Derrick's house.
you nailed it. i had bigger hopes for cody's hoh, but also have sympathy for his wanting to be in agreement with his alliance. i still have faith he'll cop a clue sooner than later.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #270
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

pov ceremony is over, and donny now sits next to brittany. bye, bye, brittany.