TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #61
vertigo235

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I always wonder when someone says they were a former professional athlete how true it is. I looked up Devin and indeed he was drafted by the Cardinals played a short season of rookie ball, then he was suspended for the 2009 season (steroids anyone). He played 44 games the next season in Low A and was done. So his story about quitting when he became a father wasn't true as his daughter is 2.

But it is a much better story

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #62
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

"I quit playing baseball so I could focus 100% on raising my daughter. Then I decided to ditch her for 3 months over the summer so I could be on TV."
Old 06-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #63
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
"I quit playing baseball so I could focus 100% on raising my daughter. Then I decided to ditch her for 3 months over the summer so I could be on TV."
But, he's doing it to win the money for her future! LOL

Btw, that dude needs to stop smiling because it makes him look creepy.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:44 PM   #64
stellie93

Quote:
This was my first thought. And the one who has 3 kids who are the most important part of her life. It's not like BB is a week or 2.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #65
Silverman

Thanks Realityboy. I am surprised the rail guy last year lost job, on what grounds? With the union and all I never thought they could fire someone for thought control while off duty.
Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #66
nmiller855

I hope the next group of contestants offer more substance than this 1st group. I've watched every previous episode & am just not impressed yet.
I'm hoping the new twists make it more interesting. Before the HOH knew they were invincible for their week & this year should shake things up.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:32 AM   #67
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverman View Post
Thanks Realityboy. I am surprised the rail guy last year lost job, on what grounds? With the union and all I never thought they could fire someone for thought control while off duty.
I bet it was the drug use that did him in. He admitted to using on the job and had been sent to rehab by the union before.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:34 AM   #68
realityboy

So Caleb's in love with Amber. Maybe not a racist? Just an idiot?
Old 06-27-2014, 06:39 AM   #69
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
I'm in love with Amber too.

Hope she doesn't end up being a nasty beotch.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #70
PuddingRiot

I am surprised at how likable everyone seems to be this year.
PuddingRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #71
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingRiot View Post
I am surprised at how likable everyone seems to be this year.
I must be watching a different show. I only like maybe 3-4 people this year so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:54 AM   #72
Silverman

Thanks Realityboy, I had forgot drug use had come up. Yes, admitting to it on TV not very smart when operating that, and I had never read about the rehab time. I sure wish media would report the important stuff like someone operating a train impaired, instead of oh my he made a slur....
Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #73
jjd_87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverman View Post
Thanks Realityboy, I had forgot drug use had come up. Yes, admitting to it on TV not very smart when operating that, and I had never read about the rehab time. I sure wish media would report the important stuff like someone operating a train impaired, instead of oh my he made a slur....
Well you know what they say, words hurt even more than train wrecks.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #74
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
And sleeping with the gay guy. Maybe not a homophobe either.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #75
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

Quick update from live feeds:

Frankie won 1st HOH in Go Fly a Kite comp
Caleb won the 2nd HOH in Over the Coals comp

Frankie nominated Victoria and Brittany
Caleb Nominated Donny and Paola

Battle of the Block : Brittany and Victoria won and are safe

As of now, Paola and Donny are on the block for eviction.. Because of the twist, Frankie could be put up as a replacement nominee.

POV Players will be: Donny, Paola, Caleb, Zach, Victoria, Cody

Have nots are: Cody, Hayden, Joey, and Brittany
Old 06-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #76
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I must be watching a different show. I only like maybe 3-4 people this year so far.
I must be watching the same show as you b/c I've found only a few people likeable.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #77
verdugan

Thanks for the update Waldorf.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #78
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Agree. There are only a small handful of these folks I would actually root for so far. Most are dreck on two legs.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #79
realityboy

I'm finding most of them ok so far. They seem like genuinely nice people, but feeds have only been on for a few hours. (Sure some are grating, but it's slightly fewer than normal).

It seems Donny is the target this week. They don't believe he's a custodian. They think he might be a professor.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #80
vertigo235

A professor, nice

vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #81
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

I hope Donny sticks around. I'm okay with the backdoor Joey plan. If that is a real plan.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #82
realityboy

I'm ok with that, but I don't know how serious it is. I think Devin could end up getting backdoored if he keeps irritating everyone. Or if he flirts with Amber.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #83
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
I hope Donny sticks around. I'm okay with the backdoor Joey plan. If that is a real plan.
Is Joey the blue hair girl? I like her so far and don't want her to go just yet.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #84
ducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Is Joey the blue hair girl? I like her so far and don't want her to go just yet.
Yes.

So yea, Frankie can be a replacement nom now. With the new twist I guess he's no longer a co-HoH. just a standard member like everyone else.

I'm sure it will be clearer once the broadcast a full week.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #85
nmiller855

I was not impressed when they showed a minute or two before the houseguests knew the live show was about to start. They were all sitting around like normal people but the second they thought BB after dark started some of them started trying to be the center of attention by being the loudest or most outrageous. Like the guy that was naked except for his hat that he held over his crotch. Him repeatedly asking if they were live yet made him that much more annoying.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #86
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Yep, they certainly knew they'd be going live running all around the house screaming at the cameras. But this is also the first live show and they've probably been in there a week or so? So I guess I can understand them being excited for the first show and I'd assume it won't be so "exciting" every night.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #87
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

it's too early for me to really say whether or not i like or dislike any hg, but i've come to a few early conclusions:
  • i don't want donny or joey gone so early, so i hope donny wins the veto, and joey isn't the renom. i like pow pow enough, but would rather see her go over joey or donny at this point in the game.
  • zach, devin, caleb, and jacosta are all beginning to get on my nerves (and devin seems to be getting on several hg's nerves) - any of them would be great renoms if the veto is used.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace

Last edited by NorthAlabama : 06-27-2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: sp
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #88
SoBelle0
What's next?

I don't want either Donny or Joey to go yet, either. I don't watch live feeds - just love to read about them sometimes and see people's reactions. So, why is Devin getting on people's nerves already?

Why isn't Zach already halfway out the door? Talk about a d-nozzle. If he was like that on the show, it's got to be worse live, right?

I'm okay with Pao leaving... doubt the BB staff are ready to let go of all her potential drama, though.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #89
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
So, why is Devin getting on peoples nerves already?
the only concrete criticism i've heard levied was about him getting upset after giving up a bed and comforter to allow the ladie's to sleep together. he was upset they supposedly took the last of the clean sheets, too. rather than sleep on dirty sheets in his own bed, he went to the have not room to look for a place to rest (he isn't a have not). he has also been talking game like he was in charge - hoh himself - designating what should be done, when he has no power. kind of condescending.

one hg described him as "bipolar" (not a medical diagnosis, just an opinion). i'm thinking he's just getting adjusted to living with 15 other varied personalities (and their personal habits), and he seems to be apologetic, but has already rubbed a few hg the wrong way.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #90
ducker

Quote:
Yep, they certainly knew they'd be going live running all around the house screaming at the cameras. But this is also the first live show and they've probably been in there a week or so? So I guess I can understand them being excited for the first show and I'd assume it won't be so "exciting" every night.
yea watching/listening to the feed someone mentioned they have been in the house now for 8 days, and how their DR sessions are now going to be more about current events, not things that happened days ago.

The staged "are we live now" was cute - as they were all frozen - as if the video feed was paused. A bit amusing, but then with Hayden walking around with the hat goofin', and then Joey doing her thing. Maybe Joey just wanted to get it out there as to not worry as much when changing in the future? shrug I dunno. Her personality isn't shy one bit, and it's certainly not an act.

I would expect Zack to be halfway out the door too, evidently he's been sleeping like 80% of the time. Goes to bed early, sleeps late. and then lounges around all day not doing much.

I see Devin playing WAY too hard, way to early and rubbing people the wrong way.