TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-22-2014, 04:20 AM   #31
realityboy

If anyone is interested, there are a few nsfw modeling pics of a few of the girls. And of Cody as an underwear model.

Also Caleb's Instagram caused a bit of controversy. Link. Not so much the picture, but the comments from him. He is insain_physique. Yes it was stupid, but it was also almost 2 years ago. Maybe he has matured.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #32
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
...Caleb's Instagram caused a bit of controversy...Not so much the picture, but the comments from him...Yes it was stupid, but it was also almost 2 years ago. Maybe he has matured.
more mature at 26 than 24? maybe is right, but i doubt maturity would affect his personal opinions, only whether or not it was wise to post hateful comments in social media - disgusting.

he was not one of my favorites for the season, now i hope he's first to go. anyone who likes to spew bigoted hate freely on social media shouldn't earn 75 cameras and 100 mics in primetime.

eta: are we supposed to believe the bb producers accidentally missed this...again? considering last year's controversies, i'm thinking they are doing this on purpose, for ratings.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace

Last edited by NorthAlabama : 06-22-2014 at 11:35 AM.
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #33
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
more mature at 26 than 24? maybe is right, but i doubt maturity would affect his personal opinions, only whether or not it was wise to post hateful comments in social media - disgusting.

he was not one of my favorites for the season, now i hope he's first to go. anyone who likes to spew bigoted hate freely on social media shouldn't earn 75 cameras and 100 mics in primetime.
This. I know it's TV and I don't believe for a second that this is true "reality" TV. Especially BB, where I've always felt that the vast majority of the houseguests are out of work or wanna be actors looking for face time. You'd think they could find better "people" than this.

Quote:
eta: are we supposed to believe the bb producers accidentally missed this...again? considering last year's controversies, i'm thinking they are doing this on purpose, for ratings.
Can you go to this well twice without turning off people? Sadly, I think you just might be able to. Hopefully we won't have another season where, by the end, the houseguests were just so horrible we wind up rooting for the lesser of two evils. Seems to happen a lot with BB.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #34
verdugan

Quote:

Not to go all conspiracy theorist, but who says they missed it? Politics is very divisive, but that means buzz. And maybe they think that no publicity is bad publicity.

And I'm def. not defending the comments, but as bad as they are they're not in the same league as most of what was said last season.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #35
realityboy

I can believe they missed it. Fans are ridiculously obsessive. It was one comment on one picture about 2 years ago. The person that found that spent hours scouring his accounts. CBS probably looks at them, but they wouldn't go that deep.

I'm just trying to keep an open mind about him.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #36
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Politics is very divisive, but that means buzz. And maybe they think that no publicity is bad publicity.

And I'm def. not defending the comments, but as bad as they are they're not in the same league as most of what was said last season.
i understand your position, but i disagree with your classification of the comments as "politics" - you can state your politics without calling names or using bigoted slurs.
i'll wait and see what's said when the camera's start rolling, but my opinion won't change untill i see an effort by caleb to change it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
I'm just trying to keep an open mind about him.
i'm not, not until there's an acknowledgement the comments were wrong followed by a genuine apology - and by genuine, i don't mean one only directed at "those who were offended".

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 06-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #37
vertigo235

Quote:
i understand your position, but i disagree with your classification of the comments as "politics" - you can state your politics without calling names or using bigoted slurs.
i'll wait and see what's said when the camera's start rolling, but my opinion won't change untill i see an effort by caleb to change it.

i'm not, not until there's an acknowledgement the comments were wrong followed by a genuine apology - and by genuine, i don't mean one only directed at "those who were offended".
Don't hold your breath.

Surely you can't expect everyone on the show to be saints? Watch the show and don't support him, but support someone else.

Or, just don't watch the show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #38
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
Don't hold your breath.

Surely you can't expect everyone on the show to be saints? Watch the show and don't support him, but support someone else.

Or, just don't watch the show.
so my only two choices are to accept the behavior or don't watch?

Old 06-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #39
vertigo235

Quote:
so my only two choices are to accept the behavior or don't watch?
Well, yeah I mean these are people on a reality TV show, this is not a fully scripted show (see what I did there?).

Anyhow, that's exactly what your choices are, boycott the show, or just accept it, yes.

That doesn't mean you have to like the guy or agree with his views, I certainly dont.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #40
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
Anyhow, that's exactly what your choices are, boycott the show, or just accept it, yes.
i see another avenue that involves writing the producers, host, and network to express my disappointment (already done).

Old 06-23-2014, 10:09 PM   #41
verdugan

Quote:

I hear you. I hope he goes home first.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #42
GoPackGo

Does CBS allow concurrent streams on one Live feed account, from different IPs?

I'm wondering if my daughter can watch from her place, with me from mine.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #43
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
Does CBS allow concurrent streams on one Live feed account, from different IPs?

I'm wondering if my daughter can watch from her place, with me from mine.
Acct sharing = PW sharing. I'm sure thats a no no. If it wasn't concurrent it wouldn't raise a flag.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #44
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Acct sharing = PW sharing. I'm sure thats a no no. If it wasn't concurrent it wouldn't raise a flag.
That doesn't mean it won't work
Old 06-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #45
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
That doesn't mean it won't work
I'm sure it will work for awhile. At worst you'd have to sign up for another acct and pay the regular price once the other one got canceled for violating TOS.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #46
vertigo235

I doubt they will do anything unless it's many ip addresses. I'm sure lots of people watch at work then at home etc.

They probably don't check for concurrency unless it's a lot of different ip addresses at once.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #47
Silverman

Remember this show is only 3 months or less, don't even care about their TOS like they might if it was a permanent site. It should work and nothing to lose. If you ever did have to call in trouble you say you watch at work and home, most homes are a couple so this should not be a problem. A problem would be as said, a hundred folks logging in.

Reading the above about the people it looks now like all the racist stuff last year may be fake if they are doing it again, you know the old fool me once... it won't work again. Can anyone tell us if last years so called bad folk actually had problems with job or school after BB ended, like they tried to say? If not, they were told it was just acting you see, this could help prove that.
Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #48
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Team America controls three people!! Hate it.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #49
BrandonRe

Is it just me or does Cody bear a striking resemblance to a young John Travolta? The blue eyes, the shape of his mouth, and the chin dimple all make me think he looks a lot like him at times.
BrandonRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #50
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I don't know who one of the most famous people on Earth is.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #51
rahnbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #52
BrandonRe

Quote:
you must not have tween age girls.
BrandonRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:19 AM   #53
realityboy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverman View Post
Remember this show is only 3 months or less, don't even care about their TOS like they might if it was a permanent site. It should work and nothing to lose. If you ever did have to call in trouble you say you watch at work and home, most homes are a couple so this should not be a problem. A problem would be as said, a hundred folks logging in.

Reading the above about the people it looks now like all the racist stuff last year may be fake if they are doing it again, you know the old fool me once... it won't work again. Can anyone tell us if last years so called bad folk actually had problems with job or school after BB ended, like they tried to say? If not, they were told it was just acting you see, this could help prove that.
Yes, several people lost their jobs. Most have new jobs now. It's not that unusual for someone to get a new job after the show anyway. Most jobs that you can take 3 months off from aren't that serious. Aaryn/GM had modeling/pageant jobs so they can probably get more work. Kaitlyn moved to LA so she would've quit her job anyway. I know the union put out a statement when Spencer was let go from the railroad. I don't know if he got another job after that. I don't think Andy has been asked back to teach, but he only taught part time.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:09 AM   #54
Shaunnick

Andy was already on a semester to semester agreement with the college. He intends to return to teaching this fall. Right now he is enjoying the fruits of his winnings by traveling and what not.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #55
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
yeah, i was thinking the same...

Old 06-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #56
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonRe View Post
you must not have tween age girls.
This. My daughter new INSTANTLY who she was when I mentioned the name (she's just 15). I had no idea who she was. She's on some Nickelodeon show apparently.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #57
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I always wonder when someone says they were a former professional athlete how true it is. I looked up Devin and indeed he was drafted by the Cardinals played a short season of rookie ball, then he was suspended for the 2009 season (steroids anyone). He played 44 games the next season in Low A and was done. So his story about quitting when he became a father wasn't true as his daughter is 2.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #58
ducker

where was the voting for Team America? I subscribed 2 days ago but never could find it.... Late last night I think I found it but can anyone confirm... Is it in the chat tool - where it has different tabs on top? One of them "vote"

On a side note. I see Frankie being too out outpoken/way too high energy.
The blue haired girl (his "counter part") seems a lot more level headed.

This is my first year paying for the live feed. can't wait.!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #59
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducker View Post
where was the voting for Team America? I subscribed 2 days ago but never could find it....
no subscription necessary, go to cbs.com/bigbrother and look under the "more" drop down for "team america vote".

the first round is closed, the second and third round will be opened for voting when jc announces on future shows.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #60
ducker

ah ok. So the subscription voting must be in that other place I noticed.
thanks.