TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Orphan Black 6/14/14 “Things Which Have Never Yet Been Done”

Why is it not surprising which of the loving couple is better suited for the disposal of dead bodies?

How nice that Helena finally has people her own age to play with! Plus she gets to give parenting advice. “Gut you like a fish” indeed...

Lucky for Donnie & Alison that DeAngelo is too stupid to wire her snitch.

“Haven’t you been listening to anything my father’s been saying? “— Not really.” And yet again I forgot that Helena is Tatiana.

Poor stoogey-looking guy. When he's not playing slimy dicks, he's playing somebody we're meant to think is a slimy dick.

Nothing like a home improvement project to bring a couple closer together...

“Do I look like I’m trying to be funny?” Well, yes Helena. Yes, you do.

At least Kira’s new room is nice...
Old 06-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
philw1776

On the show's theme of genetics...the murder gene is dominant with these clone seestras. Every clone has been involved with murder, some many times, except (so far) Cosima. That includes Beth (RIP) who shot the Prolethian or whatever they're called and was in trouble with the police for the shooting. Sarah even tried to murder her twin.

I thought the writing was superb for this episode. Helena rocks.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:31 AM   #3
john4200

How much bone marrow did they take out of that poor little girl?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #4
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
On the show's theme of genetics...the murder gene is dominant with these clone seestras. Every clone has been involved with murder, some many times, except (so far) Cosima. That includes Beth (RIP) who shot the Prolethian or whatever they're called and was in trouble with the police for the shooting. Sarah even tried to murder her twin.

I thought the writing was superb for this episode. Helena rocks.

Yeppy on all of this.

I hated Helena after she killed the birth mom but after she out-crazied her captors, I like her as much as most of the other clones. I also have become quite fond of Donnie.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Every clone has been involved with murder, some many times, except (so far) Cosima.
Except she's a scientist, so she's MURDERING THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE with her Global Warming hoax.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #6
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

So is the one who kidnapped Kira yet another clone?
I made the mistake of watching this one while using my laptop at the same time. I need to watch again without distractions.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Rachel kidnapped Kira.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Oh Ok I saw her making a phone call. I thought she was calling another clone to kidnap Kira. Thanks
Old 06-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
cheesesteak
Meh.

Kira handles this show's shenanigans with the utmost cool.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Kira handles this show's shenanigans with the utmost cool.
Yeah, I don't know if she's an especially good child actor, or if they're just good at keeping things within her wheelhouse. But either way, she's far less annoying than most child actors...i.e., not at all.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #11
stellie93

Ok--so the crazy guy stole Helena's egg and fertilized it and implanted it? I guess I wasn't listening either when he talked.

The poor stoogey looking guy was actually innocent and Rachael set it up for her to see the computer so she would get Sarah out of the room?

I'm not sure they weren't better off with the body in the freezer. Just get a generator in case the power goes off and leave it there for a few years until everything cools down. Now druggie guy knows where it is--if he has any brains at all--and they can't even move it. Not to mention their kids knowing that Mommy and Daddy dug a big hole in the garage.

I still haven't figured out who the new woman is. Am I supposed to know where she fits in?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #12
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Yes, Hank was apparently using his sperm to fertilize Helena's eggs and implanting them in all the women.

Yes, Benjamin was innocent; Rachel tricked Delphine to get Sarah away from Kira.

What would Vic know? No one is even looking for Leekie; everyone thinks he died on one of the Dyad planes, and certainly no one (outside of Dyad anyway) knows that Donnie or Alison had even heard of Dyad, much less knew Leekie. There's nothing to cool down: nothing is hot, no one is looking. I think burying the body is much safer since you don't have to worry about electricity going out or someone looking in the freezer. Yes, some people know they dug a hole in the garage and yes, that's suspicious, but there's no reason anyone would have to dig it up again. Personally I might have tried something else, a la Breaking Bad, but in any event burying under the garage is better than in the freezer IMO.

I'm not sure what you mean by "new woman". Do you mean Marian? She is Leekie and Rachel's boss; she appears to be the "big bad" behind Dyad. She gave the OK for Rachel to do away with Leekie (you may remember Rachel talking to her on her cell, on speaker, showing Leekie he had already lost and needed to run).
Old 06-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #13
cheesesteak
Meh.

I think Allison and Donny were idiots for excavating the grave in their garage while their kids were home. Leave Leekie in the freezer until the kids aren't home.

Victor doesn't know anything other than there's a body sized hole in Allison's garage floor. They wouldn't have spent so much time on the scene unless it's going to come back and bite them in the butt somehow.

I thought Rachel impersonating Sarah perfectly was a stretch. Maybe I should go back and examine the scene more closely but if Rachel not only matched Sarah's speech patterns, hairdo and clothes on her first shot, then that's a bit unbelievable.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #14
JoBeth66
Temp

Donnie was /awesome/ in this episode.

Tatiana deserves at least 6 Emmys for her roles.
JoBeth66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #15
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Ok--so the crazy guy stole Helena's egg and fertilized it and implanted it? I guess I wasn't listening either when he talked.

The poor stoogey looking guy was actually innocent and Rachael set it up for her to see the computer so she would get Sarah out of the room?

I'm not sure they weren't better off with the body in the freezer. Just get a generator in case the power goes off and leave it there for a few years until everything cools down. Now druggie guy knows where it is--if he has any brains at all--and they can't even move it. Not to mention their kids knowing that Mommy and Daddy dug a big hole in the garage.

I still haven't figured out who the new woman is. Am I supposed to know where she fits in?
Yes he was innocent. A ploy by Rachel.

The "new woman" was introduced in the previous episode. She's top dog. That's about all we know. Other than she's a sociopathic starship captain. Whoops, that was another show.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #16
JoBeth66
Temp

Quote:
Yes he was innocent. A ploy by Rachel.

The "new woman" was introduced in the previous episode. She's top dog. That's about all we know. Other than she's a sociopathic starship captain. Whoops, that was another show.

She kinda takes me out of the show a little bit every time she's on screen because I can't get past it.
JoBeth66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Do you mean Marian? She is Leekie and Rachel's boss; she appears to be the "big bad" behind Dyad.
Or, if this turns out to be a Burn Notice kind of show, she's the latest opening of the Matryoshka doll. But when she's served her plot purpose, there will be more.

If this turns out to be a Burn Notice kind of show.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #18
philw1776

Trans Siberian
Old 06-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #19
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Victor doesn't know anything other than there's a body sized hole in Allison's garage floor. They wouldn't have spent so much time on the scene unless it's going to come back and bite them in the butt somehow.
Possibly, but also it served to bind their relationship back together. And it seemed to get rid of Vic more or less permanently (??)

Quote:
I thought Rachel impersonating Sarah perfectly was a stretch. Maybe I should go back and examine the scene more closely but if Rachel not only matched Sarah's speech patterns, hairdo and clothes on her first shot, then that's a bit unbelievable.
She didn't really have to do too much. She yells at Mrs. S., and Felix and Kira are asleep so she doesn't have to do much acting there. Plus it seems like Felix does see through it a bit, before she drugs him. Getting the clothes and hair right is the easiest part, I'd think, since Sarah always wears the same thing.

However the whole plan is pretty thin, I agree. How does Rachel know Delphine will call Sarah out into the car instead of going in to talk to her? Whatever, though, it was fun episode.

Here's my question: what happened to all the women and children that lived in the house Helena torched? She must have had them get out somehow, we have to assume...?
Old 06-15-2014, 11:40 PM   #20
Beryl

Quote:
Here's my question: what happened to all the women and children that lived in the house Helena torched? She must have had them get out somehow, we have to assume...?
IIRC, someone mentioned that some (or all) were out looking for more victims.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:59 AM   #21
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Well, not all those little kids Helena was playing with, surely.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:35 AM   #22
getbak

Quote:
That's something that has bothered me since the first episode. Sarah watched one video of Beth a few times and was suddenly able to take over Beth's life so well that it fooled both her boyfriend/monitor and her police partner.

At least Rachel has met and talked to Sarah in person. Sarah had nothing to go on with Beth other than the video and her wardrobe.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #23
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I cracked up when they stuck the body in the freezer and then Alison just loaded all their food right back in in top of it.

But burying the body in the garage was about the stupidest thing they could do. First, using a jackhammer in their suburban neighborhood would attract all kinds of attention. Second, they didn't even cover the windows to prevent anyone from looking in. Third, they did it when their kids were home. Fourth, they now have an obvious body-shaped patch in their garage concrete (unless they skimmed a new coat of concrete over the whole floor, which they didn't do.

And all of that is without even mentioning that many garage floors are made with post-tension slabs that will lose their structural integrity if you cut into them.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #24
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Third, they did it when their kids were home. Fourth, they now have an obvious body-shaped patch in their garage concrete (unless they skimmed a new coat of concrete over the whole floor, which they didn't do.
There were seams in the concrete, and it looked like they were spreading the new concrete out to the seam.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #25
philw1776

Regarding the hole in the garage floor, it's a TV show and it has a comic bent.

I mean does anyone here think that we could clone humans back in the early 1990s?
Old 06-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #26
stellie93

Quote:
She gave the OK for Rachel to do away with Leekie (you may remember Rachel talking to her on her cell, on speaker, showing Leekie he had already lost and needed to run).
So then Rachel thinks that Leekie has probably escaped, since she didn't have him killed?

Quote:
Victor doesn't know anything other than there's a body sized hole in Allison's garage floor.
And that's not incriminating.

Quote:
I cracked up when they stuck the body in the freezer and then Alison just loaded all their food right back in in top of it.

Yeah, I laughed at that. Nobody's going to be eating that food.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #27
Dawghows

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Yeah, I laughed at that. Nobody's going to be eating that food.
Oh, I don't know. Something tells me Allison is a person who's really good at wrapping food for the freezer. I bet there's no possibility whatsoever for cross-contamination.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #28
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
Oh, I don't know. Something tells me Allison is a person who's really good at wrapping food for the freezer. I bet there's no possibility whatsoever for cross-contamination.
Exactly. Alison is extremely practical and she strikes me as one that wouldn't be phased by it. No reason to throw out perfectly good food just because there was food and a body in the same freezer.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #29
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Exactly. Alison is extremely practical and she strikes me as one that wouldn't be phased by it. No reason to throw out perfectly good food just because there was food and a body in the same freezer.
I would throw out the food and the freezer.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #30
john4200

No worries unless Leekie was leaky.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote