TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
rwuich

New Pixelation Issue

Hi everyone, I browsed the forums, but couldn't find anything that matched exactly what is happening to my situation.

My setup is a 60'' Samsung Smart TV, w/ Amazon Fire Stick, BD player, and TIVO Roamio OTA plugged in via HDMI (cheap). I have a Channelmaster ultratenna 60 on my roof, and I live about 40 miles from the Chicago towers. I also have a signal amplifier about 5 feet below the antenna, and a 4 way channelmaster splitter amp in my basement to help w/ decibel loss for the 3 splits (bedroom, living room, basement). I have RG6 all throughout. When connecting coax directly to all 3 TVs, I get excellent signal and zero pixelation.

CBS has always been the most difficult channel for me to get. I would sometimes get brief, but manageable pixelation and loss of signal through the TIVO roamio OTA. I believe this has to do w/ the 4 tuners. However, just in the past week, I'm getting absolutely nothing from CBS. The weirdest thing is if I jiggle the HDMI cable in the back of the TV, my signal starts to come back, which makes me think I have some interference going on or perhaps a bad HDMI. I tried the other HDMI that was plugged into the BD player, but I had the same results.

What do you think could be going on? I haven't changed routers or modems within the past couple of months. The only new electronic device introduced is an outdoor power strip w/ RF remote for my xmas lights. I haven't tried to unplug this yet, and it's not close to my TV.

rwuich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Have you tried swapping the HDMI cable?

How is CBS if you run the antenna signal directly into your TV?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
rwuich

The signal is great direct from coax to TV. Also works great to the other 2 TV's in the house. The problem is only when I attach through the TIVO. I get around a 40 signal.

I have not tried a new HDMI, but I have tried the HDMI that is connected to the Bluray player... same cheap HDMI cable though.

rwuich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
dlfl
Cranky old novice

What signal strengths to you average on the channels other than CBS? Are all splitter taps either connected to a device input or terminated with a terminator?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:23 PM   #5
MikeBear

Unplug the Amazon Fire stick and see if your pixilation goes away. Those are known to cause interference with OTA antenna systems...

MikeBear is offline   Reply With Quote