TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
supergimp

Help me transition from Season Pass to "OnePass"

So I'm trying to be patient, but I'm getting really frustrated. I was a TiVo v1 owner and have always had them (stand alone, built into DTV when they did that, etc), but can't understand the rationale of OnePass.

What if I want to record any episode of a given show? Let's say I like to watch reruns of This Old House (please, don't judge me). There are 32 seasons of this show. Do I actually need to create 32 separate OnePasses so that when a random rerun pops up somewhere I catch it? It seems I can only select new episodes or individual seasons (and WTF is "Year 1"? Some shows only have "Year 1" or the "New" options even though they are not first year shows).

Between that and the new interface that looks like some cheap Chinese company tried to ripoff TiVo with it's jumble of non-intuitive options, I'm not sure if my upgrade to Roamio was a good idea.

supergimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
awsnyde

IIRC, the field where you set the season is labeled something along the lines of "Start at," that is, it will start at season 1 and capture that and every season after that. So just set that field to season 1 and select All episodes.

You may want to set one of the other fields to not look for streamed episodes, or at the very least to only get streamed episodes that you don't have to pay for.

Last edited by awsnyde; 12-05-2015 at 12:58 PM. Reason: typo
awsnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #3
supergimp

Doh! You're absolutely right! I didn't even see it, what with the grey/blue text on the black background.

Ok. I feel better now. I still don't know how I feel about the cheesy interface though.

supergimp is offline   Reply With Quote